View Poll Results: Which option most closely aligns with your opinion about the look of the zombies.

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • The zombies look like people. They need to be redrawn to be more decayed, gory, and scary.

    16 32.65%
  • The zombies look like zombies. The artistic choice used by the developers is fine and consistent.

    32 65.31%
  • The zombies are too scary and gross and need to be toned down

    1 2.04%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 124

Thread: Just a little criticism...

  1. #61
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    16,465
    Rep Power
    1
    ...did you miss the part where he said "as defined by", thus showing a preference? Kind of like you are showing a preference? Why can't other people have differing preferences, I thought you were against fascism?

  2. #62
    Ranger Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    I guess it doesn't help that from my experiences there are a LOT of people who love this game and have never seen a Romero movie. The game isn't ONLY a zombie game, even though it is what I love first and foremost about it.

    I don't need dirtier zombies. In my opinion the zombies from Walking Dead are so generic and interchangeable they are boring as f. What I WOULD love is more variety. Like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead. No rotters, no skeletons. Just dead people looking like a reanimated corpse. The zombies in 7 Days are fine. They look like a TRUE zombie as defined in movies like Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, hell even Re-Animator. THOSe are classic zombies, not the poor excuses you see on WD because the effects dept likes to keep them grey and brown so they can digitize 100 into a scene easily.




    Aahahahah...true zombies? Really? My god! But ok, you are fine! Stay so fine !

    In truth the zombies are more ancient that the industry of Hollywood. The fear of the animated deads is ancient like every man culture...Sorry, but you make examples that...bla bla bla! Instead: "For the ancient Greeks, the dead were both a source of fear and a plea of supplications. Necrophobia, or fear of the dead, is a concept present in Greek culture since Neolithic times. At the heart of this phobia is the belief that corpses have the ability to revive and exist in a state that is neither life nor death"...ok? And the animated corpses are always the same, apart from the hystorical period. I dont need Romero to imagine how a zombie can be drawn down...OK?
    Well, i think this concept is clear now!

    https://www.seeker.com/ancient-greek...769961684.html

  3. #63
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Clubhouse
    Posts
    3,236
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    I guess it doesn't help that from my experiences there are a LOT of people who love this game and have never seen a Romero movie. The game isn't ONLY a zombie game, even though it is what I love first and foremost about it.

    I don't need dirtier zombies. In my opinion the zombies from Walking Dead are so generic and interchangeable they are boring as f. What I WOULD love is more variety. Like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead. No rotters, no skeletons. Just dead people looking like a reanimated corpse. The zombies in 7 Days are fine. They look like a TRUE zombie as defined in movies like Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, hell even Re-Animator. THOSe are classic zombies, not the poor excuses you see on WD because the effects dept likes to keep them grey and brown so they can digitize 100 into a scene easily.




    Aahahahah...true zombies? Really? My god! But ok, you are fine! Stay so fine !

    In truth the zombies are more ancient that the industry of Hollywood. The fear of the animated deads is ancient like every man culture...Sorry, but you make examples that...bla bla bla! Instead: "For the ancient Greeks, the dead were both a source of fear and a plea of supplications. Necrophobia, or fear of the dead, is a concept present in Greek culture since Neolithic times. At the heart of this phobia is the belief that corpses have the ability to revive and exist in a state that is neither life nor death"...ok? And the animated corpses are always the same, apart from the hystorical period. I dont need Romero to imagine how a zombie can be drawn down...OK?
    Well, i think this concept is clear now!

    https://www.seeker.com/ancient-greek...769961684.html

  4. #64
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    ...did you miss the part where he said "as defined by", thus showing a preference? Kind of like you are showing a preference? Why can't other people have differing preferences, I thought you were against fascism?
    Again? AGAIN? You are insulting me dude. Find a post in wich i said that "other people can't have difference"!!! Find it! But you can't, becouse i never said that. You are insulting me, but i know why! You are very confused and otherwise i didn t miss nothing. But you are confused really. You confuse the fact of firmly supporting a thesis, like i m doing, with the fact of not taking up the opinion of other people. YES,
    if I think you're wrong about a topic i will continue to say that you are wrong, TO THE DEATH! But this does not means that you can t express your meaningless and wrong opinion: yes you can, but for me your opinion continue to be wrong and meaningless anyway, and i continue to underline it. But I never wrote that other people can t have differing preference and i don t think that! But if feel that i ve reason on this matter I will continue to hammer like a locksmith until exhaustion. It is the second time that someone on this forum try to accuse me of intolerance. Are you democratic dude? Well! You must remember that your founding fathers believed in freedom and democracy, and for this reason they did not give the English any chance to state their reasons, and any chance to defend their interests , to the point of chasing them away from gunfire and cannon fire. I dont want to set you on fire with guns or cannons obviously, but i will continue to say that you are wrong on this matter and that the actual status of zombies in this game RUINS this game, and plz...tell me one reason becouse i should not continue to affirm this concept?Just to make happy you and the others that have different opinions on it? Ah, no! Salutations!

    p.s. Why the authors do not do a survey asking if the zombies should be changed or if they go well as they are? So we would see if it is only me who thinks that they must be changed!
    I would be ready to keep quiet forever if the majority think differently from me,
    although I will continue to think that the majority are wrong. Do this survey and let see!
    Last edited by Spartacus_Red; 1 Week Ago at 08:37 AM.

  5. #65
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,293
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    Again? AGAIN? You are insulting me dude. Find a post in wich i said that "other people can't have difference"!!! Find it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    Ok, i think i ve explained well! So, if i m the only to say that, anyway Pimps should listen to me, becouse the zombies problem is not only the raving of a madman like me, but it is a defect clearly and universally recognizable.
    You are welcome.

  6. #66
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    16,465
    Rep Power
    1
    ...so you are literally willing to beat a dead horse, just for the sake of it?

  7. #67
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    You are welcome.
    And? And? Where are those evidences? Omg, you should read again what you are posting... The phrase you posted is the perfect example that you are trying only to manipulate my words and that you are voluntarily trying to attribute a completely different and irrelevant sense to some of my phrases that have a very clear and totally different meaning from what you try to insinuate. I ve well explained what i mean..Read better all the posts i did and plz, dont try to kidding me or the intelligence of other people...Ok dude.Be happy! Really you are boring me now!

    Is this the level of your democracy and tollerance in the staff? As soon as a player shows idiosyncrasy to an aspect of the game he becomes the witch to be burnt with false insinuations and veiled accusations? And worse, do you try to attribute a false sense to his phrases? You marvel me...really!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    ...so you are literally willing to beat a dead horse, just for the sake of it?
    I requested a survey, and a poll is not a dead horse, but I do not think they will have the guts to do it.
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 1 Week Ago at 11:48 AM. Reason: cleanup

  8. #68
    Colony Founder Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    4,277
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Morloc View Post
    THIS!


    -Morloc
    The lack of a back story has always annoyed me too.

    One back story that would explain how a person would have so much muscle memory to fight and shoot well and so many other skills, would be the character is some type of special forces.

    Back story:
    =====================
    ~Load music playing~
    You're in a plane and you see the first sergeant saying something but you have ear phones in.

    1st Sgt: "You got that numb nuts, cuz I ant repen myself!"
    You: "Yeah, sure thing sarg".
    1st Sgt: "Alright, doc give the men the experimental antidote, we don't know what the enemy has at sight B, but if what I heard is happening at sight A... we'll need everything we can get. Give the pilots a dose too Doc".

    *2 minutes later the plane losses control and one of the pilot bursts out of the cockpit and starts attacking a soilder, you get up but hit your head, hard... Fad ins and outs: plane crashes, running, cloths on fire, then you collapse, your wake up and the game starts.

    Its better than the cold start and it explains how you are so gifted at... everything. It's why you also didn't bother listening, as you were a true "hotshot".
    Last edited by Aldranon; 1 Week Ago at 05:45 PM.

  9. #69
    Inventor Bimbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Republic Of Texas
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    1
    There are lots of DIFFERENT ways the fictitious Zombie has been envisioned by creators.


    LOTS of different ways.
    Some with FAR less decomposition, and far more vivid color


    .. and chainsaws, cant forget the chainsaw wielding zombie
    Last edited by Bimbie; 1 Week Ago at 06:13 PM.

  10. #70
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spending some Time at Portia
    Posts
    9,868
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    I requested a survey, and a poll is not a dead horse, but I do not think they will have the guts to do it.
    Reverse psychology is my weakness. Poll is up.

    I even had the guts to do a related poll.
    Last edited by Roland; 1 Week Ago at 07:30 PM.

  11. #71
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spending some Time at Portia
    Posts
    9,868
    Rep Power
    1
    Added a third option for the sensitive fans.

  12. #72
    Ranger Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Reverse psychology is my weakness. Poll is up.

    I even had the guts to do a related poll.

  13. #73
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Reverse psychology is my weakness. Poll is up.

    I even had the guts to do a related poll.
    Well, i m satisfied. You did the right thing with this poll. I was indeed awared that the majority of people in this forum would had vote that zombies are fine like they are, and it doesn't marvel me. But there is a third percent of voters that think like me. So, first thing, is not true that i m the only one to dislike those zombies, like some people on this forum had insinuate in a silly way, and second thing, a third percent means that to a consistent part of players dont like the way in wich those zombies where drawn. I can be satisfied, this for me is a good way to support my thesis.Now is up to the Staff, to take this survey in account or not. Like i promised, i will not continue on this discusssion. Salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bimbie View Post
    There are lots of DIFFERENT ways the fictitious Zombie has been envisioned by creators.


    LOTS of different ways.
    Some with FAR less decomposition, and far more vivid color


    .. and chainsaws, cant forget the chainsaw wielding zombie
    ...
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 1 Week Ago at 11:46 AM. Reason: cleanup

  14. #74
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,922
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    Well, i m satisfied. You did the right thing with this poll. I was indeed awared that the majority of people in this forum would had vote that zombies are fine like they are, and it doesn't marvel me. But there is a third percent of voters that think like me. So, first thing, is not true that i m the only one to dislike those zombies, like some people on this forum had insinuate in a silly way, and second thing, a third percent means that to a consistent part of players dont like the way in wich those zombies where drawn. I can be satisfied, this for me is a good way to support my thesis.Now is up to the Staff, to take this survey in account or not. Like i promised, i will not continue on this discusssion. Salutations!
    At this very moment there are two votes for changing the appearance of the zombies... you and one other. That's hardly affirmation. Unless you were looking for a friend.

  15. #75
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    At this very moment there are two votes for changing the appearance of the zombies... you and one other. That's hardly affirmation. Unless you were looking for a friend.
    Emhh...e new pair of glasses? Have you considered to spend this moneys? When i posted that post the votes was 7 for my proposal and 13 against it...now there are 9 for my proposal and 15 against! Why do you continue to provoke me, with the only result to appear ridicolous? Salutation!

    post scriptum: evidently in another life you were part of the Holy Inquisition...for sure :P

    Just a precisation for you and all those who are convinced that they hold the truth: i well know that i will lose this poll. I was awared of this before i asked it. Anyway i asked it, without worrying about the final result, to show you that i m not the only one to think different from you and you do not possess the absolute truth about this matter and that the criticisms are legitimate, even if they were only 5 out of 100 to think like me. I don t know how and when th poll will end, but i m sure of one thing, that it is anyway a good result for me,
    whatever the final result. Salutations!
    Last edited by Spartacus_Red; 1 Week Ago at 02:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •