View Poll Results: If all these options were in the game, which ones would you use regularly?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • no Blood Moons

11 9.09%
  • regular Blood Moons less often than every 7th night

19 15.70%
  • Blood Moons every 7th night (current behavior)

36 29.75%
  • regular Blood Moons more often than every 7th night

12 9.92%
  • Blood Moons on a fixed, but more complex schedule, e.g. with greater frequency over time

24 19.83%
  • Blood Moons on random, unpredictable nights

69 57.02%
  • I don't care, but I still like voting

9 7.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Blood Moon Schedules (aka !7 Days to Die)

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar

Alternative Blood Moon Schedules (aka !7 Days to Die)

We haven't had a poll in a while, and I know from the Dev Diary I'm not the only one interested in people's opinions on this subject.

The game is 7 Days to Die, but suppose you had options to change that number 7. Which options do you expect you'd use regularly? Not, which options would you try once to see how it plays because it's there. Which options do you think you'd enjoy about as much or more than the current weekly Blood Moon? You can vote for as many options as you like.

As in the last poll I made,
    • There's no claim that this poll will influence anything.
    • Let me know if you favor a different option not listed.
    • Focusing on your own preferences, and not on how others do or should play, fosters better discussion.
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 01-05-2018 at 10:29 AM.

First... Yey...

I voted for Blood Moons on random unpredictable nights.

To tie this in with that other thread - that should be an option , not the default setting, but certainly an option.

I would also like that other setup, which we lost in some previous alpha, where the horde number is set (and increases as time goes by), and if you do not kill them they continue to come and camp around you until you take them out. Ie Day7 continues until you kill X - even if they come during the day or it extents to the following night, etc... eventually it never stops. That would be a great option to have.

i would be farming that xp though

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    I'd bring back Horde mode. That was a fun feature, and very challenging for playing Dead is Dead.

So basically bloodmoon every night.

My favorite would be completely random after the 7th day. First you have your regular horde on day 7, and then any random day can be a horde day. You'll know when the sun sets.

voted for random blood moon. nothing exiting about knowing exactly the day and time when something is going to happen.. needs the element of surprise and the DAMN i am not ready feeling.

Either complicated and fixed or random. You get several hours of notice when it's coming so that's good enough in my book. Making it predictable as it is now leads to... planning. And planning for something you know is coming and when is a whole lot different feeling than planning for something that will come eventually.

It would also be nice if the severity of the blood moon was more random within the threshold of the game stage. So game stage would give the center of the spread but there would be randomness to make it more or less powerful based on the roll of the dice. That spread could be based on other factors since the last blood moon (such as player death count, days alive, whatever).

Ranger
    OMG yes, please make random Blood Moon occurrences instead of a set schedule. Been saying this for over a year. AT least as an option on game start.

Set schedule blood moon is just so damn easy to manage.

Maybe the very first blood moon can be on the 7th day to stay in touch with the game name and give new survivors a chance, but after the 7th day...the game is on for CHAOS!
    Last edited by fragtzack; 01-05-2018 at 04:08 PM.

if i am not mistaken (and i was told this or seen it on an old video maybe) so no its not an official statement, the name 7 days to die came from how long it took for the infection to kill the player if a cure wasnt found (after the stages got to day 7 thats when you died but i never died from the infection).. i do not believe there was a 7 day horde back then... i am in 7dtd right now on a1.1 i just about to go into day 9 and still havent seen a 7 day horde. FYI i am hoping from roof to roof and the SOBs keep tearing the houses down. damn they were loud back then.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    if i am not mistaken (and i was told this or seen it on an old video maybe) so no its not an official statement, the name 7 days to die came from how long it took for the infection to kill the player if a cure wasnt found (after the stages got to day 7 thats when you died but i never died from the infection).. i do not believe there was a 7 day horde back then... i am in 7dtd right now on a1.1 i just about to go into day 9 and still havent seen a 7 day horde. FYI i am hoping from roof to roof and the SOBs keep tearing the houses down. damn they were loud back then.
    I'm on Linux and can't seem to go back further than version 8.8.

nope Maharin you cant, this was saved from a long time ago... you didnt even go through steam with it.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by fragtzack View Post
    OMG yes, please make random Blood Moon occurrences instead of a set schedule. Been saying this for over a year. AT least as an option on game start.

Set schedule blood moon is just so damn easy to manage.

Maybe the very first blood moon can be on the 7th day to stay in touch with the game name and give new survivors a chance, but after the 7th day...the game is on for CHAOS!
    In multiplayer public servers, there are always new players. Meaning somebody could jump in on day 351 and get blood moon 2 nights in a row. Because some servers are on day 1800 or more, resources are super scarce and it could take 2 weeks or more for a new player to get set up.

So every 7 days for me. Or individual blood moons based on game stage, meaning if you want more blood moons, stay next to your team and you would get them 2x as often or more depending on team size and days each member has played. Also meaning if you join a multiplayer you would not see a blood moon until your 7th day of playing as long as you stay away from other people, giving you time to get somewhat set up.

Blood hordes get redundantly annoying after a while.

I voted for random and less often. Either of those options would be more fun, in my opinion, than the weekly cycle. For random I would prefer anywhere from 7-14 days after the previous one as I do feel less often is better than more often.

Also, a separate Horde Mode with the nightly blood moons would be fun as a separate arena style minigame that is balanced as its own entity and not just a settings change that you try to achieve by changing the the base game settings.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    This is what I hoped in that they would base it off of the infection. If they want to keep it with every 7days the bloodmoon horde appears, I hope they will allow us to remove it in some form. Even if it means us being able to set a new number of days but more so of being able to set a range and that be randomized like in the post below.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I voted for random and less often. Either of those options would be more fun, in my opinion, than the weekly cycle. For random I would prefer anywhere from 7-14 days after the previous one as I do feel less often is better than more often.

Also, a separate Horde Mode with the nightly blood moons would be fun as a separate arena style minigame that is balanced as its own entity and not just a settings change that you try to achieve by changing the the base game settings.