Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapon ,ammo and more ideas to come.

Scavenger
    but the thing is this shows there are ways to make it work, with more investment it can be made to work and streamlined.

Quote Originally Posted by Torroc View Post
    but the thing is this shows there are ways to make it work, with more investment it can be made to work and streamlined.
    With enough time and money anything can be done, don't expect to see this anytime soon though because it's been a known limitation for over 2 years.

Scavenger
    -rolls eyes- There are always ways around something, and with you being so dismissive of this it just an irritation, I get it you dont approve of this concept

-rolls eyes- There are always ways around something, and with you being so dismissive of this it just an irritation, I get it you dont approve of this concept
    I never said I disprove of it, I said it's a limitation which the devs have confirmed multiple times. I have no issue with it and the exact same idea has been mentioned in pimp dreams for years so your suggestion is hardly new.

There is at present no way for it to be done in any way that makes sense. Aka breaking down ammo into a quest and then self completing quest is not a realistic solution for the vanilla game. Hence why every mod uses the same sort of work around because there is no way in the framework to do it properly at present.

They'd have to change crafting to work properly which they've said is a low priority item and would be very complicated and might not ever be done. So it's stuck in the same limbo as the disappearing glass jars when you boil eggs or make corn bread.

Scavenger
    mmm well seems i will need to relie on valmod for that at the moment. SO what is your take on the ammo?

mmm well seems i will need to relie on valmod for that at the moment. SO what is your take on the ammo?
    I'm all for it, but it has to be done the correct way which is not possible at present. If anything it should be tied to skills to make ammo so if you know how to create a 9mm bullet then you can take it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian9824 View Post
    They'd have to change crafting to work properly which they've said is a low priority item and would be very complicated and might not ever be done. So it's stuck in the same limbo as the disappearing glass jars when you boil eggs or make corn bread.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    That looks like where I keep finding my missing socks. Only the left ones for some reason though....

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hmm, all this time I've been assuming we are making the cornbread in the jars. And then eating them glass and all. So presumably the glass goes to the same place as my (non-existant) turds.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian9824 View Post
    I'm all for it, but it has to be done the correct way which is not possible at present. If anything it should be tied to skills to make ammo so if you know how to create a 9mm bullet then you can take it apart.
    I was makeing a refrence to the ammo types i was pointing at not the takeing them appart at this point.

Scavenger
    New trap ideas.

rebar spikes- we all love wood spikes and log spikes, wood spikes for the higher alpha damage on zeds, and wood log spikes for the long lasting damage they provide, but what if there was an upgrade for the wooden spikes, log spikes can go up to steel spikes but wood spikes are something thats left in the dust when it comes to this, since we can create rebar frames in the fore, why not allow make rebar spikes, say they could last as long as a basic or even upgraded wood log spike, while still delivering the same damage of the wood spikes. I run both of these in my bases, the wooden spikes to soften up the first couple of waves and then the log spikes for the remainder of whats comeing my way, i would love to beable to use the smaller spikes a little bit more in some of the base ideas i have, but their staying power is nothing.

bear traps.- basicly idea, useing forged iron, and springs to create traps to imoblize a single zed untill you can kill him or he brakes his foot off in the trap to come crawling after you. yes i know we have barbed wire that slows down zeds and damages them and then would brake their legs with that, but this concept could allow it to be re armed afterwards for another use after it. maby becouse it is made out of forged iron is lasts much longer but only allowing for the one zed to be effected.
    Last edited by Torroc; 01-13-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Hunter
    why not a double barrel shotgun?

Refugee

Upgrades

I think that everything is fine as is but graphics and console updates need to be fixed first other games are laughing at how poor the textures and realistic feel is if your a true gamer immersion should be what is most important like a fighting system when surrounded by zombies they don't just beat you to death I love the game and I'm hooked on it but the realism is lacking

Scavenger
    i will not deny that graphics and console updates are important, but ill tell you this, i would rather poor textures and good game play, before over hyped graphics and crap gameplay any day of the week. I enjoy the game and honestly, Getting the basics down, getting the game were they want it frame work wise, and then giveing the graphics an overhall would be the best approach. becouse honistly there are people with in the pc master race who dont have the 1080 gtx of what ever bull ♥♥♥♥ card is the highest end card out there to play ultra high realistic grapics intensive games.

On the topic of Double barrel shotguns are concerned, its an intresting concept perhaps if it was in a larger gage then the 12 gage we are useing maby a 10 or 8 gage for hunting bears, maby useing the magnum rounds for the double barrel rather then the pump

New Trap idea.

electric floor panels. ok i love the idea of the eletric fence posts but it seems like a real hassle trying ot set them up for any really good defences most of the time i see people wireing them up through blocks and the like to protect the posts. why add or even replace the posts as we have them with eletric floor panels, pressure plate we can eletrify so when zombies walk over it they take damage like the they would with the fence post.

swinging pendulum - another eletric trap, we have the spinning blade trap perhaps something for a more vertical approach may also be in line the swinging pendulum could act similar to the spining blade trap swining back and forth taking up perhaps a 4Highx3Widex1Deep area. it could be slower so the use of more then one could be used to made a choke point of death

Scavenger
    New Firearms

M-series firearms -be it the legendary m16 or the stout m4, Americas service rifle has been around for a long time.fireing a smaller calibar then the Ak-series fire arms with are more commonly chambered in 7.62 the M-series rifles would need 5.56 ammo, advantages of the m-series was its stopping power reliability and ease of handling compared to the kick of the 7.62. it would make sence to see these fire arms on the army zombies or in military Poi's compared to its Russian counter part the ak.

sks - another legendary rifle from russia, a simiple and easy to manufacture rifle that there had millions of these rifles as surplus with are now on the public market for anyone who wishes to use this rifle. being chamged in 7.62 no ammo would need to be added but, holding more shots then the normal hunting rifle seven or eight compaired to one, it could be concidered to be an upgrade from the hunting rifle and a bridge between the hunting rifle and sniper rifles.

Winchester rifle- the rifle that one the west, something just dosnt seem right about haveing a 44. revovler with out haveing the level action Winchester rifle this rifle is an iconic rifle with comes a huge number of calibers but 44.mag dose seem to be a the most common caliber for it so with this being said it would not take any new ammo type but could hold upwards up to eight rounds and one in the chamber. this could be a rare drop in desert area or off cowboys

Hand grenades- yes we have pipe bombs, we have fire bombs but we do not have an effective counter part to them with could be military loot and trader loot only, f-1 or even the m-37, or the russian equivlient the RGD-5 could all fill a role of a portable explosive device with would allow for incressed explosive damage compaired to the pipe bomb while only being looted rather then craftable.

Dakota trap - a basic foot fall trap with downward pointing spikes, it is designed in such a way that if you were unfortunate enough to step down in to it, your leg would get ripped to bits by the sharp downward pointing spikes making it impossible to move unless the trap was carefully removed from around the foot, if this was used agenst zombies they would be slowed unable to move or they would rip their own foot off trying to aproch you.