Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Biomass Burner

  1. #1
    Hunter Linkhead2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Navezgane - Gravestown
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Biomass Burner

    Will we ever get something like a biomass burner? Eats through wood in no time

  2. #2
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    1
    for electricity or what? cause i doubt that... i feel like they dislike everything electricity related ...

    I mean why else does a generator only hold 1000 gasoline, when you could easily hook it up to other tanks in reallife?
    or why cant you create a cicuit that runs on gas AND solarpower connected to one batterybank?

    I think this is not gonna happen :-/

  3. #3
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,286
    Rep Power
    2
    Biomass burner? Like this?


  4. #4
    Inventor Siveria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    for electricity or what? cause i doubt that... i feel like they dislike everything electricity related ...

    I mean why else does a generator only hold 1000 gasoline, when you could easily hook it up to other tanks in reallife?
    or why cant you create a cicuit that runs on gas AND solarpower connected to one batterybank?

    I think this is not gonna happen :-/
    Wait you can't have both on one battery bank? so when the generator is off it charges them via solar? Thats kinda silly if you can't.

  5. #5
    Inventor Bimbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Republic Of Texas
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    1
    I thought a Campfire was a biomass burner.

    Or do you mean Processed Biomass... aka CHARCOAL ?

  6. #6
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    Wait you can't have both on one battery bank? so when the generator is off it charges them via solar? Thats kinda silly if you can't.
    nope. Electricity is completly broken. You cant, for example, draw power from two different sources.
    So if you have a solarbank that outputs 30w hooked up to a batterybank (full somehow) and you have traps outside needing >30w, then some traps wont work, even if the batterybank is capable of outputing >30w. As soon as its nighttime and the solarbank stops working, all the traps start to work again, since they now draw power from the batterybank.
    And these are not the only stupid things about it.
    I love the game, but electricity is absolutly abhorrent. You basically need 2-3 setups of electricity for your base.
    1: solarbank -> batterybank -> small alltime runners (light, switches and so on)
    2: solarbank -> batterybank -> (few) big alltime runners (electric fence, alarms, turrets hooked up to cameras)
    3: generator bank -> all other defences, only active when you activate them

    But this is not the topic of this thread so if you want to know more about electricity, PM me

  7. #7
    Reconstructionist Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    nope. Electricity is completly broken. You cant, for example, draw power from two different sources.
    So if you have a solarbank that outputs 30w hooked up to a batterybank (full somehow) and you have traps outside needing >30w, then some traps wont work, even if the batterybank is capable of outputing >30w. As soon as its nighttime and the solarbank stops working, all the traps start to work again, since they now draw power from the batterybank.
    And these are not the only stupid things about it.
    That problem is easily bypassed by including a switch between solar and battery bank.
    Turn the switch off when you want to use batteries during the day and turn it back on for when you need to recharge.

    You can also plug a singular solar bank to multiple battery banks to make it run for the whole night and recharge it all in the morning, that's what I've used on my previous game.

  8. #8
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    That problem is easily bypassed by including a switch between solar and battery bank.
    Turn the switch off when you want to use batteries during the day and turn it back on for when you need to recharge.

    You can also plug a singular solar bank to multiple battery banks to make it run for the whole night and recharge it all in the morning, that's what I've used on my previous game.
    But you then you cant charge your batterybank. At least not automatically. And this is the problem.
    I want a selfsufficient base, that will defend itself "forever" even if i dont log back in. And this is impossible. You always have to manually control electricity.

  9. #9
    Reconstructionist Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    But you then you cant charge your batterybank. At least not automatically. And this is the problem.
    I want a selfsufficient base, that will defend itself "forever" even if i dont log back in. And this is impossible. You always have to manually control electricity.
    Well, its not a pie you can have and eat.
    Its automated for the night time and for the day time you just have to be there or rely on something else. I personally like to also have security hubs plugged like that:

    Generator -> switch -> trigger(cameras, tripwires, pressure plates, whatever you prefer) -> traps

    Setup like that turns itself on and therefore uses gas only when there is something in actual range of traps and you need to refuel it extremely rarely as its setup to use gas only when its needed.

  10. #10
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0
    I really need to start using electricity, just have not taken the plunge yet

  11. #11
    Colony Founder Vedui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,035
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Well, its not a pie you can have and eat.
    Its automated for the night time and for the day time you just have to be there or rely on something else. I personally like to also have security hubs plugged like that:

    Generator -> switch -> trigger(cameras, tripwires, pressure plates, whatever you prefer) -> traps

    Setup like that turns itself on and therefore uses gas only when there is something in actual range of traps and you need to refuel it extremely rarely as its setup to use gas only when its needed.
    Yeah that's exactly how I have my base setup too. End up using fuel only for relays (1W) and tripwires (1W each) so a whole base full of trap can run on something like 40-50W only when traps are not triggered through the trip-wires. Putting the electric fences, dart traps and blade traps that way just reduces the passive draw so refueling the generator is a once every few days kind of thing instead of every day.

    Very effective

    /V - BUILD Electrocuting Dart Wall

  12. #12
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Clubhouse
    Posts
    3,233
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    But you then you cant charge your batterybank. At least not automatically. And this is the problem.
    I want a selfsufficient base, that will defend itself "forever" even if i dont log back in. And this is impossible. You always have to manually control electricity.
    If you are playing on a populated server this kind of setup can lag the crap out of it. Its probably why your idea isn't one that is implemented. Electricity still needs a LOT of work and solar energy can tank a server in no time if it is allowed to run continuously.

  13. #13
    Hunter Linkhead2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Navezgane - Gravestown
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    for electricity or what? cause i doubt that... i feel like they dislike everything electricity related ...

    I mean why else does a generator only hold 1000 gasoline, when you could easily hook it up to other tanks in reallife?
    or why cant you create a cicuit that runs on gas AND solarpower connected to one batterybank?

    I think this is not gonna happen :-/
    I dont think thats possible? I rememebr trying that xD

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Biomass burner? Like this?

    Little vague pic, I was talking about something that chews through wood and generates electricity. It makes wood a little more valuable when ur nearly at the end of the game

  14. #14
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,286
    Rep Power
    2
    What's vague?
    Marshmellows clearly are biomass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •