Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 146

Thread: I am sad that the Pimps seem so against adding new weapons

  1. #31
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    8,000
    Rep Power
    2
    Guppy was talking about skins, though, not meshes.

  2. #32
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    18,339
    Rep Power
    1
    Ooh yeh, fair point. =)

  3. #33
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    All I want is a spear, dammit. There's no reason someone with a melee weapon and room to maneuver should ever be inside the reach of a zombie.

  4. #34
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    0
    we really don't need to add more weapons, we need to take advantage of the workshop. even after the game is released new and exciting content will always be created

  5. #35
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0
    The problem with this type of game is that it appeals to a lot of very different players, and some of them get it into their heads that their way is the only way of playing it. Hence people saying that we don't need more weapons - you may not use them much for your style of play, but that doesn't mean it's the only way of playing or enjoying the game.

    Not everyone is a busy builder bee who wants to make a giant base and hardly ever fight. There are a lot of people who play nomadically and spend most of their time killing zombies and finding loot - they don't care about paint or block types, they just want to kill stuff. Those are the people who the weapon and loot variety would be targetting. There are a lot of people who think the game needs way more weapons because finding and using weapons is our primary source of enjoyment.

    One thing I do agree with is that the guns and weapons need to be scarce and rare. Finding one intact should be a "wow freakin sweet" moment.

  6. #36
    Survivor DragonFyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geengaween View Post
    The problem with this type of game is that it appeals to a lot of very different players, and some of them get it into their heads that their way is the only way of playing it. Hence people saying that we don't need more weapons - you may not use them much for your style of play, but that doesn't mean it's the only way of playing or enjoying the game.
    Here's the problem with what you're saying....

    You are using the statement that people from other games want to play this game "their way" because that's the "only way", and because of that we "need" more weapons.
    Playing nomad doesn't require 20 different guns. In fact, having such a wide variety impairs the nomad game play style. (I know, I play nomad a lot. Inventory space is prime real estate.) What would be better for nomad is hardly any guns at all. Pistol, shotgun, and a 30-30 are all that's needed. Ammo and parts should indeed be rare. Add rare atachments for versatility.

    Which bring the point, they don't "need them" they just "want them so they can play their cookie-cutter way of playing" like they have in just about every CoD or Battlefield-type game out there.


    So basically, your saying that more weapons are needed because people want to play however they want, and don't give a ♥♥♥♥ what the developers think about the core aspect of their game.

    That my friend, is what modding is for.

  7. #37
    Inventor Bimbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Republic Of Texas
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    1
    Why are we worrying about the Skins & Models microtransaction LOOT CRATES now,
    shouldnt that stuff wait til the game gets released?

    If the game added Buffalo, then I would say we would need a craftable 54cal Bufflogun,
    but since we only have feral zombies & bears I guess maybe we dont need a 54cal shoulder canon
    Last edited by Bimbie; 01-14-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: "buffalo" dont end with w

  8. #38
    Inventor Cadamier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Winnetka, CA
    Posts
    836
    Rep Power
    1
    Well - how many weapons do we have? Not many...
    How many guns do we have? Not many...

    Options is one of the keys! With many options on many things can put this game 'on the map' so to speak. Think about other 'big games' for a minute. You should notice that some things in some games are basically the same as other items but 'they look better' from one person to the next. Albeit the 'settings' of those things differ a bit from whats already there! Some of those 'better looking things' you can only obtain from micro-transactions. Can you say Dungeons & Dragons Online? My wife for example - within 7D2D always wants the purple T-Shirt! Because to her and one of the other 'girls' in our group it look the best out of all other t-shirts. She likes it with the "business outfit" because it is the best looking outfit she can get from this game. Functionality, settings, etc do not matter in the least! In DDO she gets what she sees as the 'best looking outfit!' No matter the cost.

    That is only part of the reason why I say that 'adding' some more items to the game with a functioning 'subsystem' already in place is fairly easy. Sure - it'll take more storage space, but optimizing how the game performs with more stuff is critical. Now from what little bit I understand of the new weapons system - when its functional - adding more options for people like my wife for instance isn't much of a problem. But the new weapons system is probably 'redesigned' to optimize the ability for the game to work better, smoother and hopefully with more options to be added later.

  9. #39
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFyre View Post
    Which bring the point, they don't "need them" they just "want them so they can play their cookie-cutter way of playing" like they have in just about every CoD or Battlefield-type game out there.
    It's a zombie game. There are zombies. You're supposed to kill them. It's supposed to be fun to kill them. Why shouldn't there be a lot of weapons to kill them with?

    You don't "need" 100 different types of blocks but it sure makes the game more fun when you can build your base the way you like it. I don't "need" heaps of variety in guns but would make the game a lot more fun when I explore a ruin and find a old Vietnam war era carbine or a micro uzi or a civil war saber.

    It's treasure that you can use and have fun with. Like a magic sword in Skyrim, except you shoot zombies with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFyre View Post
    So basically, your saying that more weapons are needed because people want to play however they want, and don't give a ♥♥♥♥ what the developers think about the core aspect of their game.
    What is the core aspect of the game? From what I can see, it's about looting, since that's what you spend a massive chunk of your time doing. So it makes sense to make sure all kinds of loot are very diverse, including the most important kinds like weapons. They've already got a ton of different clothing and armors and they're planning on adding more. IMO weapons should be included in the variety bonanza.

    It's also about exploring the world to find materials to build a fortress to defend against zombies. It's extremely open ended and fulfils the enjoyment of a lot of very different types of players, including PvPers, explorers, collectors, and builders. What exactly about that doesn't fit with a wide variety of weapons? The devs have designed a game that many radically different people can enjoy, why not try to maximize the enjoyment of all those types?
    Last edited by geengaween; 01-13-2018 at 07:16 PM.

  10. #40
    Colony Founder Siveria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wohnzimmer View Post
    I want nothing more than suppressors, atleast for the pistol. Come on, how great would it be to sneak around and headshot zeds with a juicy silenced gun..
    Get valmod the expansion version, it had a weapos silencer than can be used on any gun except the blunderbus and shotguns, for shotguns there is a choke for the long barrel one, that allows you to head shot at a moderate distance with it and have all the pellets hit.

    As for your comment on the pistol, I'd like them to first fix the pistol/smg's damage, there is no reason why its lower than a bow made out of sticks and plant twine, not to mention the pistols range is effing pathethic.

  11. #41
    Reconstructionist Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixLightfoot View Post
    All I want is a spear, dammit. There's no reason someone with a melee weapon and room to maneuver should ever be inside the reach of a zombie.
    Unless you're playing a game where you aren't supposed to be out of enemies reach when you use a melee weapon.

  12. #42
    Colony Founder Siveria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I don't get why an items skin is important to people. Don't get me wrong, I respect the desire for it, but it's just not for me. Sure it's cute, but beyond that I'm only worried about the practical aspects, which it sounds like mods will deal with.
    You sound like me, I am more about effectiveness than how stuff looks. There are alot of vain people out there though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by geengaween View Post
    The problem with this type of game is that it appeals to a lot of very different players, and some of them get it into their heads that their way is the only way of playing it. Hence people saying that we don't need more weapons - you may not use them much for your style of play, but that doesn't mean it's the only way of playing or enjoying the game.

    Not everyone is a busy builder bee who wants to make a giant base and hardly ever fight. There are a lot of people who play nomadically and spend most of their time killing zombies and finding loot - they don't care about paint or block types, they just want to kill stuff. Those are the people who the weapon and loot variety would be targetting. There are a lot of people who think the game needs way more weapons because finding and using weapons is our primary source of enjoyment.

    One thing I do agree with is that the guns and weapons need to be scarce and rare. Finding one intact should be a "wow freakin sweet" moment.
    I agree, and whats up with all the pistols and ammo inside of toilets anyway? is that some sort of inside joke or something? I find over half my intact pistols in toilets in the game. The freaking sweet moment though in A17 is finding an awesome weapon mod, since the mods quality also effects how much it changes stats.

  13. #43
    Colony Founder Siveria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Unless you're playing a game where you aren't supposed to be out of enemies reach when you use a melee weapon.
    Actually with most of the melee weapons you are able to hit them out of their range. Even the cheapo wooden club can do it. But I agree we need spears, as if I was in that situation I'd not be using a knife to kill zombies I'd want reach.

  14. #44
    Community Moderator OzHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,616
    Rep Power
    1
    I'd be all for a new weapon if it did something not covered by any of the current ones. Otherwise, it's just a "skin" really, and cosmetic changes should be (imho) a low priority I think.

  15. #45
    Inventor Bimbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Republic Of Texas
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    1
    Remington site has 28 named model variants for the 870 Pump Shotgun,
    that list does NOT include models with barrels sawnt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •