Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give me a mining helmet!!

Scavenger

Give me a mining helmet!!

Has the locations of mining helments changed in the game or something? I'm located in a town and everything is perfect apart from I just can't find a mining helment

What are the most common locations you've found a helment?

Scavenger
    I don't believe I've found a single one this play through. All you need is a flashlight, football helmet, 5 duct tape, 8 electrical parts and 4 scrap plastic parts. Head to a trader or gas station with a workbench and git er dun!

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by jackleroy View Post
    I don't believe I've found a single one this play through. All you need is a flashlight, football helmet, 5 duct tape, 8 electrical parts and 4 scrap plastic parts. Head to a trader or gas station with a workbench and git er dun!
    You genius! Do all traders and gas stations have a workbench? and if at the gas station, I can use a wench to dismantle it and it'll be in my inventory, correct?

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdroid View Post
    You genius! Do all traders and gas stations have a workbench? and if at the gas station, I can use a wench to dismantle it and it'll be in my inventory, correct?
    No, not all of them have one. If you're in Navezgane, then just to narrow it down, the trader in the snow biome DOES NOT have one. Don't quote me, but if I had to guess based on memories, the one in the burnt forrest and the one to the northeast of that one may have them.

I know that you used to be able to wrench them down from a gas station and I'm pretty sure I've seen people talking about doing it recently. I don't believe a trader's will be destructable.

Colony Founder
    ya. traders sell them also

Colony Founder
    I've found several in cars in my current game. Previous game though, I didn't find any for ages - I'd build my own instead.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Damselx1 View Post
    I've found several in cars...
    me too, cars seem to be the best place to find them.

Survivor
    Every time I go to the hospital, I find a mining helmet in one of the clothes containers... And yes, you can wrench down any workbench you find at a pass n gas, and any chem stations at the pop n pills...

Hunter
    My best luck with mining helmets seems to be from lockers. Only ever found one in a car, but they can be found there. Good luck!

Zombie Hunter
    Inside the blackness of my skull, uh where is the way out?
    Cars, lockers working stiff crates rarely but possible

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    I almost always have one by day 14 just looking in cars. Seems like I find them in cars about 98% of the time.

Tracker
    I have one by day three. Day 3 is when I start going out to loot. First 2 days I get wood,stone, feathers and plant fibers.

My best luck finding them is in a car. Now if you make one you'll find them all over the place

Zombie Hunter
    Had to make both of ours this play through. And now, 3 game days after making them, I still haven't found one. It is what it is. I'm sure now that I'm not really looking for them, I'll come across a few, but I have searched the school, and the football stadium once already, and nothing. Thought for sure I would find one there.

Scavenger
    You have to loot multiple cars, but it's there. Usually after 15-20 cars I'll find one.

Refugee
    Cars are the only place you will find them I think. Keep looting cars and you will get one.