Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build snap on grass

Refugee

Lightbulb Build snap on grass

Dear devs,

I have played your game for about 1691 hours as of now and I must say that I still absolutely LOVE this game as it's the only one of it's kind
    The new build snap improvement is great in use, but I have 1 quality of life improvement suggestion for our sanity regarding it:
    Could you please remove the build box from grass?

Building anything while walking backwards keeps popping the block ontop of the grass and the placed block falls and gets destroyed.
    I have no problem with losing materials, but you have to stop what you are doing, walk back, fill the spot with a little bit of snapping issues (especially on hilly terrain) and then go back to what you were doing for a few blocks untill hitting a patch of grass and it happens again...

I imagine this would be a 2 minute fix, but no "grass hopping" would save many player's sanity when doing yard work.
    Would you be willing to please make this change for A17 release, please?

Best regards

This is very annoying and has been brought up multiple times. I've taken to just clearing the grass off the entire area I'm building on before I begin construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    This is very annoying and has been brought up multiple times. I've taken to just clearing the grass off the entire area I'm building on before I begin construction.
    This is pretty much what I do as well, I clear the area first. There was a mod that used the garden hoe model and it'd shoot a projectile that would clear a 5x5 block area of grass per use, I think it used stones for ammo. Been trying to find it because I am sick of how thick the damn grass is its way to tall and makes it hard to see stuff, not to mention its not "click-thru" so it'll block anything behind it.

Refugee
    I do use the frame flattening/grass aswel, but when you're doing bigger stuff it just becomes undoable while it's built layers on layers to create a hill over an existing compound.

Besides, never hurts to ask again nicely, maybe they'll figure it out how to implement an "ignore grass while holding build block" feature

Someone needs to invent a garden gnome that wanders around and eats grass.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Ohhh.. Found one!

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Ohhh.. Found one!

What about this one? He's a gardener:

What about this one? He's a gardener:

I think he prefers Potatoes.

Yep, I use frames to get rid of the grass and flatten things out. I dont know who was the person who thought that one up, maybe around A10-A11 I heard someone say it.

We surely could use scythe in the game.
    It could double as a slow but reliable limb remover

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Yep, I use frames to get rid of the grass and flatten things out. I dont know who was the person who thought that one up, maybe around A10-A11 I heard someone say it.
    been around for a long time... i use it to flatten/smooth out irregularities with terrain bumps/ridges too. (the small weird ones not hills)

Refugee
    While I agree with OP that can be annoying, I would rather grass be easier to remove so I not almost breaking the ground with a lot of swings it sometimes takes to remove grass lol

Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    This is pretty much what I do as well, I clear the area first. There was a mod that used the garden hoe model and it'd shoot a projectile that would clear a 5x5 block area of grass per use, I think it used stones for ammo. Been trying to find it because I am sick of how thick the damn grass is its way to tall and makes it hard to see stuff, not to mention its not "click-thru" so it'll block anything behind it.
    that was my grassitron, propbably still works

alternatively my admin nailgun has a grass bomb ammo option for just this purpose Just dont get the rocket and grass bombs mixe dup

Scavenger
    Early game, punch grass, although when I get tired of that I do use frames to clear my build area.

Late game 2x machete blades, an iron pipe and a set of handlebars, wala, primative lawn mower that you equip and walk over the grass you want to destroy.

Nomad
    I am a grass puncher also, I find it is the most efficient way to clear grassy areas and don't waste tools, and is faster than tools. I save my tools for rocks and trees when clearing areas.