Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Underground safety

Refugee
    As a player that loves to make underground tunnels with various traps, it really sucks that the zombies cant find find their way down to me.

I can have a huge entrance into a tunnel, and if I stand 50 m from that entrance they cant find the entrance. They just stand on the ground right over me.
    Last edited by Bolliz; 02-18-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolliz View Post
    As a player that loves to make underground tunnels with various traps, it really sucks that the zombies cant find find their way down to me.

I can have a huge entrance into a tunnel, and if I stand 50 m from that entrance they cant find the entrance. They just stand on the ground right over me.
    Hopefully a fully functioning breadcrumb system, when we get it, will fix this. The zombies will, more or less, simply follow the same trail into your base that you did, by following the invisible breadcrumbs you leave as you go.

Of course, no matter how TFP does it, I expect that the community will quickly figure out a way to game it, so that the zombies get lost, stuck or killed, but without deliberate gaming it should prevent zombies from being quite so easily defeated.

Breadcrumbs:
    Players will walk a large circle around the base to pickup incoming from all any direction 'onto breadcrumbs',
    then walk backwards to the base leaving one line of woodspikes as they go
    and every zombie will ignore all the open approaches
    as they follow the breadcrumbs over the spikes you placed in that one line

Dont need traps all over the base:
    Just trap where you left breadcrumbs and leave the rest unguarded