Thread: Character lost on Steam Version at Lv 114 day 71 on Mp mode Alpha 16.4

Character lost on Steam Version at Lv 114 day 71 on Mp mode Alpha 16.4

I don't know what happened but I was Lv 114 and all of a sudden my internet went down the game froze and when my internet came back up I was in the middle of know where with a Lv 0 Character I lost everything on my character but every thing in my base was fine. I lost all my perks to my Character and it was like I started all over. so I destroyed my file and did start over cause I did not want to use cheats to get all my skills back. I've read around and see others have had the same issue I pray this gets fixed or if the fun pimp could add a save game button in game or allow the game in SP/MP do saves and keep a few on hand as a role back. I love this game so I'm in no way trying to give it a bad rep this game rocks, but the being able to save would rock even more so you don't lose every thing.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermo View Post
    I don't know what happened but I was Lv 114 and all of a sudden my internet went down the game froze and when my internet came back up I was in the middle of know where with a Lv 0 Character I lost everything on my character but every thing in my base was fine. I lost all my perks to my Character and it was like I started all over. so I destroyed my file and did start over cause I did not want to use cheats to get all my skills back. I've read around and see others have had the same issue I pray this gets fixed or if the fun pimp could add a save game button in game or allow the game in SP/MP do saves and keep a few on hand as a role back. I love this game so I'm in no way trying to give it a bad rep this game rocks, but the being able to save would rock even more so you don't lose every thing.
    I had a server crash (laptop became unplugged) there were two people playing on the dedicated server at the time. the players and the world were reset to level 1 day 1 .. I managed to fix the two players by going into player saves. find the steam id for the player. there are three files for each player a world file.. and a (steamID).tpp and a (steamID).tpp.bak. I deleted the steamID.tpp and renamed steamID.tpp.bak to steamID.tpp. this restored both players to where they were before the server crashed. these player save files were under:c:userslogon name):appdata:roaming:7daystodie:saves: the filenames do not use your friends nicknames rather it uses their steam id's. you can find out someone's steam id from the 7daystodie console lp(list players) After a crash they probably should not allow a normal "save" if their character is corrupted because it might over write the last good save with an after crash save. myself I end process of server (not a normal exit) then restore those files if corruption is noted. I do not want the server to do a normal "save" and overwrite those .bak files with corrupted data. Don't mess with the world file