Thread: My skills are bugged out.

Refugee

My skills are bugged out.

So, I've been looking all around for a fix and none of them have seemed to help. Not sure if I'm being dumb or my game is generally glitched.

When I try to purcahse the perk, "Steel Smithing," it says that the requirements are not met, however I have all the necessary skill points needed and all 3 of the requirements maxed out. I've tried using the console command, "Giveselfskillxp Steel Smithing 1," but it just makes the skill cost go to the minus. It is currently at -660 and nothing I have tried will work.

This is the exact same thing with my shotgun shell crafting, just hoping to find a fix for this as they're some key items that I need. Hope I'm not just being dumb.

Reconstructionist
    When you say that you have all the requirements, does that mean that your tool-smithing skill is at 6, or does the entry for tool-smithing say 6 and the entire description is greyed out? Do all lines for requirements in Steel Smithing show as white or are some grey?

Because if it's not a bug, it's probably a misunderstanding of the dorky way the skill screens are programmed. If your Tool Smithing says 6 and it's all greyed out, it means you have rank 5 and it's showing you what the benefits of rank 6 are by default. If you find the arrows next to the skill rank under the description on the right said, click the left arrow and it should show a white description, meaning that is a rank you already have.

But I could have guessed wrong and you really do have a bug, in which case you should post logs and screenshots as explained in the sticky threads here in the Bug Reports section.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    When you say that you have all the requirements, does that mean that your tool-smithing skill is at 6, or does the entry for tool-smithing say 6 and the entire description is greyed out? Do all lines for requirements in Steel Smithing show as white or are some grey?

Because if it's not a bug, it's probably a misunderstanding of the dorky way the skill screens are programmed. If your Tool Smithing says 6 and it's all greyed out, it means you have rank 5 and it's showing you what the benefits of rank 6 are by default. If you find the arrows next to the skill rank under the description on the right said, click the left arrow and it should show a white description, meaning that is a rank you already have.

But I could have guessed wrong and you really do have a bug, in which case you should post logs and screenshots as explained in the sticky threads here in the Bug Reports section.
    All requirements light up white, I currently have Tool Smithing 10, Weapon smithing 10 and Science 9, however requirements are still not met and the cost -600

Refugee
    Skill price is even further in the minus now.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    This.

Refugee
    Im unsure where I'd find the logs from, but here's what I'm Getting.
    Skill Glitch.jpg

It's not my amount of skill points either, as I recently had 60+.

Did you mod your files at all?

I've seen this before when a skill had a requirement that got removed, and the skill was left in a locked state even tho all the requirements are met.

The only way to fix it is to edit the player file, either with a hex editor, or with my api mod, which lets you set the skill level and will unlock a locked skill. (requires a dedi server and player to be offline)

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    Did you mod your files at all?

I've seen this before when a skill had a requirement that got removed, and the skill was left in a locked state even tho all the requirements are met.

The only way to fix it is to edit the player file, either with a hex editor, or with my api mod, which lets you set the skill level and will unlock a locked skill. (requires a dedi server and player to be offline)
    Okay, currently hosting off my pc, so ill try editing the file, thanks.