Page 265 of 294 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4396

Thread: Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

Sorcery isn't updated for A18

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    Sorcery isn't updated for A18
    Ohhhhh well that explains it. Thank you for letting me know!

I got confused because the mod profile says Alpha 18 Modlets and it showed up

df_sorc.jpg
    Last edited by Zorak90; 01-07-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Refugee
    Needs Weapon Crafting 2 for level 1 of the Bow Crafting perk, Weapon Crafting 3 for level 2 of the perk. It SHOULD say that in the level descriptions... in theory.
    Right now it says that Bow 1 requires Weapons 1 and Bows 2 - Weapons 2.

As for read from toolbelt, I don't think that's necessary as of A18, but it was in A17. I mean, you can try from backpack. If it works, great. If it doesn't work (which is what used to happen, it just didn't read the book and you still had it), then stick it on your toolbelt.
    Oh. Good thx. I was able to read some recipes from backpack in early game but I didn't remember what those were and I was afraid that I've simply lost them without gaining any skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak90 View Post
    Ohhhhh well that explains it. Thank you for letting me know!

I got confused because the mod profile says Alpha 18 Modlets and it showed up

df_sorc.jpg
    Unfortunately not. I believe there's a bug in vanilla delaying release.

The A17.4 version of DF and sorcery work though AND you don't need to do the manual localization patch for it cos I was using sphereii's patch that automatically adds it.

Quote Originally Posted by erikem View Post
    Right now it says that Bow 1 requires Weapons 1 and Bows 2 - Weapons 2.

Oh. Good thx. I was able to read some recipes from backpack in early game but I didn't remember what those were and I was afraid that I've simply lost them without gaining any skills.
    Whoops. I screwed up then by the sounds of it. Will check localization and edit accordingly. Thanks for the heads up

EDIT: Yep, localization derp. Should be Weapon Crafting 2 and Weapon Crafting 3. Fixed for next version!
    Last edited by KhaineGB; 01-07-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Refugee
    Running in to some issues with the EVE quests (The Test quest). I seem to remember reading about her quests, but cannot find it again. So here is what I am running into.:
    1st off I am using the DF small #4 map. So far I have found 4 different EVEs (all have same name and give the same 1st quest), When I complete the quest, it says to Talk to a Trader and give yellow "!" at the location Eve gave the quest. When I get to the "!", the quests "clicks" but there is nothing around. I track sown Eve and she offers me a quest completion reward that I have to select the item. (just like the traders do) But I cannot select any reward and only way to get out of that screen is to tab out. Quest is still in Quest book but will not let me complete it. So deleted that quest and tried it again. Rinse and Repeat. Same results with all 4 different Eves.

I have a potential fix for that in testing right now. No idea why it causes it because it worked FINE before I pushed the stable build... but we're definitely working on it.

I got a strange issue. Just downloaded and installed a fresh version of DF through the mod launcher, and I have no textures in the main menu frames. ( Is the None experimental version functioning, or maybe it is something else ? )

Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Marinxar; 01-08-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Refugee
    At the moment, what's the difference between stable and exp version? Which version should I be running? I'm using exp and it is so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Marinxar View Post
    I got a strange issue. Just downloaded and installed a fresh version of DF through the mod launcher, and I have no textures in the main menu frames. ( Is the None experimental version functioning, or maybe it is something else ? )

Spoiler: 
    Launcher installed it to A18.3 instead of A18.2. Needs to be on A18.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
    At the moment, what's the difference between stable and exp version? Which version should I be running? I'm using exp and it is so much fun
    Experimental version isn't used atm. Stable version is just experimental with a couple of extra fixes.

Refugee
    I have been unable to figure out how to unlock Technological Improvements. I thought by making the Future Technology book would unlock it. What is it that I must do? Thank you.

Once you've read the future tech book, that unlocks the future crafting perk.

Keep levelling that up and read the descriptions. It unlocks "shots" that you then use to unlock the OTHER perks.

Refugee
    It seems even though you unlock the Master Security perk, you still cannot craft the M4A1. Is this a bug or a fault on my part?

Refugee

Keep levelling that up and read the descriptions. It unlocks "shots" that you then use to unlock the OTHER perks.
    And how you suppose to craft that technology stuff? I take 2 lvl tech and can't craft anything. Because tech forge is made from elements which made in this forge. Emm?

Refugee

Thanks for the very quick reply. I neglected to say that after creating the future tech book that I cannot read it. The "Read <A>" is grayed out. I've nearly maxed out in most of the perks, skills and all classes. Not sure if any of those are linked to allowing me to read the book. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxel View Post
    And how you suppose to craft that technology stuff? I take 2 lvl tech and can't craft anything. Because tech forge is made from elements which made in this forge. Emm?
    By finding the fusion forge and laser workbench in the big bunker in the wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by Windman View Post
    Thanks for the very quick reply. I neglected to say that after creating the future tech book that I cannot read it. The "Read <A>" is grayed out. I've nearly maxed out in most of the perks, skills and all classes. Not sure if any of those are linked to allowing me to read the book. Thanks again.
    May need to be read from the toolbelt (put it on your toolbelt, scroll to it so it's selected and you're holding it, left click)