Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    Thanks for answering that, because I honestly had no idea on how getting mods added to the mod launcher actually works.
    Message Sphereii. I am sure he will help you out. The Launcher is his pet project right now, I believe.

Thanks for answering that, because I honestly had no idea on how getting mods added to the mod launcher actually works.
    Congrats on your release.

In order to get into the Mod Launcher, we need a direct link to the zip file, and that link can't change if you update your zip file Usually I suggest GitHub for this.

Right, I shall look into that a little later then. Looks like I have stuff I need to patch and get working first.

Right, I shall look into that a little later then. Looks like I have stuff I need to patch and get working first.
    Thanks!, yea if its added to the launcher the patching process for everyone playing it is a lot more simple as well, also will get many more folks to actually try it cause i know there are people who will wait for the mod to be on the launcher before they try it.

Interesting! But I've just started WotW. Definitely have to check it out afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadamier View Post
    Interesting! But I've just started WotW. Definitely have to check it out afterwards!
    Not gonna lie, I was totally playing the new WotW while I worked on this.

Mod updated and first post updated with the new link.

• Changed skill points to 5 per level. Still lower than vanilla, but I felt 4 might be too slow. Feedback on that would be great.
    • Bandit's with guns are now rarer. All bandits are slower but have more HP. So you should hear the ones with melee weapons BEFORE they hit you. If they do hit you, then you have the speed advantage.
    • Rewarding the "Blank Class Paper" should now work. I had the quest set to reward it AFTER completion, rather than as part of the completion stage. Tested it for a few hours and found it occasionally didn't grant the item. That's now been changed so you get it before the quest finishes and this appears to work flawlessly.

Make sure you have inventory slots when completing quests. If your toolbar and bag are full, you won't get the rewards. Yes, that includes the class paper.

Going to sort out a github link later tonight. Never used this before so it may take a while.

Okay, I -think- this should work for github? If someone can test and let me know, I would massively appreciate it.

https://github.com/KhaineGB/Darkness...ive/master.zip

Omce I know it works. I'll edit the main post to point to this instead.

Okay, I -think- this should work for github? If someone can test and let me know, I would massively appreciate it.

https://github.com/KhaineGB/Darkness...ive/master.zip

Omce I know it works. I'll edit the main post to point to this instead.
    Clicked -> Direct download started -> thumbs up

Cheers

Fantastic! Thank you

Fantastic! Thank you
    I can definitely turn it on in the Mod Launcher. I have the config created for it. I would recommend creating a Data/UMATextures/ folder, with at least one texture in it. This will save people from getting a red error on start up, and speed up their start up times after the first load.

Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    I can definitely turn it on in the Mod Launcher. I have the config created for it. I would recommend creating a Data/UMATextures/ folder, with at least one texture in it. This will save people from getting a red error on start up, and speed up their start up times after the first load.
    Done! Thank you for the tip. I did originally plan to upload all of the textures, but I found out that increased the mod size to 1GB when I was transferring it between PC's here.

Ok, will look into the bandit spawning. They're being a bit of a pain right now, because I already lowered their probability once, and then lowered it even more for the gun ones.

When you get to the trader, you should get a class book in your inventory, so make sure you have room.
    I had nothing in my inventory, only bottled water and the claimblock, but its ok, got it other wise

Quote Originally Posted by Baobab View Post
    I had nothing in my inventory, only bottled water and the claimblock, but its ok, got it other wise
    I had that after I did some testing today. Changing when it's rewarded seems to have flixed it, so thank you for telling me.

Main posted updated with a 45-slot BBM version. Minibike also had it's storage increased to 45 slots, and I increased the size of the container for the dropped player backpack so you won't lose items.

Minibike and backpack retain items if you log out and back in. I cannot guarantee a dropped backpack will, so get your stuff before you log out if you die!