Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [02/08] Message from the Team

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares GodOWar View Post
    PC is getting A17 soon are we going to at least get upto A15 maybe a little of A16 mixed in ?

I figure we are about a year to a year and a half behind PC
    Consoles are on alpha 15 now. The only thing important were missing from 15 is the new zombies (punk zombie, stripper etc

Awesome news!! In another thread, this is exactly what we asked for & it was received.
    Can't wait for the update.....COME ON STRIPPER ZOMBIE!!!!

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw_187 View Post
    Awesome news!! In another thread, this is exactly what we asked for & it was received.
    Can't wait for the update.....COME ON STRIPPER ZOMBIE!!!!
    I can't wait for big momma (hungry zombie)

Refugee
    Iím hoping for electricity and more zombies! That to me would be very large.

New content is all much appreciated. BUT. The bigger issue is broken AI. Zombies running in a circles, always falling on there backs. If they just fixed the AI Iíd be really happy.
    Please donít give us the broken sleepers of A16.
    Wait too long and PubG,State of decay 2(Xbox) Day Z , the forest, Red dead 2 will steal the spotlight. Donít get me wrong I enjoy 7 days to die. But itís In need of a lot of polish. And I donít mean it has to look like fallout 4. I absolutely love games like ďthe long darkĒ
    Still looking forward to this big update. Really hoping this next update brings a ton of new things to pull me back into 7 days to die.

Refugee
    Excellent keep up the good work fun pimps thank u for ur continued work for the experience of the game and would love to see what u bring to us in the next update and thank u Claire for keeping us updated

Tracker
    We're missing a lot more than just zombies... but the console can only handle so much.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoringmywife1 View Post
    We're missing a lot more than just zombies... but the console can only handle so much.
    What alpha 15 stuff we miss8ng?

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to guess this big update later this year will be alpha 16 with wire tools and sleepers etc from 16

Refugee
    I feel like a portion of why we cant get some of the new stuff, or why were struggling with the power of the consoles, is because we refuse to optimize. We're so worried about adding new content that we cant just make the existing content function properly.

Edit: I know that this isnt the console team's problem, they're trying to keep it as true to PC as possible. So dont take this the wrong way. I appreciate every bit of work that you guys do.
    Last edited by Kaotix; 02-10-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Refugee
    I'm sure that Claire will tell us more when they have finalised what will be added - no need to bug her until then. That said, I'm actually gonna be patient and wait (hopes that his base will actually be finished and will have managed to get past day 40 this time)

Tracker
    Yeah me too. But when alpha 17 is getting close thatís when we should start asking for more info from Claire since imma assuming console update will launch right around alpha 17 for pc that way it keeps console happyish since pc has new stuff Thatís what happened last time for alpha 16.

Quote Originally Posted by legibleplanet07 View Post
    thanx for the update but i would love to see the ability to download mods for 7d2d like the way that fallout 4 or fs17 have so we can find the mod we want and down load it so we have something to do besides the same thing over and over and over again while waiting for them to update the game with more than just hot fixes i get so excited when i see an update for 7d2d so jump on here to the forums as fast as i can to see its just a long list of fixes dont get me wrong i love that there trying to fix the game but instead of making 2 or 3 patches for hot fixes just make one big update for the hot fixes and and then maybe be able to start with content updates never the less thank you to you and the team for everything you have done and for everything you're doing
    Those aren't mods. those are coded for free for the developers and approved. it's free dlc, or in some cases, paid. Modding is free from developer interference, and isn't a thing on consoles. They use the term mods, pretty loosely to make ya have the warm fuzzies

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmad03 View Post
    Yeah me too. But when alpha 17 is getting close that’s when we should start asking for more info from Claire since imma assuming console update will launch right around alpha 17 for pc that way it keeps console happyish since pc has new stuff That’s what happened last time for alpha 16.
    Why would you assume that? They are completely separate development teams.

My guess would be that they're re-coding the client for Unity 2017 on the console, and we may get the rest of a15 here. Given the amount of work involved with that, there is no way to tell when it will come.

The summer update was on 6/27, and a16 was on 7/12. While close, I sincerely doubt that there was any real correlation.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Why would you assume that? They are completely separate development teams.

My guess would be that they're re-coding the client for Unity 2017 on the console, and we may get the rest of a15 here. Given the amount of work involved with that, there is no way to tell when it will come.

The summer update was on 6/27, and a16 was on 7/12. While close, I sincerely doubt that there was any real correlation.
    There is nothing left from alpha 15 that's important

Refugee

Awesome News

I'm glad the dev team keeps us informed, at least to some extent, as to what's going on. Most other game producers don't even bother. Thanks guys!