Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back after a long absence...wow!

Cool Back after a long absence...wow!

Yesterday I stumbled across one of GrandSpartan's videos and of course, it got me excited enough to peek back in on 7D2D.

I've been gone since early A15, so there were no vultures, snakes, electrical stuff. Cities were all square, and the Hub was always reliably at 0,0. You skilled up by spamcrafting things, and you had to be insane to park a minibike anywhere and walk away.

(rubs hands together in glee)

This is going to be like playing a whole new game, except for the screaming and running and praying for a Wrench under the sink.

Expect the usual posts asking about things that should be obvious to a competent player, in the near future.

Tracker
    Welcome back!!

The zombies laying around in buildings for decoration aren't really for decoration .

Quote Originally Posted by Pekiti View Post
    Yesterday I stumbled across one of GrandSpartan's videos and of course, it got me excited enough to peek back in on 7D2D.

I've been gone since early A15, so there were no vultures, snakes, electrical stuff. Cities were all square, and the Hub was always reliably at 0,0. You skilled up by spamcrafting things, and you had to be insane to park a minibike anywhere and walk away.

(rubs hands together in glee)

This is going to be like playing a whole new game, except for the screaming and running and praying for a Wrench under the sink.

Expect the usual posts asking about things that should be obvious to a competent player, in the near future.
    Welcome back! AHH!! So you too understand the power of the Wrench! No worries!

(/boggles at Washing Machines, and craters with Vault Doors in the side walls...)

Survivor
    No doubt about it, A16 brought the game to a new level.

The novelty still hasn't worn off

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSteelRain View Post
    The zombies laying around in buildings for decoration aren't really for decoration .
    They’re Interactive decorations like scratch n sniff wallpaper. Yup. Exactly like scratch n sniff wallpaper.

Welcome back... they always come back

I heard a rumor that dogs/wolves now dig downward? Is this true, or just someone trying to make my life even more nerve wracking than it already is?

Reconstructionist A Nice Cup of Tea's Avatar
    Only by accident. Sometimes when attacking the block in front of them they'll damage the one in front and underneath.

They don't deliberately dig down to you if there's nothing in front of them.

If you think A16 is whole new game, just wait for A17.

Tracker
    It's funny, i haven't played this game in probably almost a year. in my mind, i "completed" it because i managed to construct a base myself "properly" without using creative and managed to fight off the day 28 horde.

that's a big thing for me because i was never really very good at the game in the first place and often lost patience with it and resorted to creative to get myself out of some jams.

i do keep watching kage's videos here and there though so i haven't completely given up on it. i think if there was a more "gentle" mod for people like me - something akin to a walking dead scenario maybe, where you could set up somewhere and just go out on runs for stuff and tinker about with things without having to worry about any hordes or ferals e.t.c.. then i might come back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemFandango View Post
    It's funny, i haven't played this game in probably almost a year. in my mind, i "completed" it because i managed to construct a base myself "properly" without using creative and managed to fight off the day 28 horde.

that's a big thing for me because i was never really very good at the game in the first place and often lost patience with it and resorted to creative to get myself out of some jams.

i do keep watching kage's videos here and there though so i haven't completely given up on it. i think if there was a more "gentle" mod for people like me - something akin to a walking dead scenario maybe, where you could set up somewhere and just go out on runs for stuff and tinker about with things without having to worry about any hordes or ferals e.t.c.. then i might come back to it.
    Some day (much closer to release) they will add options to do things like removing the hordes. There's no reason not to other than the time it takes to add the option. But it may just be something they add to the XML and leave it up to modders.

Having had to reinstall the game fresh, I no longer have any mods for it. Is there a reliable mod that shows my current hunger/thirst level, without having to stop and open my inventory/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekiti View Post
    Having had to reinstall the game fresh, I no longer have any mods for it. Is there a reliable mod that shows my current hunger/thirst level, without having to stop and open my inventory/etc?
    A quick mod I've done is to go to the XUi folder and edit windows.xml. Edit the first <grid name="hud" section and replace the two <rect sections with these four:

Spoiler: 

Code:
                <rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina" visible="{statvisible}"> 
                    <sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced"/> 
                    <sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" /> 
                    <sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0"  /> 
                    <sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon|once}" size="32,32" pos="8,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/> 
                    <label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" height="30"/> 
                </rect> 

<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="water" visible="{statvisible}"> 
                    <sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced" /> 
                    <sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" /> 
                    <sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0" /> 
                    <sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon|once}" size="32,32" pos="8,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/> 
                    <label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" height="30"/> 
                </rect> 

<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health" visible="{statvisible}"> 
                    <sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced"/> 
                    <sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0"  /> 
                </rect> 

<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="food" visible="{statvisible}"> 
                    <sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced" /> 
                    <sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0" /> 
                </rect>