Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back after a long absence...wow!

Thanks!

Sometimes they come back.. *evil laugh wb*

Here's another good one .. Simple UI Plus
    Last edited by Bubo; 02-13-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekiti View Post
    Thanks!
    Welcome. It's not fancy but it does the job.

OK, day 7 has come and gone, pretty much just dodged the first horde like I always do...but the blood moon weather hasn't gone away. In game, it's 1020 AM, on Day 8, and the sky is red, lightning and thunder, the whole bit. Since 6AM, I've spotted and killed a handful of wandering dead, they don't sprint and they aren't special/horde types.

I'm bugged, aren't I?

On another note, do zombies spawn in water/underwater? If I build my horde breaker base on a causeway across a big lake, will the zombies be able to spawn in the water on either side and dig/climb up to me from it? Or will they be forced to spawn on the causeway itself, thus forcing them to attack from only two directions at most?

Also, vultures suck. I spent ten real minutes dodging them near a courthouse in a city, before finally killing them off...and no drops from them at all. They oughta drop feathers, at least.

Also, vultures suck. I spent ten real minutes dodging them near a courthouse in a city, before finally killing them off...and no drops from them at all. They oughta drop feathers, at least.
    Use a knife or shiv on them to get the feathers, just like you do with chickens.

@Pekiti - I know the blood moon 'weather' is there for a bit in the morning. I play on 120 min setting and it clears up later than daybreak. I can't remember if it was 6 or 9 am. (I don't mind, I don't mind)

Speaking of, does the bloodmoon have a weather command?

Hmmm...maybe I just didn't notice it dropping into my inventory - I was kind of still screaming "yeah! NOW who's a sitting duck!" at the corpse.

@bubo - that may be it, I'm on 120 min days too, so I'll check to see if it fades by noon, thanks. I've been binge watching videos to try and catch up on changes to the game.

Welcome back Kotter ;-)

So, made it to day 12 so far, pretty much just ducked the first horde night by being underground mining and building gear for later. Built myself a new base in the forested area outside of a big city, left the bolt hole for future horde nights. Not sure yet if I want to fight the blood moon hordes or just duck them. The city doesn't have much in the way of familiar POIs (no shotgun place, no hardware store, no shamway), but boy does it have a lot of new buildings I've never seen before. I really like the smokestacks, and the construction site with the crane. Probably gonna get killed just wandering around like a tourist, but I really like the new city styles. The giant bookstore was a great thing to find, and with all the skyscrapers I've stopped going in the front doors and working my way up, now I scale a wall and bust in somewhere up high and work up/down from there. I'll probably move on to some other city later, but right now I'm grinding out the XP and trying to find useful gear. Saw a feral running around loose in the daylight, not sure where he came from but he found a minefield for me and when he crawled out into the street, I bashed his head with my club.

Got some potatoes and corn growing to stabilize my food supply, animals seem more scarce than I remember. I've seen one pig, about 6 deer, a rabbit, and a wolf. That's with a lot of exploring. Also found a zombie dog with his head stuck in a door, not his lucky day and it got worse for him as soon as I realized he was stuck.

I have discovered that JUMPING raises the heat level (wtf!). I watched a tutorial on how to use the debug menu to check your coordinates, heat level and all that, and I can see my heat going up by .05% every time I hop up onto anything. Very strange, but I'm having fun. I see they haven't given that idiot pilot any better instructions, or maybe a pair of glasses. He's dropped both of his care packages in the middle of lakes, which almost killed me retrieving them.

Refugee
    The crate in the lake thing is annoying at best. I know some people who did die trying to get to it

What difficulty are you playing on?

And welcome back, and please, never ever leave again. 7d2d is a damn good game

Scavenger
    I only started around A12 and every update has been an improvement. So it baffles me reading some negative comments regarding A17 where more content is being added, it's not even out yet and people are already criticizing.

A lot of bashing of crazy pathing and zombies running in circles. Tbh after a while even on always run they are easily dispatched. Is there even rules on how zombies should act? They are mindless, some of the humans I've come across in life do the dumbest things, zombies running in circles? Sounds plausible to me.

Well, bears still suck, I see. Thank God I had a little practice swimming for those stupid air drops, so I didn't drown escaping from the bear(s) I stumbled over.

One thing I don't like about the sleepers, is that I'll enter a building, snipe the sleepers I find with my bow, look around and see that its all clear...and then a minute or two later I'll discover a sleeper or two that have just magically spawned in behind a door or standing in a corner. I **know** they weren't there earlier, because I habitually close doors and check everywhere before I start looting.

Also, whoever gave the 'Biker Zombies' chinese amphetamines, you're getting coal for Christmas. Fifteen arrows and five whacks with a spiked club to kill him? Jeeze!

Survivor
    So, made it to day 12 so far, pretty much just ducked the first horde night by being underground mining and building gear for later. Built myself a new base in the forested area outside of a big city, left the bolt hole for future horde nights. Not sure yet if I want to fight the blood moon hordes or just duck them. The city doesn't have much in the way of familiar POIs (no shotgun place, no hardware store, no shamway), but boy does it have a lot of new buildings I've never seen before. I really like the smokestacks, and the construction site with the crane. Probably gonna get killed just wandering around like a tourist, but I really like the new city styles. The giant bookstore was a great thing to find, and with all the skyscrapers I've stopped going in the front doors and working my way up, now I scale a wall and bust in somewhere up high and work up/down from there. I'll probably move on to some other city later, but right now I'm grinding out the XP and trying to find useful gear. Saw a feral running around loose in the daylight, not sure where he came from but he found a minefield for me and when he crawled out into the street, I bashed his head with my club.

Got some potatoes and corn growing to stabilize my food supply, animals seem more scarce than I remember. I've seen one pig, about 6 deer, a rabbit, and a wolf. That's with a lot of exploring. Also found a zombie dog with his head stuck in a door, not his lucky day and it got worse for him as soon as I realized he was stuck.

I have discovered that JUMPING raises the heat level (wtf!). I watched a tutorial on how to use the debug menu to check your coordinates, heat level and all that, and I can see my heat going up by .05% every time I hop up onto anything. Very strange, but I'm having fun. I see they haven't given that idiot pilot any better instructions, or maybe a pair of glasses. He's dropped both of his care packages in the middle of lakes, which almost killed me retrieving them.
    A16 introduced random Feral zombies in some POIs...spices up the daytime looting for sure. Surprised me when I came across a Feral Wight in a Military Campsite on Day 1 when A16 first released...I hadn't read all the release notes

Animals are more scarce now although I'm pretty sure they spawned even less frequently when A16 first came out. But I like the fact that hunting is a little less convenient now. Adds to the survival aspect and makes gardening more useful. However, I have yet to plant a garden in A16, so a strict Bacon and Egg diet (mmm...cholesterol) in still very possible.

Yeah, zombie dogs still have clipping issues through walls and doors. Spider zombies can also be wonky. Honestly, I find it more to the players advantage and it hardly bothers me. But TFP are aware.

I find First Aid kits handy for surviving the dive to retrieve Airdrops in particularly deep lakes ...and a stamina booster like Grain Alcohol, Coffee or Beer can come in handy, too (at least early game). But yeah...that pilot is drunk. No doubt about it.

Survivor
    Well, bears still suck, I see. Thank God I had a little practice swimming for those stupid air drops, so I didn't drown escaping from the bear(s) I stumbled over.

One thing I don't like about the sleepers, is that I'll enter a building, snipe the sleepers I find with my bow, look around and see that its all clear...and then a minute or two later I'll discover a sleeper or two that have just magically spawned in behind a door or standing in a corner. I **know** they weren't there earlier, because I habitually close doors and check everywhere before I start looting.

Also, whoever gave the 'Biker Zombies' chinese amphetamines, you're getting coal for Christmas. Fifteen arrows and five whacks with a spiked club to kill him? Jeeze!
    Bears are faster...and more terrifying in general

Sleeper spawns are still a little wonky but it is the first iteration...I can only imagine it'll get better.

And yeah, different weapon skill levels and perks definitely make a difference with the tougher zeds now.

Watch out for random wolf/bear packs. Not too difficult to avoid. There biggest challenge is noticing them ahead of time. They are very quiet and if your out in the wilderness, you can get surprised very easily.