Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Multiplayer issues ps4.

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Multiplayer issues ps4.

    [Moved from https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7-days-to-die by Clare]

    Good evening Clare, I play 7 days on ps4 with my friends. Recently with the latest update there has been a serious issue while playing multiplayer. I have run speed test and have more then ample internet download and upload speeds as do my friends. When my friends go to join my server they get kicked out after a few minutes and sometimes they can't even join. I've tried to play on their private maps as well to see if it were my internet due to me being the host and it wasn't. I got kicked from his map as well when I tried to join. I've checked my ports on my router and their all open. As a fan of the game and having spent money for a game that doesn't work is extremely frustrating. I know your response with be " please be patient as we investigate the issue". Well, quite frankly that isn't good enough. I know im not the only one experiencing this issue. Ive read the forums for over a week now and there are thousands of people having the same issue. This needs to be addressed and resolved. 7 days needs to acknowledge this issue and release a statement to its consumers and fans so they know their not left in the dark with some generic response. Im honestly ready to trade the game in and not play any more.
    Last edited by Clare; 02-13-2018 at 10:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Tapout954

    I have moved your post to it's own thread as the issue is different to the one you posted in. In future please create a new post for your own issue as multiple separate issues addressed in the same thread can become confusing.

    I am sorry to hear you are having multiplayer connection issues on your PS4. The multiplayer connection issue you mentioned above is more commonly experienced on the XB1 rather than the PS4 and has been occurring for longer than just the previous update. This would make me believe that your issue is a different one.

    Can you tell me if this occured immediately after the update, or if it is something that started to happen gradually over time?
    Are your friends able to play with each other without issue?
    Since you installed the update, have you reinstalled to ensure the installation came down correctly and have you checked your PS4 system for updates?
    Did you clear the cache at any point after the previous update? (shut down completely and unplug for 5 mins before rebooting)
    Has anything in your internet connection changed at all? (if there was an update settings or contract change your NAT type might have changed)

    Please give me as much information from this list as possible:

    Upload Speeds (while playing the game):
    Download Speeds (While playing the game):
    NAT type:
    Wired or Wireless connection:
    Internet Service Provider (ISP):
    Router connected to console:
    How many console connected to same router:

    Again I am sorry you are experiencing this issue and I will do my best to troubleshoot this issue with you.
    Clare

  3. #3
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Multiplayer issues ps4.

    I use to have some issues with being disconnected before the update. Once the update came out multiplayer suffered horribly. My download speeds while playing are at 60+ mbps and upload is at 28+ while playing. Nat type is 2. I use comcast isp. It will disconnect my friends from my private map regardless of wired or wireless. They cannot join each others worlds either. Sometimes they can get loaded in to my world for a few seconds and then their booted. Nothing has changed in the way of My internet. It's not my internet. It's not my friends internet. After the update the issue has got substantially worse. I have no other consoles in my house or device connected to my internet. I have cleared the cache on my ps4 and explained to my friends to do the same and still get disconnected. Ive called my isp and explained to them the situation and tech support helped me go through and check port forwarding and that there is no firewall. I can host a Ark survival game with 4 people on my server and zero issues or disconnections. There is something wrong with the multiplayer on ps4 for 7 days and it needs to be addressed on your end, not mine. All my updates are current. I check them daily.
    Last edited by Tapout954; 02-13-2018 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Missed info

  4. #4
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Tapout954,

    Thank you for providing me with your details. I am sorry if it sounded like I was trying to displace blame, this is not the case. I do my best to get all information so I can so I know the scope of what factors are involved and what could be contributor so I can help troubleshoot on my end and rule things out. While I understand other games may be connecting without issue, connection processes can vary from game to game.

    You mentioned your NAT type is type 2, would it be possible to change your NAT type to type 1 or OPEN and test your ability to host?

    From the thread on multiplayer disconnection the team recommended the following:
    If you are hosting, make sure your NAT type is set to OPEN or 1. If you are a client Moderate-Open or types 2-1 are best. Strict may present some problems.
    You may have already read this thread, but just in case you have not seen it - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-Disconnection - most of this is geared towards the XB1 connection issue, but recommendations from the team for connections are for both.

    One other thing I forgot to ask in my previous post, are you or any of your friends able to connect and maintain a connection to a random multiplayer game at all?

    Clare
    Last edited by Clare; 02-13-2018 at 02:39 PM.

  5. #5
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Tapout954

    I have moved your post to it's own thread as the issue is different to the one you posted in. In future please create a new post for your own issue as multiple separate issues addressed in the same thread can become confusing.

    I am sorry to hear you are having multiplayer connection issues on your PS4. The multiplayer connection issue you mentioned above is more commonly experienced on the XB1 rather than the PS4 and has been occurring for longer than just the previous update. This would make me believe that your issue is a different one.

    Can you tell me if this occured immediately after the update, or if it is something that started to happen gradually over time?
    Are your friends able to play with each other without issue?
    Since you installed the update, have you reinstalled to ensure the installation came down correctly and have you checked your PS4 system for updates?
    Did you clear the cache at any point after the previous update? (shut down completely and unplug for 5 mins before rebooting)
    Has anything in your internet connection changed at all? (if there was an update settings or contract change your NAT type might have changed)

    Please give me as much information from this list as possible:

    Upload Speeds (while playing the game):
    Download Speeds (While playing the game):
    NAT type:
    Wired or Wireless connection:
    Internet Service Provider (ISP):
    Router connected to console:
    How many console connected to same router:

    Again I am sorry you are experiencing this issue and I will do my best to troubleshoot this issue with you.
    Clare
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Tapout954,

    Thank you for providing me with your details. I am sorry if it sounded like I was trying to displace blame, this is not the case. I do my best to get all information so I can so I know the scope of what factors are involved and what could be contributor so I can help troubleshoot on my end and rule things out. While I understand other games may be connecting without issue, connection processes can vary from game to game.

    You mentioned your NAT type is type 2, would it be possible to change your NAT type to type 1 or OPEN and test your ability to host?

    From the thread on multiplayer disconnection the team recommended the following:
    If you are hosting, make sure your NAT type is set to OPEN or 1. If you are a client Moderate-Open or types 2-1 are best. Strict may present some problems.
    You may have already read this thread, but just in case you have not seen it - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-Disconnection - most of this is geared towards the XB1 connection issue, but recommendations from the team for connections are for both.

    One other thing I forgot to ask in my previous post, are you or any of your friends able to connect and maintain a connection to a random multiplayer game at all?

    Clare
    Nat type 2 and open. All ports are wide open. I spent two hours on the phone with Comcast tech support helping me through the steps. It was a mission but we were able to do it. Located the ps4 on the router and went to advanced settings to locate dbz mode. Im wide open spaces like Dixie chicks lol. I can literally play any other game multiplayer with ZERO interference or issues. I just connected it hard wired and tried again and he cant join but for a few minutes. Additionally, I'm having my friend do these steps as well, and nothing seems to be a fix. I've convinced numerous people to get this game and some of them have never been able to connect to a multiplayer map on a private server.

  6. #6
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Tapout954,

    I am sorry for the confusion. While I know the Sony/PS4 refers to NAT type 2 as open, there is still a router connection, so I know it as open-moderate or just moderate. Setting it to Type 1 allows it to be completely open with no router/firewall. I understand this may not be ideal for some people, in the past setting to NAT type 1 has helped players to connect to multiplayer games in 7DTD. If your PS4 settings are showing NAT type 2 it may be worth testing to see if NAT type 1 is of any benefit to you as this is part of the recommendations the team have given for those who may struggle with connections.

    Clare

  7. #7
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Nat 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Tapout954,

    I am sorry for the confusion. While I know the Sony/PS4 refers to NAT type 2 as open, there is still a router connection, so I know it as open-moderate or just moderate. Setting it to Type 1 allows it to be completely open with no router/firewall. I understand this may not be ideal for some people, in the past setting to NAT type 1 has helped players to connect to multiplayer games in 7DTD. If your PS4 settings are showing NAT type 2 it may be worth testing to see if NAT type 1 is of any benefit to you as this is part of the recommendations the team have given for those who may struggle with connections.

    Clare
    Ok so I hard wired it and called my isp and was able to switch it to nat type 1. Tech support warned me of being vulnerable being open. I did it any way just to try it out. I can get on no problem. My friend still cannot join my server but for a few min or if at all sometimes. Just the building environment screen and then it says he's been disconnected from the game server. So after switching it to nat type 1 has not resolved the issue. Before the last update we could play for hours and hours with no issue. On occasion i would be disconnected causing him to be kicked out as well. But that only happened a few times. I'm still sticking to my guns and saying it has to be something in the update that needs to be fixed. Truly unfortunate. I'm at the end of my rope. I think I've gone above what any person should do to try and get a multiplayer game to work. I've spent hours on the phone with tech support over the past 3 days trying to figure out this issue. According to my isp my internet is rock solid and have zero issues with connection, latency or band with. Is there a way to downgrade my latest update to 1.17 so I can go back to playing multiplayer?

  8. #8
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Tapout954,

    I am sorry the NAT type 1 change did not help in connecting your friend to your game. Thank you for taking the time to try this, I understand how frustrating this issue is for you and appreciate you helping me to diagnose what could be the problem. Unfortunately there is no way to revert to an older update.

    I have have sent details of your issue onto the team for them to look at to see if there any other suggestions they can provide for trouble shooting. While I am not blaming your side, the fact that this is not a widespread issue means that hopefully there is something that can be done to help you get back into your multiplayer games without waiting for a full update.

    I will update this thread when I hear back from them.
    Clare

  9. #9
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Any news ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Tapout954,

    I am sorry the NAT type 1 change did not help in connecting your friend to your game. Thank you for taking the time to try this, I understand how frustrating this issue is for you and appreciate you helping me to diagnose what could be the problem. Unfortunately there is no way to revert to an older update.

    I have have sent details of your issue onto the team for them to look at to see if there any other suggestions they can provide for trouble shooting. While I am not blaming your side, the fact that this is not a widespread issue means that hopefully there is something that can be done to help you get back into your multiplayer games without waiting for a full update.

    I will update this thread when I hear back from them.
    Clare
    Any news from the devs? My friend and I keep trying daily and still nothing. Yesterday we were able to play for about 2 hours before it kicked him out.

  10. #10
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Tapout954,

    I am glad you were able to play for up to two hours yesterday. I have not heard back from the team but I have just sent them a followup message about this.

    Clare

  11. #11
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Tapout954,

    First of all I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. I conferred with a team member about the issue and while it looks like further testing may be required, offered the advice that when they had seen a similar issue to this in the past, they disconnected their router from the console / turned it off for a few mins to all it to reset before turning it back on / reconnecting to the PS4. Possibly even clearning the cache while the router is off to prop the fresh re-connection of both the console and the game. This may be something your ISP requested you try, but just in case they did not.

    I will continue to update when I can as the team looks into what could be causing this issue. If there are any changes on your end, please let me know and I will pass them onto the team right away.

    Again I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this,
    Clare

  12. #12
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Hey Clare, thanks for responding. My friend and I continue to get kicked almost continuously for the past week. We have tried that method of rebooting and disconnecting from the ps4 and it'll let us in temporarily for about 5 minutes and then it'll kick him out if I'm hosting and me out if he's hosting.
    Last edited by Tapout954; 03-08-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Typo

  13. #13
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Thank you for your response Tapout954, I am sorry to hear you are still being kicked, I shall let the team know that this method has not worked for you as it may effect future tests.

    Clare

  14. #14
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Multiplayer issues ps4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Thank you for your response Tapout954, I am sorry to hear you are still being kicked, I shall let the team know that this method has not worked for you as it may effect future tests.

    Clare
    Hey Clare, I'm still having issues with multiplayer on a private map. I have even deleted a map and created a new online creative multiplayer and I have issues there as well. Another thing is that maybe it would be a neat addition to maybe put next to the latitude and longitude, maybe a elevation meter so the elevation would change along with the lay of the land. Any word on maybe an update of possible fix for the issue ? I hope the dev take my opinion for the elevation meter into consideration. That would just be awesome. Thanks again.

  15. #15
    Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,536
    Rep Power
    1
    Hi Tapout954,

    Thank you for your suggestion, I do keep a list of suggestions for the team and I am happy to pass them on - I'm currently not at a console, but if memory serves elevation is displayed in the bottom left of the map along with wind, temperature and day/time indicator. If that is missing on your version of the game, I wonder would it be a clue to this issue you are having. As far as I am aware it was not taken out of the game.

    I'm sorry I have not yet heard any information on when the next update can be expected nor details of the work the team are doing. Forgive me if this is something you tried already, but I saw another player mention the other day that when their game on PS4 was acting up they opted to rebuild the PS4 database and it seemed to work for them. Considering this issue appeared after an update, it might be no harm to try this in case some bad code is stuck somewhere that the cache can't clear. While rebuilding the database does not usually effect saves and data, I would recommend backing saves up, just in case.

    Clare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •