View Poll Results: Which of these two main features are the more important in your mind

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • A fully destructible voxel world that can be mined and deformed block by block.

120 85.11%
  • Huge numbers of zombies that can overwhelm players by their horrific horde size.

21 14.89%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the more important main feature of the game II

I voted zombies on accident

Although it DOES sound like an amazing thing that the game needs, the world must come first. But please add in the massive zombie sizes once the game can handle it effectively!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMole View Post
    Ah, I'm not looking for "excuses" to boost my post count, since I don't even care about it. Quality over quantity.
    He wasn't referring to you...

-A

Umm like I said in the last thread, we need both. As the game will be boring if its was just one or the other.

7D = FO+MC and voxel is the core of MC. Remove voxel, and you take MC out of the equation.

Now though, allow me to point out as a side note that... nope. I'm done. That was it, right there. Miracles does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
    He wasn't referring to you...

-A
    Good to know then.
    Last edited by DeadMole; 02-18-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Why make us choose? We NEED both.

Voxels are what make this game what it is and idk bout y'all but a max of 64 zombies is not hard enough for me. A man can dream of 250 zombies instead of 64 one day....unlikely anytime soon because lag but still a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyNotABot View Post
    Why make us choose? We NEED both.

Voxels are what make this game what it is and idk bout y'all but a max of 64 zombies is not hard enough for me. A man can dream of 250 zombies instead of 64 one day....unlikely anytime soon because lag but still a dream...
    Just a question of picking the most valuable feature.

Or just stronger zombies.

Before I vote, how would the more zombie thing work?
    Would it be like 10 zombies would have 100 hp each and if it was 1000 zombies would they have 1 hp each?

Reconstructionist A Nice Cup of Tea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    @CC: I’m just glad I was quick enough to “Part Two” one of my polls before you did.

@Rest: yes. Assuming 64 zombies is the limit with voxel terrain what if 300 were the limit with static terrain. Would you trade voxels for significantly larger numbers that definitely couldn’t be done (as far as we know) with voxels standing in the way.
    I voted for more zombies and no fully voxel terrain, but I do have a caveat on that.

I wouldn't want to see the voxel terrain completely disappear, but I'd be happy if the buildings and topsoil remained voxel based while the rock underneath was solid. Basically, "bedrock" would follow the contours of the land, and be about ten blocks down.

That would probably mean no more mining (no skin off my nose - I never mine anyway) but would leave the buildings destroyable and mean you could still do minor landscaping of the soil (e.g. flattening places out or digging small holes to put spikes in).

Reconstructionist
    I don't know if this is even a possibility, and likely not.... But can the world be fully destructible except for on Blood Moons? Is there a way for the game to shut off the distructabilty and all of those calculations (except for the world surface and buildings) and convert that processing power for zombies?

I am not a programmer, just asking.

Edit: I know this would prohibit mining during the 7 day horde. It would just be a short term inconvenience for more zombies above ground, and ground dwellers could craft the whole time.
    Last edited by chaosterone; 02-18-2018 at 08:36 PM.

How much of the world would have to be non-destroyable to have a major increase in zombies?
    As A Nice Cup of Tea mentioned, could bedrock be at -27 (for example) following the contour of the land and that would allow zombies to be increased?

Ranger
    Despite my last poll being the dumbest poll ever , instead we present a straw man argument disguised as a poll.
    Corrected

Nomad
    The voxel world is what sets this game apart. A boatload of zombies attacking you just becomes a run of the mill arcade style game after awhile. The ability to change the world into your vision is most important aspect. Both options I agree would be ideal though.

@CC: I’m just glad I was quick enough to “Part Two” one of my polls before you did.

@Rest: yes. Assuming 64 zombies is the limit with voxel terrain what if 300 were the limit with static terrain. Would you trade voxels for significantly larger numbers that definitely couldn’t be done (as far as we know) with voxels standing in the way.
    Well, specifically on the assumption you listed there, I voted for destructible terrain.

It would be a real shame though, imho, if that came at the price of lack of zombie numbers. A16 for me was where it (lack of zombies) got so bad that it impacted my enjoyment of the game, most especially in cities, so if it's an either/or choice, then it's a lose/lose for me I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMole View Post
    Just a question of picking the most valuable feature.

Or just stronger zombies.
    I know it was a question on which is more valuable, the question at the beginning of my post wasn't really meant to be taken seriously.

Stronger zombies to me sounds like a cheap and annoying loop hole. Many of us want more normal zombies to fight instead of bullet sponges or OP zeds. Sure strong support zombies such as the wight, zombie bear, and cop are great additions to the game, but when you give EVERY zombie much more health/damage it kinda defeats the point of those more powerful zombies now doesn't it? They wouldn't be special anymore and melee combat would be way harder then it has to be. If you ask me it would be much better to keep zombies the way they are and to just raise the max limit once the game can handle it without becoming a lag fest.

Think about herds from TWD but instead of a million zombies imagine about 100-500. That's what I would love to see in this game. Now of course at the time it can't handle a number that large but that may not always be true. The future holds many possibilities.
    Last edited by TotallyNotABot; 02-19-2018 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Grammar errors

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyNotABot View Post
    Sure strong support zombies such as the wight, zombie bear, and cop are great additions to the game, but when you give EVERY zombie much more health/damage it kinda defeats the point of those more powerful zombies now doesn't it?
    Not only that, but I think larger numbers would serve the tower defense aspect of the game better also. I'm all for more zeds if we can get some and also the option to decide how many are spawning in the world, not just turning them on or off.