Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod Installer and launcher for Linux

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Nice work gandor.
    Hope this works out and ty for your efforts to bring this to the Linux community.
    Thanks Tin,

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by gandor View Post
    Honestly BB_Drifter, My post had only been up for 2 days, And your post was very discouraging. Instead of attempting to contact me directly with your concerns. You posted a comment that is sure to discourage others.
    I made a legitimate post asking a legitimate question. As an open forum I assumed I could post said question which obviously was wrong.

This is a very early alpha and all I asked was if anyone would be interested in helping to test as I went along.
    It's no where near ready to be reviewed or released. I was just hoping to find interested people and perhaps new friends.
    I understand it is early and yes there is interest Iím sure.

One post from one user is not going to discourage me from continuing this project. However I'm now evaluating whether or not there will be a public release to this forum.
    Blaming the whole forum for me asking a question seem a bit ďmuchĒ. Since my original post was quoted I cannot delete everything but I will delete what I can. If asking a question is going to fire you up itís simply not worth further conversation. Maybe a mod can delete this entire thread and you can create a new one. Believe me, Iíll stay away from posting either way.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Well, that went in an unexpected direction...

@gandor, thicker skin homie. He never attacked you or in any way disrespected you or your software.

Food for thought. =)

Refugee
    Ok guys that's enough please. All I meant was I will probably release to a Linux repository first that way there shouldn't be any issues with credibility when I release to the forum. I just though you guys might enjoy getting first look and your input would be greatly valued as the project progresses. That's why I posted here in the first place. So can this please be the end of this?
    Last edited by gandor; 03-21-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Of course.

Survivor
    Happy Pinguin here with Mod Installer up and running on Ubuntu. Many Thx Gandor

Zombie Hunter
    I've been looking for a Linux mod launcher. I'll take a look after Ubuntu 18.04 comes out next week, since I'm gonna wipe my systems then. (no point in doing everything twice)

Besides, it will also test this with 18.04 which will be shiny and new.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianbluebeer View Post
    I've been looking for a Linux mod launcher. I'll take a look after Ubuntu 18.04 comes out next week, since I'm gonna wipe my systems then. (no point in doing everything twice)

Besides, it will also test this with 18.04 which will be shiny and new.
    Sounds good to me. Let us know how it goes.

Refugee
    For all having security concerns:
    It's written in Gambas3, so you can easily "decompile" it, as it's an interpreted language.
    So you can review the code for yourself.

Oh, gandor - thanks for supporting the linux users

Refugee

I would like to try building the source for mi4l on fedora

Is that ok? I'm a retired software engineer and can usually figure stuff out. Do you keep the source in a git repository?

Patrick

Refugee
    Any hope to get the ball rollin on this project again? Maybe the author of the 7D2D mod launcher can share some code and we can do something like a direct port to Linux.