Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7 Days to Bri - PvE Servers

Since nobody is using the Navezgane server, I'm going to lock it down and run some experiments on it. I want to directly compare performance to the random gen server, but the comparison isn't fair when one is Nav and the other is RGW - especially with compo pack installed. Just ran around the Nav server for a solid 5 minutes on a qty 599 bike. I would never expect that in random gen until we have updated vehicle physics.

The new Random Gen server is up at the IP address of the previous Navezgane server. I will be cancelling the old Random Gen server in the near future due to severe lag issues with the server host, but giving a week or so to let everyone migrate over. The new Random Gen server is at IP 158.69.225.19 port 27200. Original post in this thread has been updated to reflect changes.

I recently got /spawn and /home teleports working. Type /spawn to visit the server community center at 35 S 1225 W. Type /set home to set your current location as your home. Type /home to teleport to your home. Will update the original post to show this.

Hi there,
    Just wondering if your server is still active with players? I would love to come and play, but just don't want to waste time grinding a new character up to find out no-one else is playing there anymore.
    Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Red View Post
    Hi there,
    Just wondering if your server is still active with players? I would love to come and play, but just don't want to waste time grinding a new character up to find out no-one else is playing there anymore.
    Many thanks.
    We do have active players on the server, and you are welcome to join. We do have a low population and you will often see that nobody is on at a particular time. We have a couple small groups of 2-3 users and a handful of loners. I get on some Sundays and most Tuesday nights.
    Last edited by dhlmaster; 05-22-2018 at 04:00 AM.

I did start playing on it last night and had fun, it's a nice server in regards to the settings and mods.
    I visited the community hall and am now looking for a nice area to start building a base.

Where about is everyone else located? I was looking to build about 1km away from the community centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Red View Post
    I did start playing on it last night and had fun, it's a nice server in regards to the settings and mods.
    I visited the community hall and am now looking for a nice area to start building a base.

Where about is everyone else located? I was looking to build about 1km away from the community centre.
    We are scattered around. If you click the map link in the original post, then check the "offline players" box on the map, it shows a map marker where each player is. I spend my time at the community center, but I have a house not too far off. If you follow the North road out of the town that has the community center, the next town up has 3 A-frame houses clustered together. I connected them with a cobblestone walkway. I have my stuff in one of those houses. The other two are up for grabs, but you can really go anywhere you want.

Nice Mod

Just got started last night. I really like what you have done with your mod. Lots of little touches without trying to reinvent the wheel. Well done.

I usually solo. I prefer to build alone, near the other humans but not WITH them. I am not chatty but I'm friendly, open to trade and such. I could make an effective scavenger for a small group provided I could maintain full autonomy. I get told what to do enough when my wife gets home
    I am older, semi-retired. I play most days and some evenings/late night.
    USA - Eastern Time
    IGN - NoMan

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Just got started last night. I really like what you have done with your mod. Lots of little touches without trying to reinvent the wheel. Well done.

I usually solo. I prefer to build alone, near the other humans but not WITH them. I am not chatty but I'm friendly, open to trade and such. I could make an effective scavenger for a small group provided I could maintain full autonomy. I get told what to do enough when my wife gets home
    I am older, semi-retired. I play most days and some evenings/late night.
    USA - Eastern Time
    IGN - NoMan
    Thanks for joining up, and I'm glad you like the mods. I'm happy to see more people starting to come onboard. We're very low population at the moment. You probably won't bump into anyone if you're not trying to.

Where is the server?

Been there for over a week, Level 100ish, nice base built. Today it's nowhere to be found. I see you now have a Medieval server running. Should I assume that these things are connected and that my previous work is gone? I hope not. That would be disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Been there for over a week, Level 100ish, nice base built. Today it's nowhere to be found. I see you now have a Medieval server running. Should I assume that these things are connected and that my previous work is gone? I hope not. That would be disappointing.
    Unfortunately, the server rental company moved my server to a different machine and IP address without giving me prior notification. They did not move my mods along with the save files. I just got it back up and running with my mods. The medieval mod server is another one of mine. Both are currently up. I have updated the 1st post in this thread with the new server address.

Unfortunately, there was a server wipe involved because initially launching the server without its mods caused the save file to possibly be corrupted. I didn't realize that the mods were missing until I opened a storage container and it bugged/crashed the game. Sorry for any inconvenience, and also for my slow response here. I normally check this thread daily, but sometimes I miss things. For quickest response time, message me on discord.
    Last edited by dhlmaster; 06-03-2018 at 01:15 PM.

It's all good man. I restart all the time anyway. I will check out your new situation when I get done with my current thing. Thanks for your response.

I just uploaded build 14 of Medieval Mod to Server 2 and did a reset.

Switched server 2 from Medieval Mod to Starvation Mod. Updated first post to reflect the change.

Refugee
    First impression of this server: Spawned 10 minutes IG before blood moon, tried to gather some resources for a bow or club, horde spawns next to me ---> instant not so raged quit. Seriously, itīs just not MY day