Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [POC] Classic Nomad Survival

We added the compo pack, but removed some of the POIs from it that either causes FPS lag or had bad sleeper block. You can add more custom prefabs though.

Ranger
    Thanks! Holy crap, you guys gave us sticky arrows pre-A17! I'm having fun. Well, "fun"

Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Thanks! Holy crap, you guys gave us sticky arrows pre-A17! I'm having fun. Well, "fun"
    Terms of Conditions: "Fun" must be in quotation =D

Ranger
    Found some bugs, I'm just gonna collect them in this post if I happen to stumble over more:
    - The driftwood club has no quality and does no damage, I'm guessing it's because it's picked up with E instead of harvested like the woodbranch? Cause otherwise the xml for both looks identical.
    - I found construction loot spawners encased in wood that I could remove with E, when removed I get the generic green spawner instead of a container, maybe again it must be destroyed for the spawn to be triggered?

ETA:
    - the oldtrophy weapon has no icon
    - the dropped backpack lootcontainer only has a size of 5,10 so can't accommodate the new 45-slot-backpack + toolbar + clothing
    Last edited by owl79; 04-14-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Found some bugs, I'm just gonna collect them in this post if I happen to stumble over more:
    - The driftwood club has no quality and does no damage, I'm guessing it's because it's picked up with E instead of harvested like the woodbranch? Cause otherwise the xml for both looks identical.
    Known issue but is base mechanics about picking up a block and not having a quality. It's acceptable, since the drift wood club is meant as an absolute desperate weapon. It will still do 1 point of damage, and can be effective to blowing off heads.

- I found construction loot spawners encased in wood that I could remove with E, when removed I get the generic green spawner instead of a container, maybe again it must be destroyed for the spawn to be triggered?
    Known issue. It's the downgrade process not working entirely as expected on some crates. It still provides loot, however awkward it may look.

Ranger
    I'm curious, why did you change the light models? They're weirdly small in scale and many are misrotated now, which doesn't help immersion. (I also edited my previous post with a couple more bugs, that backpack one might lead to a riot if someone discovers it at the wrong time )

I'm curious, why did you change the light models? They're weirdly small in scale and many are misrotated now, which doesn't help immersion. (I also edited my previous post with a couple more bugs, that backpack one might lead to a riot if someone discovers it at the wrong time )
    Thank you for the feed back.

The light models was an older trick to disable the lit lights in prefabs to reduce the performance hit inside cities. It gave us a small boost, which translated to having more zombies on screen. Unfortunately, the rotations are messed up on them.

ETA:
    - the oldtrophy weapon has no icon
    - the dropped backpack lootcontainer only has a size of 5,10 so can't accommodate the new 45-slot-backpack + toolbar + clothing
    New build pushed to fix this

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Thank you for the feed back.

The light models was an older trick to disable the lit lights in prefabs to reduce the performance hit inside cities. It gave us a small boost, which translated to having more zombies on screen. Unfortunately, the rotations are messed up on them.

Thank you for the small lights.
    The lights usually give me horrible lag.

Ranger
    Is it on purpose that the special zeds like AshCops don't give any xp at all, not even a little like the regular zeds? They're a lot tougher after all.

Also, I think I found a way to handle the lights a bit better: I made those block IDs air-blocks. Seems to work out fine, and since the player lights are separate blocks we should still be able to build those. IMO no lights in prefabs is less distracting than weirdly misrotated ones
    Last edited by owl79; 04-17-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Is it on purpose that the special zeds like AshCops don't give any xp at all, not even a little like the regular zeds? They're a lot tougher after all.

Also, I think I found a way to handle the lights a bit better: I made those block IDs air-blocks. Seems to work out fine, and since the player lights are separate blocks we should still be able to build those. IMO no lights in prefabs is less distracting than weirdly misrotated ones
    Good idea on the lights. We'll implement that. I think AshCops give similar XP as to the other zombies.

I bumped up the HP and exp on the AshCop and LowPoly Boss.

Update!

- Fixed Loot House bug for storage containers
    - Tweak stamina usage on some tools
    - Removed lights that were rotated badly
    - tweaked food poisoning
    - Adjusted exp for AshCop
    - Adjusted traders

Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Update!

- Fixed Loot House bug for storage containers
    - Tweak stamina usage on some tools
    - Removed lights that were rotated badly
    - tweaked food poisoning
    - Adjusted exp for AshCop
    - Adjusted traders
    did you consider trying a change of meta on the lights to turn them all off?

meta = 0 is off, meta =2 is on

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    did you consider trying a change of meta on the lights to turn them all off?

meta = 0 is off, meta =2 is on
    I hadn't thought of it. It was just easier to nuke the ones we didn't want