Thread: Has anyone gotten the speedmodifier buff working?

Hunter

Has anyone gotten the speedmodifier buff working?

I am trying to buff the players speed when on asphalt, I have the following code:

Code:
    <buff id="asphaltStaBoostTrigger" duration="1" actions="setvar(CTRroadrun, 10)" />

<buff id="asphaltStaminaEffect" duration="0" buffif="CTRroadrun greater 0" debuffif="CTRroadrun less 1" actions="increment(CTRroadrun, -1, 1, 0, 0)" type="speedmodifier"
    	name_key="Meep Meep!" description_key="Run Faster and Longer on pavement." tooltip_key="Speed Booster" icon="ui_game_symbol_run" >
    	<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="2.5"/>
    	<modify id="1" stat="stamina" amount="1" rate="2" />			
    </buff>
    The stamina stat buff works fine, the speed modifier shows up, but in game has no effect. (btw, its 250% to try and test.)

The vanilla examples show <1 values for this, so a broken leg is 0.6 and works, but values >1 don't seem to have any effect.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I had a runner class in an a15 mod, of I can dig up the buff code I'll shoot it your way.

Hunter
    If it's different than what I have, that'd be awesome. This issue is bothering me. Maybe it's because I don't have a duration? I don't know..

Here's a link to an earlier thread about it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post723389

Were you talking about your speed pill guppy. I still have a link to that one.

Survivor
    I've used Clockwork's suggestion ( referenced in that linked thread above ) successfully in 16.4 and plenty of mods.

Hunter
    I got it working with this code:
    Code:
    <buff id="asphaltStaBoostTrigger" duration="1" actions="setvar(CTRroadrun, 10)" />

<buff id="asphaltStaminaEffect" duration="0" buffif="CTRroadrun greater 0" debuffif="CTRroadrun less 1" actions="increment(CTRroadrun, -1, 1, 0, 0)" type="speedmodifier"
    	name_key="Meep Meep!" description_key="Run Faster and Longer on pavement." tooltip_key="Speed Booster" icon="ui_game_symbol_run" >
    	<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" modifyMaxValue="3.01"/>
    	<modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="2.5"/>
    	<modify id="0" stat="stamina" amount="1" rate="2" />			
    </buff>
    Basically, had to modify the MAX value it could be, then modify that value. Works great!