Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [06/06] Message from the Team

Survivor
    I am talking about the whole situation quite a while with one of my best friends as we are trying different ways of playing to shorten the time of waiting till the update shows up.

We both are speculating what the PS4 hardware will finally be ready to handle and of course you have to see the fact that very many console players got the game along huge price drops on XB Marketplace and PS Store.

We both paid only 15 (Germany) for the game what is a good deal for us and some others guys we showed that game in order to support us. But all in all it takes four sold copies of the game to bring as much cash as a full price game along a very expensive development (especially when the game is being optimized by getting a huge engine update).

I would like to mention that we all want to have new features brought by free updates. Just like it was said a million times, this game was a full release. After this being said, I was ready to pay for big updates like the one we are expecting as an DLC for about 5 because the development process is very expensive and exhausting, especially along the fact that 7 Days was a full release.

Of course some guys may point out that PC gamers get the new stuff for free but you should never forget that it is a voxel-based, non-AAA-title which is being developed on the PC as a appropriate lead platform without any hardware limits. Besides this there is no different way to play cool games on relatively cheap hardware like we do on XB1 and PS4. On PC you evetually are forced to make an expensive hardware upgrade to have the game running smoothly (especially during horde nights which are the core element of 7 Days).

The console version would get a higher priority if everybody would have given more economical support to the developing companies, even if it just was a handful of bugs like 10/10$. Some of us are flaming and behaving like cry babies day in and day out because they do not get want they want within a shortest amount of time. Don't take that the wrong way but this is how market economy works.

After all I really appreciate the info on the coming update BUT you guys (the developers) know that the way you communicate with us is just a bad joke. If you want our support and well earned money, keep us all on touch more often and give more details on what is about to come on consoles. Otherwise you will lose many supporters very soon.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by XxUnkn0wnxX View Post
    the ps3 runs on windows or any OS with emulation (rpcs3), as one can extract the PS3 "UPDATE.PUP" file decrypt it and run it in a special emulator... then play as many ps3 games as you want

also there are xbox360 & classic xbox emulators. give it enough time there will be Xbox One + PS4 emulators. so your answer that consoles cannot run on windows is false.
    No youve got the wrong end of the stick, what I meant is the actual consoles dont use windows, Im well aware there are emulators .

Survivor
    The only real problem is that it took four months for us to hear something new and then be told that they update won't be released until later this year granted Claire did say she'll be in touch so hopefully maybe two months? And we should have the update

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Again, I feel the need to re-iterate that the PC version is still in Alpha Development. Gold is a ways off. We need to finish Alpha and make it all the way through the Beta development stage before getting to a completed release.

Expecting experimental features from an Alpha stage development cycle to be added to a completed product is just a little bit silly. Who knows what they will be able to add with the next update. To be sure, you will see more content from the PC version as resources are freed up. Just don't get your hopes up for jeeps, ROFL-Copters, huge texture improvements, or any special customization for your next-gen console that only got a GPU upgrade.

This is a 3d Voxel game after all. Not a flat 2D landscape like you have in GTA, Battlefield, Ark, or any of those other games you guys like to compare to. It takes a lot beefier core hardware to run everything they've been adding to the Alpha.
    And this is the irony for me. This is exactly the point I was getting at and why the statement by Joel had to be intentionally ambiguous about what console will have compared to the PC. It was a warning about using Joel's statement to give the expectation the consoles and PC versions will be the same. Instead of that primary point, some people decided to use my worst case scenario example as an argument point I never made.

I get it, some people don't like having things they like not shown in a completely positive light. I do. It just urks me when they intentionally misrepresent what I posted to try and argue with me.
    Last edited by MJS101104; 06-14-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maughanorama View Post
    you can keep the vehicles, i for one think its a waiste of valuable resources. the compound bow would be good. new zeds and water that looks and acts like water would be good. but as far as im concerned i would love the engine update over any content, itll make the effects smoother and many other things. i cant see the point in electricty and some of the crazy OP traps.
    I agree. I'd be happier with less pudding brown water, smoother effects, and hopefully the updated engine will minimize, if not eliminate, the save lagging.New zombies and weapons like the compound bow would be great. I do like the lights we currently have access to, but I'm not sure what affect electricity will have on the game processes. So not in a hurry to get those. Plus, from videos I have seen on YouTube, electrical traps are a serious issue with frame rate drops on PC. Hate to see what that would be like on console.

Refugee

Not releasing updated details is common to many games

I also play Friday the 13th the game and like 7 days to die the game is far from finished. But the developers of that game withhold a lot of information because you never want to make a promise you can not keep. They just ran into copyright litigation in court and had to suspend all DLC that they promised until (and if) it is resolved. Stop pushing the devs to release more info. More goes on behind the scenes then you can see. The sad part is some people accidently opened up some of the unfinished content in that game and we saw that it did work, but may never get released. Think of all the support they are going to lose with people waiting for that content and being told it may never happen even if it's functional. It's bad business to never give updates, and 7 days devs do let us know they are still working on things. But it's worst business to promise or suggest content then not deliver, whether it's intentional or not.

Refugee

Daniel wallace

Clare do u know the realise date for alpha 16 for console I'm am exsided to hear about it hope to find out when it launch so I can get a idea of how long the wait will be thank you guys so much this is my only favorite game on the market I am pleased with ur guys keep up the good work

Refugee

Update??

Ya say that you are working on it yet nothing as to when it may be released. Guess that we will have to wait years before we have anything close to what's available on pc if we get them at all.

Tracker
    We both paid only 15€ (Germany) for the game what is a good deal for us and some others guys we showed that game in order to support us. But all in all it takes four sold copies of the game to bring as much cash as a full price game along a very expensive development (especially when the game is being optimized by getting a huge engine update).

To be fair, telltale is not the developer. They got rights for the console port. The price prolly is more a reflection of that than anything else. The cost for them is porting, bugs troubleshooting, and adapting a few noncompatable systems, dlcs, and possibly future updates. They were not responsible for years and years of development costs.
    Last edited by Wjiiv; 06-15-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzimore View Post
    Ya say that you are working on it yet nothing as to when it may be released. Guess that we will have to wait years before we have anything close to what's available on pc if we get them at all.
    Dude you need to read more. Most questions have been asked and answered. Don't be lazy and expect them to give YOU answers they already gave just because YOU asked. The console was released as a completed game. Any update is just a bonus and they are not obligated. The fact that they have given many updates already shows the dedication to this project. And the console is harder to work on then PC. If they spend months on an updated feature and then test it on console, if it's not comparable then all that time was wasted trying to make YOU a better game. Read more threads, all your questions have already been answered. And try to be grateful, no one had to reply to your post ether.

Reconstructionist
    Please go back to old mining and dump the dynamic hoards, both ruined the game!

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller231 View Post
    Interesting comment. How was mining done previously and why do you feel it was better that way? And regarding the dynamic hordes, my personal take on it, I actually like the added random stress, fear it adds, not knowing when a crowd of zeds might decide to pay you a visit.

Sometimes I'll be at my base working on some upgrade and start to hear footsteps outside. Sometimes I quickly run outside and capitalize on the extra fertilizer/fat that was just hand delivered to my doorstep. Other times I might quietly crouch in the corner to make sure they don't hear/see or smell me and just hope they quietly pass through with no drama so I can get back to my upgrades. Why don't you enjoy it? Just curious...

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller231 View Post
    The mining doesn't bother me but I do miss the days of a huge horde coming to trash your base. I used to love the protracted fight; horde nights now just feel like a bit of a nuisance, rather than a threat.

Nomad
    I don't see any dynamic hoards,the hoards are just hoards.Now screamer hoards they are better. The hoards mentioned in above post are wondering hoards and are alot more fun then supposed dynamic 7 day hoards.The dynamic system doesn't deliver,sometimes good others well... I have been alive months in game no deaths and the 7 day hoard was hardly nothing. The wife and I on day 28 both never dieing got 7 zombies. We had to exit game and restart three times before we got a hoard. I see no significant difference each hoard night.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all,

Below is a message from the Console Team on the update they're currently working on.

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on the next update for 7 Days to Die on console. While the release is still scheduled for later this year, we wanted to give you an update on what's to come.

As many of you have already guessed, we are currently in the process of upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017. This is something weve been working towards for quite a while and were thrilled to finally be able to share the news with you.

But what does this mean for the game and for you, the players? Upgrading to Unity 2017 means we can fix some of the more persistent bugs in the game, as well as add features from A15 and A16 on PC.

Thank you again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch soon with more information about which features and improvements you can look forward to in Patch 14, which will launch alongside the engine upgrade.

The 7DTD Console Team

------------
    It took me asking the folks at IG to get any update at all.

They told me I should talk to TT.

Maybe you folks should do a better job of keeping this community that naively bought your alpha product as a complete game if you are upset by people voicing their concerns about issues with the game they bought.

I dunno, maybe it's past the point of diminishing returns after the poor reception of the initial console release (which was pretty clearly rushed).

But that's not the fault of people who were excited about what you were trying to do and bought your game.

I am fully aware that consoles that cost $300-400 are not PCs that cost $1,000. I think most people get that.

It's not consumers' faults that they spent $40 on a game and expected it to play as well as other games that cos $40.

Spare me the "Console is a complete game! It's just much lousier than the PC version and costs the same price!" argument.

That's obviously a bad faith argument, and it really just comes off as a "screw you" to people who can't afford high-end PCs. It's not a great look.

I appreciate the communication. That is good.

But own up to making the thing you made and selling it for the price point you decided on.

I like this game. But it seems really shortsighted to cultivate an antagonistic relationship with people who liked what you wanted to do enough to pay $40.
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 06-26-2018 at 04:03 AM. Reason: removed title