Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 17 Stream Event Coming Soon

Alpha 17 Stream Event Coming Soon

The application process for the Alpha 17 Streaming Event has closed. Thanks to all who responded.

Hi Guys,

Roland here. Our Stream Team for Alpha 17 is official and we are excited for the upcoming streaming event. Please watch this forum as well as your favorite streamers for the announcement of when the event will take place. As soon as TFP is confident that they have an acceptable release candidate the stream team members will be informed of the exact weekend it will happen. Thanks for your patience. The complete list of streamers participating in the event are listed in the next few posts. I am still processing a few applications that came in before the deadline so there will be a few more additions but it looks like a great list.

regards,

Roland

Spoiler: 
    Hey Survivalists,

Folks Alpha 17 is still in the works, but we are looking ahead at the pending experimental release. That said we are recruiting streamers for early Alpha 17 streaming. We kept early streaming on previous releases to only 4 streamers who have done an amazing job so far.

But for Alpha 17 we want to do something bigger. We know that there are many streamers out there who have played our game for their audiences and who would love to be a part of the pre-release streaming weekend. We also understand that 7 Days to Die is enjoyed by a larger international community representing several languages and picking only a handful of streamers wonít allow those fans to watch gameplay footage in their native language. To that end we are excited to announce that for Alpha 17 TFP is allowing open enrollment for early streaming.

Here are the details:

1. In order to qualify you must have as a minimum 5000 followers on Twitch and/or 5000 subscribers on YouTube.
    2. You must record an announcement to your viewers on your channel that you will be showing early footage of A17. It can be its own video or part of one of your regular episodes.
    3. You must send an email using your channelís email address to [email protected] and put ďA17 Early StreamingĒ in the subject title. In your email you must write a short explanation of why you want to stream A17 early to your viewers and include a link to the announcement video you made.
    4. Once we have verified that you are a content creator that qualifies we will add your email to a group list that will be sent the activation code for Alpha 17 on the day that the event will begin.

Clarifications

1) The announcement must be a video or a recorded clip from a stream that is posted on your channel. This is part of our verification that the video Is really from the channel it claims to be from.

2) PLEASE have the link cued up to where you make the announcement if part of a larger episodic video.

3) You must have the email you use to contact us posted on your channel. Personal emails unrelated to a specific channel will not work for obvious reasons you sly dogs.

4) I want to emphasize that this is NOT a contest or a just a selection pool. If you have the numbers you qualify. So go ahead and do the announcement and release it.

5) IMPORTANT: The activation code is simply a password to download the A17 update. It is not a steam key for the game. We are not giving the game away for free for this event. We actually want people who have played before and know what they're doing when they show A17. Get the game and play for a few weeks on A16 at the very least...

Streaming FAQ

Q: When is Alpha 17 coming out and when do the streamers get access to it.
    A: When its ready. The build is coming along fantastic but itís a pretty major overhaul, with significant work left to do. Bottom line is we donít have a development crystal ball. Projections of July are optimistic at best but we will never say never.

Q: If Iím approved by TFP to stream Alpha 17 how do I get access.
    A: We plan to send out the access codes to the qualifying streamers on the Friday before the Monday (or Tuesday if necessary) that we will release A17-experimental allowing a full weekend prior to the public release.

Q: What if I donít have 5000 but Iím super loyal and really want to stream A17 early
    A: We encourage you to do all you can to hype up and advertise your channel to get your followers/ subscriptions up to the minimum amount. If you donít reach the goal for A17, we plan to do this again for A18 and weíll welcome your participation for that event.

Q: Do you have to have a presence on both Youtube and Twitch? What if I use a different provider?
    A: You only have to have a presence on one site where we can go to your channel via your link and see your announcement as well as your viewership numbers. We chose followers on Twitch because that is the most easily publicly viewable measure. Same with subscribers on Youtube. If your alternate streaming/video publishing site has a measure of your viewership we will look at that.

Q: What if Iím a well known personality, I was in the contest last year, and you know I qualify. Do I still have to do the enrollment video?
    A: Yes, please. Part of this is building hype. We want to get the word out that A17 really is coming very soon and to get anticipation for it built to a fever pitch. Your announcement helps create it so we really want that from everyone.

Q: If the game is good enough for streamers to show it, isnít it good enough for players to play it?
    A: The version the streamers will be playing will be the same release candidate we plan for the whole community (who wish to test experimental) to get. But we have found that releasing an experimental version on a Monday is much better for us to be able to respond quickly and effectively with hotfixes and get new builds out to you that play better. The whole team isnít always available on the weekend to address showstoppers but on that Monday weíll be ready.

Q: Why are streamers getting special treatment? Didnít I pay for early access?
    A: All of our customers who have paid for early access are getting the early access that they paid for. At the same time we have to acknowledge that streamers provide a huge media benefit to the industry in todayís world. Being able to reach potentially hundreds of thousands of viewers over the weekend to get the word out that A17 is finally here is a powerful and amazing tool we wish to use. At the same time allowing the streamers to show early footage of an update that was a year in the making is something of great value to us and them. We love all of our fans and we hope you all will love the A17 update when you get to play it, but hope you understand we are running a business.

Q: What about the ďStream TeamĒ?
    A: BeardedGuysGaming, PokketNinja, Kage848, and Games4Kickz are all very talented streamers and we appreciate their participation in the big A16 experiment we created with our Stream Team. They are already qualified for the A17 Weekend Bash (You guys donít have to email in your info ) and will, Iím sure make awesome content for all their fans. The Stream Team as it was originally envisioned is no more.

Q: Does this mean no gameplay footage from Madmole?
    A: Madmole met the 5000 qualifier a long time ago so he will be recording A17 preview videos as his time permits. His number one priority, however, is getting it into your hands as soon as possible.

Q: What if I usually stream with a partner? Can my partner get access as well?
    A: Yes. We will allow qualifying streamers to include anyone they wish to join them in their stream. We want teams to be able to stream together and even want to allow channels to hold contests if they desire to let one or more of their viewers to join in. All those who receive access only have permission to have their gameplay shown on the qualifying streamer's channel. They cannot go and stream it themselves on their own channel.

Cheers Richard
    Last edited by Roland; 08-18-2018 at 05:44 AM.

Special Events

PokketNinja

During the big A17 Streaming Event, Madmole will be hanging out with PokketNinja during her stream to answer questions and chat with fans. Have you been missing interacting with the Angry Rodent? Do you crave details on art design, lighting, textures, and plans for where we go next? Make sure to check out Pokket's channel to scratch all your Madmole itches.

Friday November 16: Q&A with Madmole 8-9pm CST

Here is Pokketís discord where Madmole will be taking questions: https://discord.gg/xhmZZKw

Prime

During the big A17 Streaming Event, Prime, who is lead developer on the new quest system and the electricity system, will be streaming and will be willing to chat about quests and other features of 7 Days to Die. Kinyajuu will also be there-- as well as a few other surprise guests from the development team. Be sure to check out Prime's channel during the weekend for some "prime" source information about the game you won't get anywhere else!
    Details on times will come once the actual event dates are known.

QA TEAM

Twigg, Wretched Dollie, and Kumquat from the QA Team will be doing a special stream event during the weekend where they will talk about their experience testing and talk about the changes in A17. These guys know the ins and outs of A17 and are expert players of 7 Days to Die. If you are looking for information and good gameplay be sure to tune in here!

Friday: From Release until the wee hours
    Saturday - Sunday: Off and on throughout. Check the link often!

Testers will monitor this discord channel to take questions: https://discord.gg/X47ZQqK
    Last edited by Roland; 2 Days Ago at 11:27 PM.

Qualifying Media Content Creators

Here is our list of streamers that will be showing A17 early.

AzzaFortysix --> Australia, English

Danu Thuata --> Austria, German

Lhynns Gaming --> Belgium, French

2HandGaming --> Bosnia, English

O Abel Joga --> Brazil, Portuguese

Brae Lynnx --> Canada, English
    GameEdged --> Canada, English
    Skippy0330 --> Canada, English
    Team Ryan --> Canada, English
    xSgtPepperx --> Canada, English

J.C.'s Channel --> Chile, English

El Gui Gui --> France, French
    Staf_52 --> France, French

Coyaletsplay --> Germany, German
    Gerrit --> Germany, German
    Mr Helm --> Germany, German
    RoLaBeKa --> Germany, German
    Strong Company --> Germany, German
    Valcry --> Germany, German
    Zombyra --> Germany, German

Games4kickz --> Ireland, English

Gameplay Channel --> Italy, Italian

iihito jyanai--> Japan, Japanese
    Isoroku --> Japan, Japanese
    Matthew --> Japan, Japanese
    Merci Games --> Japan, Japanese
    Rabi William --> Japan, Japanese
    Rokugen san --> Japan, Japanese
    ryo1 game --> Japan, Japanese
    Sesika --> Japan, Japanese
    Yukkuri com san --> Japan, Japanese

Squal --> Kasakhstan, Russian

Kornelius Briedis --> Latvia, English

Shinydo --> Moldova, Russian

Vechs --> New Zealand, English

Lokbatch --> Norway, English
    SparkleGG --> Norway, English

Kagaminium --> Poland, Polish
    MarekMoowi --> Poland, Polish
    Rizzer --> Poland, Polish
    Stalker --> Poland, Polish

Cisternocefal --> Russia, Russian
    FoxMurderPlay --> Russia, Russian
    Kaktyc --> Russia, Russian
    Knock-Knock --> Russia, Russian
    Krabo Land Games --> Russia, Russian
    Ray Anor --> Russia, Russian

Zaffa Geek --> South Africa, English

Buck Ferndandez --> Spain, Spanish
    Krino Games --> Spain, Spanish
    Menos Trece --> Spain, Spanish
    Psiko 9000 --> Spain, Spanish
    R4pela Games --> Spain, Spanish

Jonah Birch --> Sweden, English

2G Review --> Thailand, Thai

BoredGamer --> UK, English
    DatFailGamur --> UK, English
    DreadHeadEd --> UK, English
    FuzzyFreaks --> UK, English
    Grumbul --> UK, English
    H3dsh0t --> UK, English
    HixxyDubz --> UK, English
    Matrixis --> UK, English
    Reninsane --> UK, English
    Max Fox --> UK, English
    W92Baj --> UK, English

Alex_D20 --> Ukraine, Ukrainian
    Fresh Games --> Ukraine, Russian
    Germanarih Games --> Ukraine, Russian
    Slavik Odessit --> Ukraine, Russian
    Survager --> Ukraine, Russian
    Teror2 --> Ukraine, Russian
    Last edited by Roland; 2 Days Ago at 06:43 AM.

Anthony_B1 --> USA West, English
    AznElite123 --> USA, English
    Bacon Creepy --> USA, English
    Banlish --> USA, English
    Blitzfire911 --> USA, English
    Capp00 --> USA Central, English
    Casketman20 --> USA Central, English
    Cbthagreat --> USA East, English
    Chiefy --> USA West, English
    Cuda87 --> USA, English
    dasMEHDI --> USA East, English
    DeamonMachine --> USA, English
    Descender --> USA, English
    DianddraD --> USA East, English
    Dragoness_ --> USA Central, English
    Galucia081 --> USA, English
    Game Society --> USA, English
    Glock9 --> USA, English
    Grand Spartan --> USA, English
    GunninGamerz --> USA, English
    Headwound --> USA West, English
    iJevin --> USA, English
    iluvatar_402 --> USA Central, English
    JadedzUzi --> USA Central, English
    Jermanfu --> USA East, English
    Justin Dion --> USA, English
    Kage848 --> USA, English
    kic Gaming --> USA West, English
    Kismet --> USA EAST, English
    LMG --> USA, English
    Loafy Molasses --> USA, English
    Midnight Designer --> USA East, English
    Mistermoose --> USA Central, English
    MistrFister --> USA, English
    Mountain Man --> USA West, English
    MSgt Porkins --> USA, English
    MyUsualMe --> USA East, English
    Neebs Gaming -->USA, English
    Orangesherbet --> USA West, English
    PapaNox --> USA East, English
    PartiallyRoyal --> USA, English
    ShadowFox --> USA, English
    Starsnipe --> USA Central, English
    TexCubSF --> USA West, English
    TomGirlGamer --> USA, English
    uss_sully --> USA, English
    VegetarianZombie --> USA East, English
    Last edited by Roland; 08-10-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Very classy way of doing it this time around. Color me impressed. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hence my reserved spot. I’ll be generating a list with links to sites.

Also, I’d love to see you make it so I’ll go subscribe right now!
    Ah I guess that makes sense, as to why it was reserved! As being in APAC, it was tougher to catch the US/Europe based streamers last time, timings are too far off

Appreciate the sub, but at 2k, I'm unlikely to get another 3k for A17! But I can aim for A18

/V
    Last edited by Vedui; 06-24-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Ranger
    Email has been sent.

Q. Is this for "Streaming" only, as in a live stream, or those of us that just make a ton of videos and have a large audience, can we be accepted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Capp00 View Post
    Email has been sent.

Q. Is this for "Streaming" only, as in a live stream, or those of us that just make a ton of videos and have a large audience, can we be accepted to?
    Itís for either publishing videos or for live streaming or both.

Ranger
    It’s for either publishing videos or for live streaming or both.
    Thank you very much!

Bravo rick on the FAQ. I foresee hilter being less angry in the next "Hilter finds out video..." 😁

Refugee

ugh....

Being that I'm FAR below the threshold, I'm not going to qualify. I'm only at 73 followers.

HYPE

Q. So I just saw this and got super excited! I am a full time streamer on Twitch with well over 5K followers so in a hurry I sent an email. Just after I read about the link to the announcement. I must admit I do not understand this part. Am I suppose to tell my viewers I have already gotten a spot for the early access pass and then maybe not get it and disappoint them?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkleGG View Post
    Q. So I just saw this and got super excited! I am a full time streamer on Twitch with well over 5K followers so in a hurry I sent an email. Just after I read about the link to the announcement. I must admit I do not understand this part. Am I suppose to tell my viewers I have already gotten a spot for the early access pass and then maybe not get it and disappoint them?
    If you have over 5k followers you will qualify. Itís the only criteria. So do the announcement and resend the email. Make sure to read the clarifications above.
    Last edited by Roland; 06-22-2018 at 06:48 PM.

If you have over 5k followers you will qualify. Itís the only criteria. So do the announcement and resend the email. Make sure to read the clarifications above.
    Oh ok! Thank you so much! English second language here :P

Quote Originally Posted by SparkleGG View Post
    Oh ok! Thank you so much! English second language here :P
    Great! Reaching out to other languages was one of the main reasons we wanted to do it this way. We hope your viewers have a great time that weekend.