Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prep for bike retrieval mission?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcu View Post
    give up on the bike, youre not getting it back lol. I had a somewhat similar situation recently. SO i went into the wasteland just to explore the map more, i stuck to the road until i came to the radeoactive area. At this point i TRIED to follow a trail that went off of the road and fail miserably as a iran over a mine and died. I respawned and immediately walked on foot to go get my bike and backpack (I was looting as i was exploring and my bike and backpack were full) As soon as i got back to the area i was welcomed by a few dogs and killed ... again! So i respwaned again and made another mini bike this time. Got all the way back to where i died again and and DIED AGAIN!!!! This time i was attacked by an entire pack of dogs. SO i gave up trying to get my stuff back, i lost a ton of ammo and just random crafting items. they really need to do something about the wastelands

Dang dude that sucks. But guess you missed his post that he was able to get his back lol.

Refugee
    On my current game, my only death came at the hands of the infamous borders. The damn road in the town clipped into the border without my recognizing it. Without warning, ended up driving straight into the border and proceeded to die in a feeble attempt to get the bike back. But I learned in previous games that when you lose a bike to a border or wasteland biome, (which happened to be both issues with this bike), always place a bedroll down on the outskirts just incase.

But I've also learned to use the cars to your advantage in the wastelands. As I ran back toward my bike, I made use of every car by jumping onto them and scouting ahead. Even when dogs spawned without warning, couldn't touch me. Of course by this time, I had a spare smg at my base, so I run and gun it. But using cars, at least in my opinion is beyond invaluable in that biome.

Colony Founder
    If you come across a town or city that is half and half on the boarder it is easy to go across and not know it. One seed I did had a 2nd hub city on the edge and I was going around it to fill in the map and such and one corner was about 1 block deep and the other corner was about 3 blocks deep on the other side. I barely got back out but my friend died.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jysen View Post
    On my current game, my only death came at the hands of the infamous borders. The damn road in the town clipped into the border without my recognizing it. Without warning, ended up driving straight into the border and proceeded to die in a feeble attempt to get the bike back. But I learned in previous games that when you lose a bike to a border or wasteland biome, (which happened to be both issues with this bike), always place a bedroll down on the outskirts just incase.

But I've also learned to use the cars to your advantage in the wastelands. As I ran back toward my bike, I made use of every car by jumping onto them and scouting ahead. Even when dogs spawned without warning, couldn't touch me. Of course by this time, I had a spare smg at my base, so I run and gun it. But using cars, at least in my opinion is beyond invaluable in that biome.
    Great tip! I've jumped on cars a few times, a trick I learned in Dead Island, but never thought to use them as lookout stations. Protection from dogs is a tremendous benefit.

Ugh....driving into the radiation zone...Ive done this a time or two in my early days of playing. Good times!!

The jumping on cars is a good early game tactic but do that with caution. A dog or a zombie or two is ok but any more than that and they can easily blow the car up while your fending them off.
    Instant death baby!!
    Last edited by Outlaw_187; 07-12-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Tracker
    If youíre really worried about the dogs make barb wire fences which will stop them dead in their tracks. Works on bears and ferals as well. Also crouching allows you to hit the dogs hit box easier.

as for your bike maybe itís better off where it is . When I first started playing I was on the nav map and rode mine down the road and into the radiation zone. Of course I didnít realize that I until I dropped dead. I died 12 times getting that bike back out. Felt good. Then I blew it up. Good luck.

Colony Founder
    Back on the first page he said he already got it. So really this topic is over unless you want to share helpful hints to others that might have similar problems. But really would make a new thread with a different title name so people are not confused.

It's still relevant with other peoples tricks and stories. I'm sure there are still noobs out there who will come across this thread who are in or have been in a similar issue, like you said.
    I know it brings back fond memories of my noobness, lol.
    Last edited by Outlaw_187; 07-17-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Refugee
    I miss Dead Island. Despite a very bland/expected story line, the gameplay was so much fun. Completely made up for the story with all the different mods.

I do try to break down most cars in the wastelands, seeing I have little desire to ever return to them aside passing through if need be, but I do try to keep a few always around on the main road for safe travels.

I use the same ideology with wooden frames when crossing actual wasteland. I make a path of frames from car to car and the elevation has been successful, so far. But I've also dug tunnels to treasure chests/ air drops to avoid blowing up. The only issue was making sure I stayed under 3 layers or more to avoid some bad encounters lol.