Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 556 to 570 of 570

Thread: [07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

  1. #556
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    So you want to read between then lines and pull out every negative you can in the statements that have been shared and take it how YOU see want to see it and believe the console is done. But then you don't want to read clearly what someone else says and want to push a agenda that is still negative towards others.

    I never said anything about having hopes that TT will finish the game. I just said we don't know and that is based because of the statement they released saying they will continue to work on contracts they still have. I have no clue if 7 days is one of the contracts or not but it really doesn't matter as I got a great game on the console and looks as if I still have a great game on PC that TFP are doing a great job on.

    Maybe read between the lines the other way. We all know console version isn't going to match 100% to PC version. So maybe that is why it reads all platforms that they can, meaning if console can't get anymore updates then it will be done but what we do know is it can at least handle one more. They also console is not being abandoned. Now you can put together as you wish and pull out any negative you wish out of it but if you are that sure of yourself that the console is finished then why are you here?
    I am here for that slim hope that we will at least get clear confirmation one way or the other. Or at least some clear statement indicating intent beyond what little we have which is a stretch for the way information had been handled for this game.

    I am sorry if I'm finding the negative in the situation, but at some point we have to face facts based on what we know, which is honestly not much. What I do know a lot about, more than I'd like to admit, is phrasing things in order to cover one's own backside. It's what I've picked up on within the information provided.

    We dont know how far along this update was before any of this happened, at least not beyond the UI. We dont know how far in advance Iron Galaxy was paid if at all. What we do know is that Telltale is not paying anyone after declaring bankruptcy. That's the entire point of that move. Without money, they simply cannot pay a developer. There is no way they can finish publishing contracts. I am not just pulling the negatives when I say that TTG is not finishing this update.

    I am sorry for my negativity, but without more information, I just don't see any positive outcomes.

  2. #557
    Inventor Outlaw_187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Navezgane, Ohio
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    1
    You guys are both right. They have been somewhat vague on their posts but like you said nootcaase, they kinda have to so they aren't "commiting" to anything, thus covering their own rears.

    I'm sure even to them it's still up in the air wether they can regain the rights or not or how long this can take.
    However like crazywildfire says, we just gotta stay positive & trust Richard when he says we are not being abandoned, he is afterall the other Huenink (hope i'm at least close on spelling) brother involved with the creation of this game on pc.
    His statement has to mean they are at least trying for us.

    We are still paying customers who can by word of mouth spread the news to go buy this game or to stay the hell away from it.
    Just gotta hold on to that hope. Play some Journey..."Don't stop...believin..." lol

  3. #558
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Provence, France
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    ...Telltale is not paying anyone after declaring bankruptcy....
    Not 100% sure about this, didn't found any evidence or bankruptcy filling.
    But I found some websites like this one telling using the word "bankruptcy" was an error.
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/rep...hings-canceled
    Correction [1:28pm PT]: An earlier report said that Telltale filed for bankruptcy. Sources say that 'bankrupcty' was mentioned. We regret the error.
    Anyway, just for your information, doesn't change anything for 7DTD.

    EDIT :
    I understand what TTG did.
    In France, firing all or nearly all employees while running short on cash is common for a company in order to avoid filling for bankruptcy.
    Many companies in France does not have any financial backup, so in order to avoid bankruptcy, extreme actions are done in order to minimize the expenses.
    I simply think TTG is in this case, and tries to avoid bankruptcy, whatever the reason.
    Last edited by irjvik; 5 Days Ago at 07:40 AM.

  4. #559
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    1
    I don't see what it matters really if they did or didn't. Still doesn't change the fact that we don't have a clue what is going on besides speculations. How does one know that they do or don't have a separate financial system for outside companies? So if they was to file bankruptcy the outside company is still safe and such. I have no clue and neither does anyone else here. I have seen people file bankruptcy and not lose everything and not even touch a dime in the bank accounts. They do have different kinds of bankruptcy so even if they did do we know how they filed? No we don't, so we can speculate all day every day but until someone that matters comes along that is all it is just speculation. So be negative all you wish or be positive but as I said before and this isn't really towards the one being negative but towards those that are negative and say they are done. If you are done see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out nobody here cares.

  5. #560
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    Not 100% sure about this, didn't found any evidence or bankruptcy filling.
    But I found some websites like this one telling using the word "bankruptcy" was an error.
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/rep...hings-canceled


    Anyway, just for your information, doesn't change anything for 7DTD.

    EDIT :
    I understand what TTG did.
    In France, firing all or nearly all employees while running short on cash is common for a company in order to avoid filling for bankruptcy.
    Many companies in France does not have any financial backup, so in order to avoid bankruptcy, extreme actions are done in order to minimize the expenses.
    I simply think TTG is in this case, and tries to avoid bankruptcy, whatever the reason.
    Apologies. I had heard bankruptcy at some point hadn't realized it was an error.

  6. #561
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    I don't see what it matters really if they did or didn't. Still doesn't change the fact that we don't have a clue what is going on besides speculations. How does one know that they do or don't have a separate financial system for outside companies? So if they was to file bankruptcy the outside company is still safe and such. I have no clue and neither does anyone else here. I have seen people file bankruptcy and not lose everything and not even touch a dime in the bank accounts. They do have different kinds of bankruptcy so even if they did do we know how they filed? No we don't, so we can speculate all day every day but until someone that matters comes along that is all it is just speculation. So be negative all you wish or be positive but as I said before and this isn't really towards the one being negative but towards those that are negative and say they are done. If you are done see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out nobody here cares.
    Let me say this one last time. TELLTALE IS NOT FINISHING THIS GAME. The importance of a random indie title in the grand scheme if their current situation is low beyond getting money to pay their own people. The contracts they have to work are the contracts they have for THEIR OWN WORKERS.

    The only way this version of this game is going to be finished with with another publisher. If you want to cut negarivity. Out of the forums and out of this situation, then you need to grow up. The entire situation is negative. The entire handling of the situation has been negative. You want live under rainbows and sunshine fine. You'll be the one even more disappointed when things don't work out they way you expect.

  7. #562
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    Let me say this one last time. TELLTALE IS NOT FINISHING THIS GAME. The importance of a random indie title in the grand scheme if their current situation is low beyond getting money to pay their own people. The contracts they have to work are the contracts they have for THEIR OWN WORKERS.

    The only way this version of this game is going to be finished with with another publisher. If you want to cut negarivity. Out of the forums and out of this situation, then you need to grow up. The entire situation is negative. The entire handling of the situation has been negative. You want live under rainbows and sunshine fine. You'll be the one even more disappointed when things don't work out they way you expect.
    Lmao just because you are negative person and only want to see things one way that is all on you bruv. Just because someone looks at things in a positive way doesn't mean they get disappointed when something doesn't happen a specific way. Someone can have a positive attitude and still not be let down on things just because you don't know how to that doesn't mean it can't be done. Seems like with that negative attitude you got you still only reading what you wish to out everything and get all bent out of shape. Hope that works out for you because update or not I'm happy and good where I'm at.
    Last edited by crazywildfire; 5 Days Ago at 03:29 PM.

  8. #563
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    Lmao just because you are negative person and only want to see things one way that is all on you bruv. Just because someone looks at things in a positive way doesn't mean they get disappointed when something doesn't happen a specific way. Someone can have a positive attitude and still not be let down on things just because you don't know how to that doesn't mean it can't be done. Seems like with that negative attitude you got you still only reading what you wish to out everything and get all bent out of shape. Hope that works out for you because update or not I'm happy and good where I'm at.
    Good luck keeping hold of the this life. Keep in mind, with the little bit of info we have, any view of what is going to happen is reading things they way we want. Positive or negative.

  9. #564
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    Good luck keeping hold of the this life. Keep in mind, with the little bit of info we have, any view of what is going to happen is reading things they way we want. Positive or negative.
    Been doing a great job 36 years of my life. But thanks for your concerns.

  10. #565
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    The point was that even Minecraft does not allow both split screen and online multiplayer at the same time online with other people outside the one console.
    You are 100% WRONG by the way. The point is, Minecraft DOES allow split-screen and online play. I've done it before, do I need to post a picture to prove you wrong because I very well can.
    Also, that would be why there is a MINIGAMES option of play which, by the way, you can play with 4 PEOPLE SPLIT-SCREEN, ONLINE so dude, try again, and make sure you check your sources against me! Try playing the game yourself even.

    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Online Splitscreen can only be played using Gold and Guest accounts. Guest accounts can only be signed in at the start of a session; they cannot join existing sessions. They can only be an Xbox Live account. So it is rather limited.
    So you are only looking at crappy xbox and their side of things? We Playstation users don't have "Gold accounts" they are called Ps Plus which you stated nothing about. I'm not sure what crap Xbox can't do, but Playstation can play multiplayer split-screen online. CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU TALK TO ME because you sound very uneducated about the subject at hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    The point was that Ark does not allow either split-screen play, or split-screen with online play at the same time. You apparently missed this point entirely. The comment you are quoting is about Split screen with joining other online at the same time.
    I have played Ark split-screen with my girlfriend and online with my sister in another room, on another PS4 system completely. So it IS very well possible. I read the comment I was quoting thoroughly I know how games work bud, do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    It looks a hell of a lot better when you actually know what you're talking about when you're replying to people on the forum. From the looks of things, you don't even know what you're replying to because you didn't bother to actually read the context.
    Who has a pie in the face now? (btw, the cake is a lie...)
    Yes it does look good when you know what you are talking about. Maybe YOU should try it sometime.
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 4 Days Ago at 10:45 AM.

  11. #566
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    I appreciate your response, however, if you look back to the initial post and the subsequent responses, you will find that what was being asked for was not just multiplayer. They were asking for split screen and online at the same time. You asked about other games, that while they do both offer multiplayer options, they do not allow split screen access while playing online.
    Sorry to say this, but you're wrong, dude. The games I mentioned do allow split-screen and online play at the same time. Sure maybe with some limitations, but it still works and is there. Thanks for your response, but I know what I am talking about and you are wrong.

  12. #567
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Is this update ever gunna happen or should i just delete the game?

  13. #568
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,673
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzz87 View Post
    Is this update ever gunna happen or should i just delete the game?
    They have said it will happen but they need to sort out the rights with Telltale first. There is no current timescale.

  14. #569
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Damselx1 View Post
    They have said it will happen but they need to sort out the rights with Telltale first. There is no current timescale.
    Some updates would be nice on the progress of the game

  15. #570
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,673
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzz87 View Post
    Some updates would be nice on the progress of the game
    It would, but until they sort everything out, they won't be able to do so. All that's been said is that the update will happen and a significant amount of work has been done on it already. We just have to be patient.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •