Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: [07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    So you want to read between then lines and pull out every negative you can in the statements that have been shared and take it how YOU see want to see it and believe the console is done. But then you don't want to read clearly what someone else says and want to push a agenda that is still negative towards others.

I never said anything about having hopes that TT will finish the game. I just said we don't know and that is based because of the statement they released saying they will continue to work on contracts they still have. I have no clue if 7 days is one of the contracts or not but it really doesn't matter as I got a great game on the console and looks as if I still have a great game on PC that TFP are doing a great job on.

Maybe read between the lines the other way. We all know console version isn't going to match 100% to PC version. So maybe that is why it reads all platforms that they can, meaning if console can't get anymore updates then it will be done but what we do know is it can at least handle one more. They also console is not being abandoned. Now you can put together as you wish and pull out any negative you wish out of it but if you are that sure of yourself that the console is finished then why are you here?
    I am here for that slim hope that we will at least get clear confirmation one way or the other. Or at least some clear statement indicating intent beyond what little we have which is a stretch for the way information had been handled for this game.

I am sorry if I'm finding the negative in the situation, but at some point we have to face facts based on what we know, which is honestly not much. What I do know a lot about, more than I'd like to admit, is phrasing things in order to cover one's own backside. It's what I've picked up on within the information provided.

We dont know how far along this update was before any of this happened, at least not beyond the UI. We dont know how far in advance Iron Galaxy was paid if at all. What we do know is that Telltale is not paying anyone after declaring bankruptcy. That's the entire point of that move. Without money, they simply cannot pay a developer. There is no way they can finish publishing contracts. I am not just pulling the negatives when I say that TTG is not finishing this update.

I am sorry for my negativity, but without more information, I just don't see any positive outcomes.

You guys are both right. They have been somewhat vague on their posts but like you said nootcaase, they kinda have to so they aren't "commiting" to anything, thus covering their own rears.

I'm sure even to them it's still up in the air wether they can regain the rights or not or how long this can take.
    However like crazywildfire says, we just gotta stay positive & trust Richard when he says we are not being abandoned, he is afterall the other Huenink (hope i'm at least close on spelling) brother involved with the creation of this game on pc.
    His statement has to mean they are at least trying for us.

We are still paying customers who can by word of mouth spread the news to go buy this game or to stay the hell away from it.
    Just gotta hold on to that hope. Play some Journey..."Don't stop...believin..." lol

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    ...Telltale is not paying anyone after declaring bankruptcy....
    Not 100% sure about this, didn't found any evidence or bankruptcy filling.
    But I found some websites like this one telling using the word "bankruptcy" was an error.
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/rep...hings-canceled
    Correction [1:28pm PT]: An earlier report said that Telltale filed for bankruptcy. Sources say that 'bankrupcty' was mentioned. We regret the error.
    Anyway, just for your information, doesn't change anything for 7DTD.

EDIT :
    I understand what TTG did.
    In France, firing all or nearly all employees while running short on cash is common for a company in order to avoid filling for bankruptcy.
    Many companies in France does not have any financial backup, so in order to avoid bankruptcy, extreme actions are done in order to minimize the expenses.
    I simply think TTG is in this case, and tries to avoid bankruptcy, whatever the reason.
    Last edited by irjvik; 15 Hours Ago at 07:40 AM.

Colony Founder
    I don't see what it matters really if they did or didn't. Still doesn't change the fact that we don't have a clue what is going on besides speculations. How does one know that they do or don't have a separate financial system for outside companies? So if they was to file bankruptcy the outside company is still safe and such. I have no clue and neither does anyone else here. I have seen people file bankruptcy and not lose everything and not even touch a dime in the bank accounts. They do have different kinds of bankruptcy so even if they did do we know how they filed? No we don't, so we can speculate all day every day but until someone that matters comes along that is all it is just speculation. So be negative all you wish or be positive but as I said before and this isn't really towards the one being negative but towards those that are negative and say they are done. If you are done see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out nobody here cares.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    Not 100% sure about this, didn't found any evidence or bankruptcy filling.
    But I found some websites like this one telling using the word "bankruptcy" was an error.
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/rep...hings-canceled

Anyway, just for your information, doesn't change anything for 7DTD.

EDIT :
    I understand what TTG did.
    In France, firing all or nearly all employees while running short on cash is common for a company in order to avoid filling for bankruptcy.
    Many companies in France does not have any financial backup, so in order to avoid bankruptcy, extreme actions are done in order to minimize the expenses.
    I simply think TTG is in this case, and tries to avoid bankruptcy, whatever the reason.
    Apologies. I had heard bankruptcy at some point hadn't realized it was an error.

Inventor
    I don't see what it matters really if they did or didn't. Still doesn't change the fact that we don't have a clue what is going on besides speculations. How does one know that they do or don't have a separate financial system for outside companies? So if they was to file bankruptcy the outside company is still safe and such. I have no clue and neither does anyone else here. I have seen people file bankruptcy and not lose everything and not even touch a dime in the bank accounts. They do have different kinds of bankruptcy so even if they did do we know how they filed? No we don't, so we can speculate all day every day but until someone that matters comes along that is all it is just speculation. So be negative all you wish or be positive but as I said before and this isn't really towards the one being negative but towards those that are negative and say they are done. If you are done see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out nobody here cares.
    Let me say this one last time. TELLTALE IS NOT FINISHING THIS GAME. The importance of a random indie title in the grand scheme if their current situation is low beyond getting money to pay their own people. The contracts they have to work are the contracts they have for THEIR OWN WORKERS.

The only way this version of this game is going to be finished with with another publisher. If you want to cut negarivity. Out of the forums and out of this situation, then you need to grow up. The entire situation is negative. The entire handling of the situation has been negative. You want live under rainbows and sunshine fine. You'll be the one even more disappointed when things don't work out they way you expect.

Colony Founder
    Let me say this one last time. TELLTALE IS NOT FINISHING THIS GAME. The importance of a random indie title in the grand scheme if their current situation is low beyond getting money to pay their own people. The contracts they have to work are the contracts they have for THEIR OWN WORKERS.

The only way this version of this game is going to be finished with with another publisher. If you want to cut negarivity. Out of the forums and out of this situation, then you need to grow up. The entire situation is negative. The entire handling of the situation has been negative. You want live under rainbows and sunshine fine. You'll be the one even more disappointed when things don't work out they way you expect.
    Lmao just because you are negative person and only want to see things one way that is all on you bruv. Just because someone looks at things in a positive way doesn't mean they get disappointed when something doesn't happen a specific way. Someone can have a positive attitude and still not be let down on things just because you don't know how to that doesn't mean it can't be done. Seems like with that negative attitude you got you still only reading what you wish to out everything and get all bent out of shape. Hope that works out for you because update or not I'm happy and good where I'm at.
    Last edited by crazywildfire; 7 Hours Ago at 03:29 PM.

Inventor
    Lmao just because you are negative person and only want to see things one way that is all on you bruv. Just because someone looks at things in a positive way doesn't mean they get disappointed when something doesn't happen a specific way. Someone can have a positive attitude and still not be let down on things just because you don't know how to that doesn't mean it can't be done. Seems like with that negative attitude you got you still only reading what you wish to out everything and get all bent out of shape. Hope that works out for you because update or not I'm happy and good where I'm at.
    Good luck keeping hold of the this life. Keep in mind, with the little bit of info we have, any view of what is going to happen is reading things they way we want. Positive or negative.

Colony Founder
    Good luck keeping hold of the this life. Keep in mind, with the little bit of info we have, any view of what is going to happen is reading things they way we want. Positive or negative.
    Been doing a great job 36 years of my life. But thanks for your concerns.