Thread: First aid kit not working when bleeding out

Survivor

First aid kit not working when bleeding out

I was looting a hardware store in a town when a mini horde decided to roll though. I went outside to take care of them and got hit. I started bleeding out. So I ran a bit away from the horde and used a first aid kit. I heard the sound it makes when you use it and it took 1 from my inventory, but I didn't stop bleeding out or gain any health. I used another one and it worked as intended. When finishing off the last of them I started bleeding out again and used a first aid kit and it didn't work again. It was the last one I had on me so I bled out and died.

I am 100% sure that when I used the first aid kit I wasn't near a zombie or anything that could cause cause me to bleed out.

I know if you use almost any medical item and move almost immediately it will not function properly. So - if you open your inventory click on it and use it and then quickly close your inventory and move... Then its one wasted. Yes you will hear the sound and you may or may not get healing and the other desired effects.

unfortunately this is an old bug (I reported that bug on A13). Any action like change weapon, quick open/close inventory or jumping in the minibike when the first aid/bandage animation isn't finished it's a item wasted. The same happens with food/liquids (any consumable item on the game)