Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

Turn off reflections.

I cant do anything about the blocks at this stage. We dont have access to the array. Would need to rebuild the entire array. (Im not willing to do this yet - lots of work - and the new block textures arent all bad either ).

The other is the sleeper volumes in POI's.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    D, have you talked to sphereii about patching, rather than replacing the asset files? Might could separate the mod into sections more then.

Not yet no.

It would save massively in terms of download size in relation to resources/blocks files but ultimately depends how much work would be involved on the users end.

I didnt realise the TFP had added all the ores back in to more than just the 2 textures. My Mistake. Sorry to make you all download something again so soon.

I have updated the terrain textures to resolve this and also rebuilt each of those projects in unity. They are slightly sharper now than before, particularly 4K.

I wont update the main files for this version/hotfix on nexus, so if you are a new user downloading, please grab the appropriate main file, install, then patch with the fixed terrain bundles (separate download) in the same method.

Launcher is also updated so you should get the new bundle magically.

Install this bundle as usual.

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUS
    DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 4K
    DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 2K
    Also Available on Sphereii's Launcher

LOL minings so much better now....

Vanilla https://i.imgur.com/oEW0XhR.jpg

HDHQ (pre ore patch) https://i.imgur.com/MmVgHY6.jpg

Scavenger
    Hello and happy new years guys!
    I saw in last episode of G4K the wonder of your work and I'd loved to use all but the trees, not personnally like the palm and what replaced pine forest so here it is:
    how could I change it to not use tree and biome of pine forest but keep everything else? I'm not a total moron and know how to make change and find in xml files
    thanks in advance and wonderfull work you've made here!

So you want everything (all the other biomes etc) but NOT the new swamp forest?

Hunter
    Hi Dust2death, everything on A17 is looking great
    Thought to mention this as I'm unsure if this a vanilla issue with the uneven sand I dug down one block, ends up looking like this, on the left is untouched 1 block up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like there is a desert wall block nearby/blending.

Ive often seen the same thing in vanilla but its less noticeable. Usually disappears when you take out the next row, or turns into that block below.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    So you want everything (all the other biomes etc) but NOT the new swamp forest?
    yep sorry I know I'm a liability
    I love all other but I don't know why it looks strange for me those trees in swamp forest, terrain is nice but biome looks too junguly for me

Quote Originally Posted by the_kramer View Post
    I love all other but I don't know why it looks strange for me those trees in swamp forest, terrain is nice but biome looks too junguly for me
    Loving the new textures game looks amazing now , maybe it would be easier for you if there were different versions on the launcher i.e Full Overhaul, Textures only and perhaps ways people can mix and match if they want the new biomes and trees ??

Some like the new trees some don't and personal choices vary so much when a game overhaul is presented and sometimes peoples thoughts on changes are heavily based on what they already have got used to.

Could the new biomes and trees be done as optional modlets ?
    Last edited by Ragsy 2145; 01-02-2019 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Typos doh

Quote Originally Posted by the_kramer View Post
    Thats fine. in biomes.xml find these lines under pine forest.

Code:
      <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L1" prob ="0.1" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L2" prob ="0.05" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_P1" prob ="0.04" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M1" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M2" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D1" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D2" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D3" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D4" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
    replace with

Code:
    <decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadShrub" prob="0.01" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeJuniper4m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine12m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine19m" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine27m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine31m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPineDry21m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine41m" prob="0.004" rotatemax="7"/>
    <decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakLrg01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed02" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeFirLrg01" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine48m" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>
    Then you will need to go and find these blocks ^ above in blocks.xml and change their meshfile entry to match that of vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsy 2145 View Post
    Loving the new textures game looks amazing now , maybe it would be easier for you if there were different versions on the launcher i.e Full Overhaul, Textures only and perhaps ways people can mix and match if they want the new biomes and trees ??

Some like the new trees some don't and personal choices vary so much when a game overhaul is presented and sometimes peoples thoughts on changes are heavily based on what they already have got used to.

Could the new biomes and trees be done as optional modlets ?
    I understand. They will be in the next update.

Thanks for your work on this mod, its awesome. Keep up the good work.

not sure if anyone has reported this the silencer of your colored pistol and smg are showing incorrectly.

251570_screenshots_20190101120229_1.jpg

251570_screenshots_20190101120236_1.jpg
    Last edited by Seal77; 01-02-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Scavenger
    Thats fine. in biomes.xml find these lines under pine forest.

Code:
      <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L1" prob ="0.1" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L2" prob ="0.05" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_P1" prob ="0.04" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M1" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M2" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D1" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D2" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D3" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
          <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D4" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
    replace with

Code:
    <decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadShrub" prob="0.01" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeJuniper4m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine12m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine19m" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine27m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine31m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPineDry21m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine41m" prob="0.004" rotatemax="7"/>
    <decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakLrg01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed02" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeFirLrg01" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>
    			<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine48m" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>
    Then you will need to go and find these blocks ^ above in blocks.xml and change their meshfile entry to match that of vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand. They will be in the next update.
    Thank you very much kind Sir!
    worked perfectly and have pine forest with a few of your trees poping randomly
    I changed also the prob from 0.2 to 0.05 in snow because it was a little too dense for me
    but, probably because it's existing save, some tree are 1 shot cut, they have 1/1200 health

Anyway what a great work done! TFP should hire you to optimise those ugly graphics and colors for A18!!!

I didnt realise the TFP had added all the ores back in to more than just the 2 textures. My Mistake. Sorry to make you all download something again so soon.

I have updated the terrain textures to resolve this and also rebuilt each of those projects in unity. They are slightly sharper now than before, particularly 4K.

I wont update the main files for this version/hotfix on nexus, so if you are a new user downloading, please grab the appropriate main file, install, then patch with the fixed terrain bundles (separate download) in the same method.

Launcher is also updated so you should get the new bundle magically.

Install this bundle as usual.

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUS
    DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 4K
    DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 2K
    Also Available on Sphereii's Launcher
    Thanks for the update DUST2DEATH.

I made a detailed feedback post but the forum just kicked me out. So, second time around...

The small palms in the forest and dense grass that I initially found to be a little too green and overwhelming, I am now very comfortable with. I made some small changes in the biome.xml and now, I love it. If not for the palms, it reminds me greatly of footage I've seen of the area around Chernobyl after nature began to take it back. Especially around towns.

The wasteland texture, which I found a little too clean initially, fearing it would show mines and dogs too clearly... well, three attacks and one explosion later... and... the little masochistic in me is jumping for joy like a leprechaun on meth.

I ran (well, peddled) into a dark green fog storm in the wasteland, that freaked me out so much, I peddled like the proverbial bat to the nearby trader and stood behind the bars peering out with my mouth open lol. Totally creeped me out. Bravo.

I hope to check out the Alpine region today.

Thanks again to you and all those who are stepping up to bring this to wider attention.