Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

Quote Originally Posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    b27 stable/experimental is the same.
    I released files during experimental for b27. I didnt update them to "Stable" as they are the same file and I have things going on.

Use the b27 experi files for b27 stable.
    hmm... used the 4k exp files this time and they work fine. I used 2k before that.

So I tried with the 2k and the 4k - with other modlets and alone but each time when I attempt to load the game via the launcher with just the base overhaul I get the TFP logo, the menu music and then its like it stalls out and stops responding.

I tried searching the thread but the results brought up everything with launcher and game in it.

Specs are : 1060 6gb, 32gb on board, win 10 64

edit: I did confirm the modlet launcher was working for me by being able to load sorcery mod with a few other modlets.
    Last edited by Teh Cheshire; 04-08-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Turn EAC off...

Refugee
    MAIN PACK - CLIENT SIDE ONLY
    DO NOT INSTALL TO A DEDICATED SERVER

ups... i did it ... it that a big problem ?

Refugee

DO NOT INSTALL TO A DEDICATED SERVER.. Ups i did it :/

MAIN PACK - CLIENT SIDE ONLY

i did it and after i did i say the message .... is this a big problem? what happend now?

Refugee

but i did it is this a big problem? what happend now to my dedicated server?

Nothing really, just verify your files to regrab the vanilla dedi or replace from another dedi instance.

Main pack isnt needed on the dedi server itself, only client side.

Turn EAC off...
    (I've not done a restart to refresh anything) deleted the download I had set up, did another in the modlauncher with same results. Menue music and cursor but nothing more. Program (7days.exe) eventually times out/stops responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Cheshire View Post
    (I've not done a restart to refresh anything) deleted the download I had set up, did another in the modlauncher with same results. Menue music and cursor but nothing more. Program (7days.exe) eventually times out/stops responding.
    I have done a restart now - and I can load the modlets for the redux and baseline on to other modservers I have set up. I am unable to use the 2k or the 4k still despite my machine settings being within the recommend specs?

Since this mod should be (fully) compatible with darkness falls I think you should fix this. Though I'm not entirely sure how much of an impact it has.
    Code:
    2019-04-16T10:20:15 99.190 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='4x4Parts']/item[@name='carBattery']" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:15 99.191 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='gyroCopterParts']/item[@name='carBattery']" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:16 99.862 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='4,5']/@tags" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:16 99.862 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:17 101.086 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQBiomeDesertRedux" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='desert']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakMed01']" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:17 101.086 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQBiomeDesertRedux" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='desert']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakSml01']"

Zombie Hunter
    Excellent work. Really love your mods.

A few questions:
    Can I use the new vanilla A17 trees together with your biome modlet? The new trees in A17 is lush and have branches going down to the ground. I love how they reduce visibility with only a few trees, and create surprises with zeds suddenly popping out. Can I just delete the "remove xpath"?

Another thing, in vanilla trees are randomly spread out and create some open landscape, some dense parts, and some really dense parts. I wonder what your reason is for removing this randomness? The result is that the landscape look very similar inside same biomes.

Keep up the great work

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Cheshire View Post
    I have done a restart now - and I can load the modlets for the redux and baseline on to other modservers I have set up. I am unable to use the 2k or the 4k still despite my machine settings being within the recommend specs?
    If you are playing 17.2, make sure you select to install the 17.2 experimental files from the launcher.
    I simply did not do an update to "Stable" as the files are the same, its a lot to upload just for the sake of "Stable label" when I have other things going on at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythixdino View Post
    Since this mod should be (fully) compatible with darkness falls I think you should fix this. Though I'm not entirely sure how much of an impact it has.
    Code:
    2019-04-16T10:20:15 99.190 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='4x4Parts']/item[@name='carBattery']" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:15 99.191 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='gyroCopterParts']/item[@name='carBattery']" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:16 99.862 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='4,5']/@tags" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:16 99.862 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:17 101.086 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQBiomeDesertRedux" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='desert']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakMed01']" 
    2019-04-16T10:20:17 101.086 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQBiomeDesertRedux" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='desert']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakSml01']"
    The warnings are harmless, as long as you are using the DF compat patch, it will all work as expected and you can ignore the warnings.
    I cant do anything about them unless I write a specific modlet just for DF as opposed to the DF compat patch that already exists.
    Make sure the compat patch loads after the main modlets.

Quote Originally Posted by xxx73 View Post
    Excellent work. Really love your mods.

A few questions:
    Can I use the new vanilla A17 trees together with your biome modlet? The new trees in A17 is lush and have branches going down to the ground. I love how they reduce visibility with only a few trees, and create surprises with zeds suddenly popping out. Can I just delete the "remove xpath"?

Another thing, in vanilla trees are randomly spread out and create some open landscape, some dense parts, and some really dense parts. I wonder what your reason is for removing this randomness? The result is that the landscape look very similar inside same biomes.

Keep up the great work
    The modlets were designed to replace the vanilla trees as my trees are less taxing on the system.
    Feel free to play around with the biome.xml spawning rules to mix and match as you see fit, as well as density levels.
    Density is set to "max" if you will.

Forests are generally dense and samey IRL.

Zombie Hunter
    The modlets were designed to replace the vanilla trees as my trees are less taxing on the system.
    Feel free to play around with the biome.xml spawning rules to mix and match as you see fit, as well as density levels.
    Density is set to "max" if you will.

Forests are generally dense and samey IRL.
    Thanks for quick reply. I just deleted the remove and set xpath, and changed prob to less, that worked great

Zombie Hunter
    Btw you have any localization files for vehicles and items laying around?

A small request for consistency: You have any plans to add electricity to your spotlight?
    Last edited by xxx73; 04-19-2019 at 05:23 AM.

The mod looks great but I cannot distinguish gravel from dirt. Mining is very difficult.