Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Layoffs

Telltale Layoffs

We are deeply saddened by the news of the Telltale layoffs. Our hearts go out to our friends and partners over there. Rest assured The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

Cheers Richard
    Last edited by The Fun Pimp; 09-23-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks Richard!

You should probably make sure to update your message and specify that Alpha 17 is for PC, just to avoid confusion.
    I have both Xbox One and PC (my all time favorite game! Ever since I bought it at Alpha 10.1).
    Last edited by Space4Ace; 09-22-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Will Clare still be around or is she part of the group of ppl who got laid off?

Hello,

its sad to hear this news

I like to make a news video about it - who exactly is now developing 7d2d for console?
    i hear something "iron galaxy"? can someone explain all this "connections"?

It is sad but we'll be right here supporting you guys!! Long live 7 Days to Die!

Refugee
    I really hope that Clare is ok,right? And we have to admit that console players dont get any updates anymore soon..or ever. Thanks Richard for that "update" also.

Hunter
    For everyone who lost the job I really hope you all will get a new one very soon. Thank you for updating the game over the last two years.

Is there a way to bring the update to an end by donating?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Space4Ace View Post
    Thanks Richard!

You should probably make sure to update your message and specify that Alpha 17 is for PC, just to avoid confusion.
    I have both Xbox One and PC (my all time favorite game! Ever since I bought it at Alpha 10.1).
    You do realize that they are talking about alpha 17 for console cause they are working on it as Well as this post is in console section of the forums. You should pay more attention

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronatic19 View Post
    You do realize that they are talking about alpha 17 for console cause they are working on it as Well as this post is in console section of the forums. You should pay more attention
    Nope! The exact same message was posted in the PC section as well.
    The consoles don't get alphas, only updates.

PC people were afraid that the Telltale story would also affect the PC alpha 17, so Richard wanted to let them know that it is still coming out soon.
    And that's why I told Richard to be more specific in his message... Because some people might not understand.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    To be fair, the end-game is to update the console to be as close to the PC version as possible once the PC version is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    We are deeply saddened by the news of the Telltale layoffs. Our hearts go out to our friends and partners over there. Rest assured The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

On a more upbeat note Alpha 17 is coming along folks and itís going to be awesome!

Cheers Richard
    Yeaaaaaaaaa, don't think it was a good idea to gloat about a17 on this post, and on twitter while being extremly non commital to the console version. Can we just say we have no clue whats going on? all this does is lead to speculation.

Refugee
    As a keen player of 7 days to die on console (ps4) for almost 2 years now i have been checking this site for information on 7days almost daily for the last several months eagerly awaiting the new update that has had fans pulling their hair out in anticipation (seriously thinning out on top here) can someone please clarify if we still getting a console update if not let's crowdfund this. As fans we have the power to make it happen

Nomad
    Well like Richard said PC will get theirs and we can still speculate. As far as us X-box users,to bad.
    And to all us console users nana,na,na.

Quote Originally Posted by Space4Ace View Post
    Thanks Richard!

I corrected my post to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    I corrected my post to avoid confusion.
    It's great that A17 is coming along great, but that doesn't affect consoles at all. At least at present at any rate. What does this mean for the consoles planned and long awaited update release? Will it be the last one, will it be put on hold until after the end of the year instead of before year end as promised, have they abandoned the updates for console all together?

I don't know anything about Telltale laying people off. Not that I don't care about people losing their job, but we can't do anything about that. Which leaves console players with wondering what it means for consoles?