Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Layoffs

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS101104 View Post
    It's great that A17 is coming along great, but that doesn't affect consoles at all. At least at present at any rate. What does this mean for the consoles planned and long awaited update release? Will it be the last one, will it be put on hold until after the end of the year instead of before year end as promised, have they abandoned the updates for console all together?

I don't know anything about Telltale laying people off. Not that I don't care about people losing their job, but we can't do anything about that. Which leaves console players with wondering what it means for consoles?
    I can only assume that you didn't read the first post...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

Scavenger
    I'm sorry but wasn't Telltale the publisher? As long as they secure a new method of getting $$$, Iron Galaxy (if I'm not mistaken) should be able to continue doing watafak they already are.

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    I can only assume that you didn't read the first post...

Of course I read it, and it answers none of those questions.

"...and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can"

Basically what it says is "PC version is fine, but other platforms are up in the air." Given that TTG were the ones actually paying Iron Galaxy for their work in porting the game, through whatever contractual arrangement agreed upon, it seems reasonable to wonder if this means the promised console update that was supposed to be released by year end will at the least be delayed while they learn what is going on and get more information. I mean, it's not like IG is gonna continue to port the game if they aren't getting paid for their work, right?

Refugee

xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Space4Ace View Post
    Thanks Richard!

You should probably make sure to update your message and specify that Alpha 17 is for PC, just to avoid confusion.
    I have both Xbox One and PC (my all time favorite game! Ever since I bought it at Alpha 10.1).
    :O i play on xbox could u add my crackdown 1991 would like more people to play with if thats oki

Basically what it says is "PC version is fine, but other platforms are up in the air." Given that TTG were the ones actually paying Iron Galaxy for their work in porting the game, through whatever contractual arrangement agreed upon, it seems reasonable to wonder if this means the promised console update that was supposed to be released by year end will at the least be delayed while they learn what is going on and get more information. I mean, it's not like IG is gonna continue to port the game if they aren't getting paid for their work, right?
    What it means is it really isn't TFP's problem. 7DtD was never advertised as a console game, TTG came in and arranged that. It's not really on the Pimps to cover TTG's failure. Maybe TFP will help IG find new sponsors, but TFP has its hands full with the original PC version and shouldn't be expected to fix someone else's mess.

Reconstructionist

It is way to early to jump to any conclusions. The announcement came very abrupt with no warning. These things will take time to work out. I find it very unlikely the game and updates will not continue. Just keep calm and let the logistics work itself out

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    What it means is it really isn't TFP's problem. 7DtD was never advertised as a console game, TTG came in and arranged that. It's not really on the Pimps to cover TTG's failure. Maybe TFP will help IG find new sponsors, but TFP has its hands full with the original PC version and shouldn't be expected to fix someone else's mess.
    I donít agree. TTG going out of business isnít their problem for sure but then again maybe it is. Iím sure the TFP made money off the deal. Itís not like they gave the game to TTG for free. So expanding markets is always a good idea if itís lucrative. But yeah hopefully they can find a publisher if it is. IG is a contract house and pretty good at porting. IG isnít going looking for anything. You seem like a PC player.

What it means is that, until we get an official announcement, we can only speculate as to what might or might not happen.
    We've been waiting for a very long time for an update already so, many of us are used to it by now, so we'll just sit back and wait for official news, hopefully from Clare.

Refugee
    Personally I love the game and I play on PS4 I have spent days on this game and love every moment of it the thrill you get when you are building underground of your base and you start to hear those zombie footsteps you run up the ladder or stairs and then you try to sneak at how many there are before deciding to attack or not. But I have stopped playing for the past couple months I have to keep making new worlds just to keep interested in it and even then things are just repetitive now. An update would bring me back and ofc I know itís not TFP responsibility to keep the console version going. But what I am going to say Iím relation to that is it would be not be a bad idea for them to try and keep the console version updating. An update to graphics and such could potentially increase the fan base by a rather large amount and could mean much more income for the whole project in its entirety. But yes I guess we just wait for the official news.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkphnix View Post
    I donít agree. TTG going out of business isnít their problem for sure but then again maybe it is. Iím sure the TFP made money off the deal. Itís not like they gave the game to TTG for free. So expanding markets is always a good idea if itís lucrative. But yeah hopefully they can find a publisher if it is. IG is a contract house and pretty good at porting. IG isnít going looking for anything. You seem like a PC player.
    Of course I'm a PC player. Last time I limited my gaming with a console, it was a Dreamcast. But here's the simple point re: the port. TFP did make money off it. By selling the rights to the console version to TTG. Who now owns those rights until they sell them off or there are bankruptcy proceedings. TFP literally cannot do anything with the port right now.

Of course I'm a PC player. Last time I limited my gaming with a console, it was a Dreamcast. But here's the simple point re: the port. TFP did make money off it. By selling the rights to the console version to TTG. Who now owns those rights until they sell them off or there are bankruptcy proceedings. TFP literally cannot do anything with the port right now.
    It could be like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Colony Founder
    teltale games were crap except the wolf among us

Colony Founder
    And this is just speculation. You assume this is how it is but you have no clue how the contract was set up. You might be completely right not saying you are not. It makes sense but we have no idea what is in the contract much less how it was written up.

Colony Founder
    iron galaxy is the developer. teltale is the publisher. im hoping this isn't why the update is taking so long. from articles i read even the employees didn't know till 30 minits before they were fired. so you ask why now. because fiscal quarter 1 starts octobee first. get everyone out berore the new fiscal year. merry christmas no bonus this year.

Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    teltale games were crap except the wolf among us
    I like the walking dead series. I hope they finish this last season. They've only put out the 1st episode, suppose to be 4.

But more so i hope they continue at least with 7dtd.