Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Layoffs

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw_187 View Post
    I like the walking dead series. I hope they finish this last season. They've only put out the 1st episode, suppose to be 4.

But more so i hope they continue at least with 7dtd.
    I think it's all but officially confirmed that TWD is cancelled after episode 2...

I pray this is not the case, but I've heard it from numerous sources!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    It could be like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...
    What, that as soon as TTG is dead, another publisher is "activated"? Unfortunately, legal agreements are rarely that soft. I feel sorry for the console players- on multiple levels - but the bottom line is, they shouldn't be blaming or harassing TFP on this. This is all on TTG.

Option A: Pimps will cancel console port of the game
    Option B: Pimps will wait till licence agreement with TTG to expire (3-6+ Years), invest more $$$ with new publisher and hopefully get it off the ground again...

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    What, that as soon as TTG is dead, another publisher is "activated"? Unfortunately, legal agreements are rarely that soft. I feel sorry for the console players- on multiple levels - but the bottom line is, they shouldn't be blaming or harassing TFP on this. This is all on TTG.
    First off, no one has blamed TFP for TTG having to people layoff. So I'm not sure what you think people are "blaming" TFP for doing. It's not "harassment" to ask what is to come for the console version of 7 Days to Die.

Secondly, you're acting like console players have no reason to look to TFP for relevant information and the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles, especially since they have made it clear that console development is handled by TTG and Iron Galaxy and not TFP. TFP stated they intend to "continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform" that they can. What other "platforms" are there other than PC? The console editions obviously.

Also, I do wonder just how many PC players started put on the console edition of the game before deciding to switch to the PC game. And given the fact that TFP has stated more than once their end goal is to have as much parity between console and PC as possible it is not unreasonable to wonder if that is still their goal, or if TTG shutting down means the console edition is dead too.

Finally, it's obvious we'll have to wait and see what happens. And as someone else mentioned in this thread, waiting is something console players are used to.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XxUnkn0wnxX View Post
    Option B: Pimps will wait till licence agreement with TTG to expire (3-6+ Years), invest more $$$ with new publisher and hopefully get it off the ground again...
    I would be willing to bet that there was a clause to allow TFP to cancel TTG's license in a case like this. TFP owns the name after all.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    I would be willing to bet that there was a clause to allow TFP to cancel TTG's license in a case like this. TFP owns the name after all.
    Iím sure there was along with any number of other ďreasonsĒ including non performance. I think the key is finding a publisher who can monetize it. Letís hope. The hand writing was on the wall a long time with respect to TTGs financials. So this probably isnít a complete suprise and one people making deals with themmwoumd have hopefully considered.

Colony Founder
    did anyone here play sacred 2? ya great game whose company went broke before they could fix it. then sacred 3 came out and it was an insult to sacred fans

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    did anyone here play sacred 2? ya great game whose company went broke before they could fix it. then sacred 3 came out and it was an insult to sacred fans
    Look at home front. That was a good game and before it could get to far into it what was it THQ or something went down and no more online and no more dlc or anything. Then Home Front 2 years later and it 2as garbage.

Look at sierra studios they had a few games that was popular and who ever bought them out never touched them they just collecting dust.

Anyway not sure what my point was I'm at work and break is over lol but I think it was that those games was different. TT was just the publisher not the developers. The actual developers are still here making the game for PC. So the ports and such can still be a thing just got to give them time to figure things out. It hasn't even been a week yet.

Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    God I still cringe whenever I hear Sacred 3. The first one was awesome. Then the second came along and it was EPIC, but had a few bugs. Then there was that other garbage. It didn't fit at all, much less play well.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by XxUnkn0wnxX View Post
    Ive no wish to rag on you, so please take this as polite, but this is rather an argument from incredulity fallacy (in other words, these are the options I can think of and only these).

Im afraid thats rather simplistic, as contracts are usually far more complex than this. It is entirely likely there may be void clauses for situations like these, or any number of different things. You can put largely ANYTHING in a contract. All it requires is it to be legal, and agreed upon by all parties.

So, there are a myriad of options we can imagine, and thats due to us not knowing the contract details, so it remains speculation. It could mean they could get access to buy the licence by being given "first dibs", or a cut down rate, or they might just have to wait until the auditors auction it off, if it comes to full closure.

Then theres the matter of how TT games funded iron galaxy as part of this contract. It could be the usual pro rata thing of funds released in chunks as certain targets are met; hard to say bearing in mind the "early access" nature of its development. It could be theyve had all their funding already, and that TTs role was only left to market it now at this late stage. Add to this, there may also be obligations for TT to cover - in whole or part - patch costs, etc. We just dont know how reliant iron galaxy are at this point.

Every situation is different, but one could take some inkling from thqs disaster. Look at how many licences were quickly snapped and reused. Thq nordic, for example.

So, no, they are by far not the only two options.

But it remains, at present, irrelevant as we are not privy to enough informatio. Best bet is to exercise critical thinking skills and NOT assume anything until evidence is offered to us, especially as there are millions of different permutations in how this could be affecting iron galaxy.

Lastly,please excuse my crappy typing. Im old and using a horrific touchscreen for typing this.
    Last edited by crunchyfrog555; 09-25-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Addition

Refugee
    Will console still be supported? I would honestly pay $60 if you guys were to do updates and sell them as DLC. It would be better than not getting anything on Xbox One.

Quote Originally Posted by Acridhellsrage View Post
    Will console still be supported? I would honestly pay $60 if you guys were to do updates and sell them as DLC. It would be better than not getting anything on Xbox One.
    Information will be announced as it is available. I do believe that the intent is to continue support for it.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Information will be announced as it is available. I do believe that the intent is to continue support for it.
    The longer whoever is in charge now hesitates, the more patience (support and therefore chance to keep it alive) will fade away. It is market economy. Remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanPatriot View Post
    The longer whoever is in charge now hesitates, the more patience (support and therefore chance to keep it alive) will fade away. It is market economy. Remember this.
    It's not a question of hesitation. You don't announce something until you have hard data. There's a lot of legal discussions that are going to have to be made here. Meetings with lawyers and companies. It's not something you can just say and it will happen.

You're going to need to have some patience. It will take time to sort things out.

Nomad
    TTP is bringing Stranded Deep to the X-Box and PS4. I was looking foward to trying it,but after this buggy mess with the whole company. I don't want to try that with the company that is left. Real drag.