Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Friendly Animals - Friendly animals united against the zombie hordes!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftpaw View Post
    So the numbering system there, AITarget-#, is actually the priority of the targeting?
    It is indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by wolffblood View Post
    That would work, and gives some more knowledge of the xmls before A17 so it can be faster. Shoot, biomes should mostly be the same I'd imagine other than the loss of two biomes (well, merging of them with other biomes).
    Oh yeah, forgot about that, hope it's a change for the better!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kubikus View Post
    It is indeed.
    Cool, thanks a bunch! I'll get to perfecting it this coming weekend hopefully. :3

Version 1.5 released!

Let me know what you all think!

Change Log:
    1.5:
    * These features are only enabled when replacing entitygroups.xml and spawning.xml:
    - Friendly animals will now spawn across all biomes, including deserts and to a lesser degree in cities.
    - Wolf pack spawns at least on days 6, 13, and 20.
    * Snakes and boars are now timid like stags and other non-zombies.
    * All zombies no longer swim, not just human zombies.
    * Minor AI task/target fixes.

<<< DOWNLOAD / MOD HOMEPAGE >>>
    https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/136

<<< INSTALLATION >>>
    1. Unzip mod archive.

2. Friendly animals is enabled by copying the entityclasses.xml file to the following game folder. If you also want friendly animals spawning across ALL biomes as well as wolf pack spawns, entitygroups.xml and spawning.xml need to be copied to the same location as well.

7 Days To Die/Data/Config

If you don't know where your Steam Library folder is for the game, you can get to this location by going into Steam, right-clicking 7 Days to Die > Properties > Local Files tab > Browse Local Files

Okay, A17 is looking better and better for modders now. Especially with the perks and all. Should be able to do a lot more with this mod once it's out.

Yep, can't wait! For now though I think this A16 mod is pretty fun! :3

Uploaded Friendly Animals for War of the Walkers as well! Haven't done any spawning editing yet though, but at least now you can play War of the Walkers with friendly animals!

Uploaded Friendly Animals for War of the Walkers as well! Haven't done any spawning editing yet though, but at least now you can play War of the Walkers with friendly animals!
    Oh oh, do Valmod, lol. I've never played War of the Walkers, I remember reading something on it that I wasn't interested in. Maybe I wouldn't care now, haha.

btw, is there a way to make it to where only wolves are friendly? or at least the location to find it all to make them enemies? And as for the Friendly Animals (WotW), is that all part of the same file, or separate?

Oh oh, do Valmod, lol. I've never played War of the Walkers, I remember reading something on it that I wasn't interested in. Maybe I wouldn't care now, haha.
    WotW has some bugs like some zombies having invisible bodies. Will take a look at Valmod, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

btw, is there a way to make it to where only wolves are friendly? or at least the location to find it all to make them enemies? And as for the Friendly Animals (WotW), is that all part of the same file, or separate?
    I can't really explain how to mod the game as it's complicated, but it's all in the entityclasses file. The WotW file is meant to be copied over after WotW is applied as it says in the instructions inside the zip.

WotW has some bugs like some zombies having invisible bodies. Will take a look at Valmod, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't really explain how to mod the game as it's complicated, but it's all in the entityclasses file. The WotW file is meant to be copied over after WotW is applied as it says in the instructions inside the zip.
    Okay, that makes sense. So it's like most mods. I've seen some where they are actually separate files. And that may be why I didn't play WotW, I remember reading something about the bugs and was like, nope, don't have the patience. I've yet to find any bug in Valmod, lol. Though it is one of the simpler mods out there.

Okay, that makes sense. So it's like most mods. I've seen some where they are actually separate files. And that may be why I didn't play WotW, I remember reading something about the bugs and was like, nope, don't have the patience. I've yet to find any bug in Valmod, lol. Though it is one of the simpler mods out there.
    Cool, will give it a try, thanks for the recommendation! ^n.n^

Friendly Animals for Valmod posted!

Friendly Animals v2.0 released for A17!

I'm not using the xpath feature yet as that will require a lot more work as you have to specify every change you make to the base files, and I've made quite a few changes.

The spawning.xml file hasn't been done yet, so all spawning is default for A17. This will come in a future version.

Lol, I've yet to look into the files to see how they've changed. Having too much fun with vanilla finally, haha. Sadly, so far, the only meat I've got is from wolves that have been attacking my base, haven't seen any other animals yet x.x... it's made me really sad, but sadly, it's only way I've been living ... And it's day 4... so if that says anything

Lol, I've yet to look into the files to see how they've changed. Having too much fun with vanilla finally, haha. Sadly, so far, the only meat I've got is from wolves that have been attacking my base, haven't seen any other animals yet x.x... it's made me really sad, but sadly, it's only way I've been living ... And it's day 4... so if that says anything
    Food has been a bit scarce for us but not too bad so far. No issue with wolf brothers yet but this mod certainly makes so that's not an issue obviously and we'll be playing with it over the next few days. Try it out, please! We did discuss perhaps adding alternative sources of fresh meat and that's an interesting idea, but where? You could add them to loot containers to be a random drop that is more common. You could also add a chance to find raw meat instead of rotting flesh on zombies. I did double the amount of fresh meat from chickens, since Foxie hates chickens, lol. But yes, if there is a game balancing issue, re-balancing it is definitely within the scope of this mod so suggestions are welcome!