Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Friendly Animals - Friendly animals united against the zombie hordes!

Version 2.1 released for A17! Just a small bug fix.

2.1:
    * Friendly animals will no longer attack snakes.

The coolest way would be to be able to "create" a wolf like you can vehicles. Say you need a collar (for name), iron (for armor/claws), fresh meat, animal hide, etc. to craft a wolf. Then have it follow you around and only have it target and attack when you attack (for now for simplicity, then can add stuff such as guarding a base, patrol, etc.) Then for animals, remove wolf as a spawned animal or lower the chances of one spawning (I know there was some issues with A16.4, hopefully easier now for A17E) that way other food sources are spawned instead.

Quote Originally Posted by wolffblood View Post
    The coolest way would be to be able to "create" a wolf like you can vehicles. Say you need a collar (for name), iron (for armor/claws), fresh meat, animal hide, etc. to craft a wolf. Then have it follow you around and only have it target and attack when you attack (for now for simplicity, then can add stuff such as guarding a base, patrol, etc.) Then for animals, remove wolf as a spawned animal or lower the chances of one spawning (I know there was some issues with A16.4, hopefully easier now for A17E) that way other food sources are spawned instead.
    I'm starting off simple until learning more complex stuff like that, but is an interesting idea! It was pretty awesome, there's a new "investigate noise" task which is what makes zombies come towards a noise and investigate it, and giving that to the wolves made them follow me around. It was pretty cool! Unfortunately they stay RIGHT next to you at all times instead of a little ways off so I could see how they could get in the way. Plus, would make the game too easy, lol. But it was still neat!

As for spawning more of X, that's very simple to do, once I roll out the spawning.xml updates in the next version or two.

hmmm, you could even have the wolf as a "roaming backpack" even if you don't get the attacking done. Just have him follow, not fight, but be like an inventory like a vehicle. But still "craft" it. That may be the best way to start it. That way you don't have to worry about stats, just a wolf following you and being able to be used as inventory.

hmmm, you could even have the wolf as a "roaming backpack" even if you don't get the attacking done. Just have him follow, not fight, but be like an inventory like a vehicle. But still "craft" it. That may be the best way to start it. That way you don't have to worry about stats, just a wolf following you and being able to be used as inventory.
    Make a special woof call ^n.n^

But yeah all that's much more NPC/RPG-like and advanced, but hopefully doable once I can learn those advanced topics.

For now, spawning modification!

And also the xpath thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftpaw View Post
    Make a special woof call ^n.n^

But yeah all that's much more NPC/RPG-like and advanced, but hopefully doable once I can learn those advanced topics.

For now, spawning modification!

And also the xpath thing.
    I know recipes and how they work, I can easily do that. Linking it as an inventory, I'd just have to look at a chest and see how they did that, and how to create new I'd names.

I know recipes and how they work, I can easily do that. Linking it as an inventory, I'd just have to look at a chest and see how they did that, and how to create new I'd names.
    Cool! Will have to look into that.

Version 2.2 for A17-E b199 released. Just an update to incorporate the new changes in A17-E.

Version 2.2 for A17-E b199 released. Just an update to incorporate the new changes in A17-E.
    I'll try it out once it seems the builds slow down and I have a better grasp of the new release. Finally got to the farm and found 3 pigs. Was so freaking happy, sitting on 81 raw meat atm, looking for eggs now for Bacon and Eggs. That stuff is wonderful, no water, 5 meat, 2 eggs, and lots of food from even one. Hope they don't change that up, lol.

2.3 released, just updated for the new b208. Xpaths mod version coming soon so these updates will be needed less frequently!

Nice, I'll probably try it out the next build. Mainly have a little more to figure out, then I'll be up for modding. Thankfully I've found places with lots of meat now, so by making things friendly, I won't be hurting, lol. May need to increase egg drop rate? hmmm, cause I hate spending a full in game day looting bird nests for maybe 20 eggs... I feel like that's a lot of wasted time after going through 10 square kilometers of bird nests.

FA 2.4 released using xpaths! This version should be compatible with all versions of A17, and will most likely not ever need to change for new releases of A17. This also will make it compatible with most mods! Be sure to read the new installation instructions including the warning for reverting your current configs back to vanilla!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, I'll probably try it out the next build. Mainly have a little more to figure out, then I'll be up for modding. Thankfully I've found places with lots of meat now, so by making things friendly, I won't be hurting, lol. May need to increase egg drop rate? hmmm, cause I hate spending a full in game day looting bird nests for maybe 20 eggs... I feel like that's a lot of wasted time after going through 10 square kilometers of bird nests.
    I have another mod that makes human zombie bodies harvestable again. I'll be uploading it at some point!

I have another mod that makes human zombie bodies harvestable again. I'll be uploading it at some point!
    That may be a hit or miss for me, I actually like that they aren't harvestable, gets rid of all the wasted time, lol. I find enough animal gore to get bones now. Not to mention found places with large amounts of boars for tallow,

i installed this mod and i absolutely. love. it! i don't really ever want to play 7d2d without it again :P but i noticed you said that these used to be followers but the ability to make them such was removed from the game i am kicking myself for not having seen this mod before-when that was possible. i can't tell you how many times i have wished there was a way to turn the animals into followers. i always winced everytime i had to kill a wolf pack-wishing i could befriend them

so there is no possibility remaining in game for them to be followers again? i noticed they do sort of follow you around if you don't go too fast. they sort of meander your direction all the time. Whatever makes them do that seems like it should be able to be increased so that they actually go with you(?)

edit-i guess that would be problematic since then you'd end up with every animal you came across following you all over everywhere-lol
    Last edited by Myrrah; 12-08-2018 at 10:24 PM.

once it becomes stable, we'll probably look, or at least Swift (my job is so sporadic I don't have much extra time else I'd love to help), into having at least one follow you. I believe the code is still there to make it work, it'll just take some digging into. Basically a wolf that can carry things for you. And probably be able to make him run following vehicles since wolves are known for long distance running and all. so double the inventory for that time, lol. The attacking and all will be the difficult part, so he just doesn't attack everything in a POI, haha.