Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Janna3921 View Post
    "real developers on real development teams always follow a planned schedule" Are you for real? This is coding, you can't follow a schedule in work like that. Finding a problem is like finding a jigsaw puzzle piece for one spot in a thousand pieces inside the box.
    You know how those real developers at the big companies generally hit their deadlines? Put their employees on a death march for months, then as time runs out, features get cut, then when time ends, ship it anyway, because they will just fix the big bugs later with patches. If it is a total train wreck and they just can't ship it, then they keep the death march going for another quarter.

It does not always go like that, but there is usually some version of that going on.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    As far as I know the pathing takes into account all blocks regardless of how they got there. They'll likely plow through the snow blocks (pun intended) as they're pretty weak compared to other blocks.

That's what I understand from the discussions on digging zombies a while ago.
    Yes. The path grid scanner looks at the colliders and blocks in an area. It does not care how a block got there.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragmore View Post
    Purchased 7DTD on... who cares?
    We all play the same game...it is unnessecary how long and since when someone played..am i right?
    It would seem the person who asked the question and those who answered.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by compuguru992000 View Post
    @faatal or Roland

Have there been any changes to the electric system? Will it still cause problems in the sector if too many lights/turrets are in use? I know some a16 servers modded out and or banned power for this reason. I also lost a base or 2 to it.
    As far as I know, it is mostly the same. Maybe with some bug fixes.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Louden View Post
    not a chance.

I'm guessing 3 weeks from the issues that one of TFP listed out.
    I see some posts about a bug list. I think the only list posted was some of my minor bugs, that I DID NOT think needed fixing for A17e to be released. That list tells you nothing about when A17e might be released, because those are NOT any of the bugs we are working on.

Please, everyone... read and quote our posts instead of trying to remember what we said.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mengseth View Post
    @Madmole
    I see alot of ppl here that are waiting for the game, and some want it NOW (me included)
    Can't you just release it now? I know its much more todo for you guys, and it comes with bugs still. But let us see it
    Im not begging, im asking
    We are here for a reason, and that is; we love the game and want to get in on it all. we can help with bugreport aswell, and that is a good thing i think.
    The thing is, we have a good group of testers who play, chat and give us bug reports everyday. We have enough. More and it just turns into duplication of bug reports and craziness. When A17e is released, then more players are better as we look for the more rare bugs (and fine tune).

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    @faatal: Which vehicle do you like the best?
    4x4 truck is best land vehicle, but gyrocopter is more fun (just needs more polish).

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Louden View Post
    Ah I see, my mistake.

Is there a reason that TFP doesn't list the bugs that need to be resolved for A17e to be released?

It would be nice to watch that dwindle down.
    Because there is no definitive list yet. Every day the testers and devs find more. A lot of it is refinement that comes from testing. Too slow/fast/strong/weak/whatever.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by quilmeshou View Post
    Hi faatal! I have a question, how it works the boss system? And do they have a unique art design or are stronger versions of another mobs?
    Bosses are not a focus for A17. There is some art for a few, but just normal AI. Not something I have or am working on for A17.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    1. Will we build the 4x4 like the mini bike or are we going to find it somewhere on the map?

2. What do we need to build it?

3. Will any of the new vehicles have cargo carrying capability?

4. Will be need to build those to or find them?
    They are all built from parts at a forge and have cargo.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    This was asked a while ago so things may have changed but check the dev dev diary, fataal has posted some stuff in there about it such as this...

"Bicycle, minibike, motorcycle and 4x4 truck all have recipes to make them and function well. They need some damaging adjustments and storage is not done yet. Should all be in A17. "

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...elopers/page40
    Prime is working on the storage bits. I think it is functional now, with different storage sizes, but have not tried it.

Here is a first look at new attributes strength, intellect and perception and their perk trees. We hope there are many interesting builds possible with over 250 perk choices and 5 governing attributes.

https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...947904/photo/1

Last edited by Roland; 10-09-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer101 View Post
    Curse you MM!
    Now I want to see what the rest of them do
    I've been doing most of the designing behind the perks and doing the xml while Gazz and Roberto are working on the more complex buffs and code behind all this stuff. We're smashing it and its going to be a lot of fun making character builds. I can probably do a video pretty soon showing a few of the finished perk trees off and demonstrate the effects. The xml is very powerful making it easy to do about whatever I can imagine, so modders will go nuts with this stuff.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackelmyer View Post
    Hey faatal?

So... How's the Gyrocopter holding up in performance? Seems like every time a game moves to a new dimension of motion performance dives.
    Same as any other vehicle. It is basically a tricycle that can float through the air.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed.
    Sure.

This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable.
    Yeah, right. The bugs don't walk up to you and announce themselves. Betas contain numerous unknown bugs, some of which you would not ship a game with.

No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code. Beta occurs two to three months before code release.
    Nice logic problem there. If no changes are made to the code, then the bugs are fixed by magic?

Beta occurs two to three months before code release.
    No. Beta lasts as long as it takes to reduce the bugs to an acceptable level. Once done, release dates typically come down to marketing or financial reasons.

That mess needs to be rewritten.