Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1501

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Sephiroth View Post
    Thank you for responding. My desktop runs in [email protected], and the only change is that nVidia sets true fullscreen apps by default to [email protected] Only the frequency increases. Resolution is the same. Again, I would be happy to help any way possible (Remote Desktop/VPN into my box, maybe a video of things happening, whatever) but I can say for sure, if I add that key with ANY value, I get bad micro-stutter and low FPS combined with no G-Sync in-game. I have tried values of 0, 1, and up to 255. Nothing matters. Deleting the entry resolves all issues and G-Sync runs again.
    It seems Unity is remembering the screen settings, so even with my change, we typically don't call SetResolution on startup. If it was called for you, it would be making a "Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" key.

The key "Screenmanager Fullscreen mode" is actually being made by Unity to remember the fullscreen mode, since Unity has 4:
    ExclusiveFullScreen = 0,
    FullScreenWindow = 1,
    MaximizedWindow = 2,
    Windowed = 3

Guys I appreciate the brainstorms, but its out of the scope of what I can achieve with xml editing. Mainly I'm looking for big exploits, stuff that is underpriced/overpriced. I will add specifics to each trader. I've already done this:

+Changed: Increased chance for rare medicine at traders (Joel)
    +Changed: Increased the duke value of raw meat (Joel)
    +Changed: Nerfed barter perk sell rates to half of what they were. (Joel)
    +Changed: Cut sell rate from .2 to .15 value (Joel)
    +Changed: Reduced amounts of food for sale at traders (Joel)
    +Changed: Added acid to traders (Joel)

This helps a bit with selling stuff for a lot of dukes, but you can still earn decent money with no perks.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_ahriman View Post
    Nice changes, but I still think we need more ammo, specially brass 7.62mm. Something I noticed: there is more casings and bullet tips for sale, but not much gunpowder (like 10, 20). Would be possible an increase?
    I'm having the opposite experience. I just bought 230 gp, have about 400 brass casings in storage and I'm short on lead. Obviously if I mine some I'll have tons of lead, but just scavenging and buying I have more brass, some gp and little lead. I bust all the resource rocks I can and craft gp as well.

I had about 230 rounds of 9mm on me but 3 radiated spiders and a feral biker and a few vultures made me use up half my ammo on one T3 fetch/clear quest. If it gets pretty bad with ferals I'll add more ammo. But I found 3 traders if you make your rounds you can stock quite a lot as long as you have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    MM so maybe I am confused (and I could be - being an old phart with a scotch in hand...) when you say nerf the barter rates you mean in favor of the player who takes the perk? so for example, I buy for 100, but with barter perk 1/5 maybe 90/80/70/60/30 (perks 1-5/5) ?

right now as a miner they only way for me to level is with my farm harvest XP and my turning ore into tools to sell at trader and use barter perk + Cigar to help with prices and XP. the downside is the traders take 3 of each items.

QUESTION - is there any way to have the trader buy more then 3 of an item of you have barter perk?
    I changed it so you sell for .15 of the value instead of .2. I also reduced how much you sell for with perks. It was crazy op, I could craft 3 sets of leather armor and make 300 per piece with green and no perks, imagine getting 50% more than that. Its literally thousands and thousands of dukes.

I still made about 1800 for completing a T3 quest. A 1000 wood sells for about 75 dukes right now with 0 perks. You can still make money, just not going to be a millionaire at level 20 any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor3D View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind with Ammo is that once you get the rad remover mod on a weapon it drastically reduces ammo usage. As you start to perk up and specialize in whatever firearm(s) you use - that too greatly reduces ammo expenditure. Eventually, even if it takes some until later in the game - you will all start to get a continual surplus.

The mining is also much, much better now than it was at the start of A17 - I feel that few players know about this yet as I constantly read people talking about surface boulders still (much slower to accumulate now over the long-term in comparison to a proper mine) - once you get a few mines made and are perked in mining - you can go in something like your coal mine with a steel pickaxe early in the morning and come out and have a 6,000 stack of it before noon. Takes very little time to do it once you get it all set up and you've perked it a bit. It's not a tedious grind and there's ore everywhere..the veins go quite a ways-and most importantly no more cave-ins. Much, much better.
    Yes and I don't think that many people know this, if you sample the gravel (watch the harvest) that is what you will find underneath. So if you get gravel/rock/iron when you dig the surface gravel spots you've hit an iron mine. If it doesn't produce a special ore, its a dud, move on.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeWildlife View Post
    I have discovered the cause of my stuttering as the process which tells zombies to attack a block or swing at a player.

Each and everytime a zombie attacks a block, microstutter.
    Each and everytime a zombie takes a swing at me, microstutter

When i enter a PoI and there are many awake zombies and some come out to fight me, often i cannot aim for s### because all the zombies in the building are creating constant stutters.

I just dont understand these fps issues anymore, for example:

I have a Ryzen 7 1800x 8x3.6ghz and a GTX 1060 6gb and between the microstuttering ruining the gameplay i usually have around 60fps.
    My friend who has a slightly weaker computer; AMD FX 6350 6x3.5ghz and a Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb...(still a very good rig) who was next to me on the occasions we tested, reported that his fps dropped from 25-40 down to 5-10 when in encounters with zombies, becoming unplayable.

The AMD FX 6350 is still a great processor and he normally has great FPS...yet A17 seems to be slapping everyone in the face.

My wishes for the next version of 7D2D is:
    -Optimize
    -Optimize more
    -Yet more optimizing

Many of us are running top end rigs and STILL having issues. You cannot continue like you are now, to blame US for YOUR poor optimization.
    A lot of people with similar hardware are playing the game fine, so telling us to optimize solves nothing, since we have already optimized the game in numerous ways. Our testers and us play the game on a variety of hardware just fine with the correct settings.

I have a Ryzen 7 1800x and until I updated my GPU a few months ago, I was also using a GTX 1060 6GB and the game played fine for me.
    I have 16 GB of RAM. How much to you have?
    What resolution are you running at? It makes a big difference. With a 1060 1440p was bad for me, so I would not go above 1920x1080 and reflections should be at medium or lower.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymantle View Post
    I set my resolution to 1600x900 for it makes a huge difference in my fps running a GTX1060 6GB. Sometimes I log in to find my resolution has been set back to 1920x1080 is this the same issue your talking about and or something else?
    I was talking about windowed vs fullscreen modes and registry keys, not the bug with resolution changes. Now the same code could be causing that issue too.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Interesting Gsync with Vsync read:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...work-together/

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehMatt View Post
    I've seen that in procmon, but I don't think it amounts to much, since it is a small file, but I don't think it needs to be doing that on a regular basis.

I play the steam builds from a HD, but saves go to C, which for me is a fast SSD, so people with slow C drives might have more lag from world load/saves.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Building a better bridge tomorrow with todayís tools

Ever since I have gotten my bicycle, have been wanting to improve the bridge in the game. While it wasnít a problem before mini-bikes and not really an issue even after that. The bridge is a real issue with the bicycle.
    First of all, the gap of space can catch the tire, bringing it down so that itís lower on the ramp before ascending. Then the ramp leading up at a 45% angle not also slows the bike but will put it at an odd angle. Plus crossing over this can sometimes damage it. This normally happens when you speed across it. But if you try to cross it at normal speed, you run the chance of getting stuck.

So I decided to build a new bridge that would be better for things like the bicycle. Getting next to the shore of a river, I placed wood frames so that they would be flush with the ground.
    Leading off of that I used wood plates to help fill the gap between the blocks and the soil. Then to fill the rest of the gap, I used a hoe and used it to till the soil. This filled in the gap nicely.

The resulting bridge is much better on the bicycle and barely slows it down.
    With some texture, it can look like a bridge.
    To support the bridge I places flagstone supports every five blocks on either side.

Please see my screenshots below.

The first screenshot shows a standard bridge in the game. It also shows it next to mine.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1631131770

This second shot shows the work I did,
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1631132068

This final screenshot shows the bridge with some texture to it to make it look more natural.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1631132270

Please let me know what you think.
    I've been wanting flat bridges for a while. We have 2 tasks for this improvement tagged as A17 must fix, but don't know when it will be addressed. I think there are issues with breaking saves. Maybe the new RWG can address this, since I know Kinyajuu is working on roads/bridges over water this week.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Eagle LXIX View Post
    @faatal,
    Am I correctly reading things?
    Do zombies get a boost to 200% against blocks impeding their path to the player, plus an additional 10% boost for each zombie in a 1.7 meter radius on the Horizontal and a 1.5 radius on the vertical?

Just curious if I got that right or I am being stupid. Thanks.
    Basically, but the 200% boost is when they are stuck moving. Normal break block mode does not get that bonus.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    This mod i want for more than just bad luck at rng.
    Have a look on this here
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/25157...9167218694607/

And even if fixed. i would like to have a small chance to get rarely a jackpot
    Thanks for the link. It was indeed broken. 25% was giving near 0% loot. Basically all numbers except 100% were wrong.

I fixed it today and setup a unit test in Unity's Test Runner. Now it handles fractional loot and we get results like:

RandomSpawnCount 0 to 2 (average 1), abundance 0.25 = average 0.249965
    #0, count 750035, 75.00%
    #1, count 249965, 25.00%
    #2, count 000000, 00.00%
    RandomSpawnCount 2 to 5 (average 3.5), abundance 0.25 = average 0.813696
    #0, count 248485, 24.85%
    #1, count 689334, 68.93%
    #2, count 062181, 06.22%
    RandomSpawnCount 0 to 2 (average 1), abundance 0.5 = average 0.499909
    #0, count 500091, 50.01%
    #1, count 499909, 49.99%
    #2, count 000000, 00.00%
    RandomSpawnCount 2 to 5 (average 3.5), abundance 0.5 = average 1.750003
    #0, count 000000, 00.00%
    #1, count 374502, 37.45%
    #2, count 500993, 50.10%
    #3, count 124505, 12.45%
    #4, count 000000, 00.00%

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Please tell me you can set the blood moon horde to random, I've been dreaming of that since I started playing this game.
    Then you will like this option:

Blood Moon Range - Sets a random range that blood moons will happen. 0 is off. 3 would mean a blood moon can happen up to 3 days later than normal.

Fun Pimps Staff
    It is only plus since the start is determined by Blood Moon Frequency and range then adds to it.

The settings are:
    Blood Moon Frequency (0, 1, 3, 7, 14, 30)
    Blood Moon Range (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 20)

They are numeric options, so you could do others values.

Combined you can do stuff like every 1-2, 1-4, 1-8, 3-7, 3-13, 7-11 days.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    Fataal, is there menu option to set the size of the random horde?
    We don't have one and I don't want to consider that yet. More importantly, I noticed yesterday that some of their spawning was in weird places or failing altogether or quickly abandoning their path, so I need to look at again.