Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kickstarter Goals Abandoned?!?

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poojam View Post
    It was abandoned so they could port the game to console.
    LOL It was abandoned long before that, and for completely different reasons. Read the Alpha 13 release notes. (Also note, the console version is based off of a14.7)

Scavenger
    It was abandoned so they could port the game to console.
    Thanks mate. I hope they bring it back as per their pledge as the console ports are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankieworldonline View Post
    Thanks mate. I hope they bring it back as per their pledge as the console ports are finished.
    It was just like Minecraft's crafting grid, except bigger. It was charming, but you really had to spend some time figuring out the recipes - which newbies found frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankieworldonline View Post
    They won’t bring it back and they’re willing to suffer whatever backer rage blowback comes of it. Let the petitions and lawsuit threats commence.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    LOL It was abandoned long before that, and for completely different reasons. Read the Alpha 13 release notes. (Also note, the console version is based off of a14.7)
    Yeh he has it slightly off... Crafting grid was abandoned for a particular UI that had a right click, that was abandoned for the console port.

I don’t miss grid crafting at all. I do miss the molds. Abstracting them by making clay part of every recipe is pretty lame.

It was just like Minecraft's crafting grid, except bigger. It was charming, but you really had to spend some time figuring out the recipes - which newbies found frustrating.
    Not really true. The reason why it changed is because there's only so many ingredients you can have in a grid before it becomes a confusing and frustrating mess. This is why Minecraft's grid is only 3x3.

If you want complexity in your recipes, and you want your players to gather many different resources and materials for them, a grid is not a good option, and this is why games like RDR2 don't use a grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I don’t miss grid crafting at all. I do miss the molds. Abstracting them by making clay part of every recipe is pretty lame.
    Me too! I loved molds.