Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Kickstarter Goals Abandoned?!?

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    This is in the realm of hypotheticals as it is only the plan and plans can change:

Proposed Repair System

Field Repairs: When you repair an item out in the field using your backpack as the workstation it will place a penalizing "badmod" in a mod slot. Each time you repair, the badmod will gain greater penalties. These could affect durability and damage which would basically bring it in line with what we've known as guns degrade to lower tiers (less durability and less damage) but there could be other effects attached to this badmod that could cause other problems that wouldn't have been possible under the old system.

Workbench Repairs: When you repair an item at a workbench you will be able to do it without penalty and you will be able to remove any badmod that got attached to your gun during a field repair.

All of this is just a plan for now so unfortunately we may have to suffer through penalty-free repairing at first. Also they may make alterations or go in a different direction altogether when it comes time to implement so don't marry yourself to this plan.

I already know that someone wants to ask the question of what happens if all mod slots are full and the answer to that will be forthcoming when the system and decisions about immovability of mods has been completely firmed up and decided. The options I can see are:

1) The mod is destroyed and replaced by the badmod
    2) An additional slot only used for badmod due to field repairs could be implemented
    3) The mod is popped out into your inventory and the slot is blocked by the badmod but you don't lose your mod.
    You said that we won't need a specific skill or workbench to modify our weapons, cool, but how does it go with this proposed repair system where you actually need workbench to repair your weapon without penalties? I'm not a weapon expert, but I imagine that some modifications to your weapon, especially in a post apocalyptic world would have to be done in not exactly precise fashion to begin with, so to speak. What I mean is that even by adding mods to your weapon, you would most likely have to get your hands dirty and in some cases you would have to improvise a lot and with the crude tools to do those modifications, especially without workbench or specific skill, wouldn't it greatly increase a chance of damaging the weapon somehow? And if so, if applying mod to your weapon could damage your weapon, shouldn't it be a factor in game too? Don't get me wrong, I am honestly glad it isn't the case right now, but it still makes me wornder, because it also works the other way around - if we had some repair penalty for repairing the weapon without workbench, shouldn't we also have a chance of damaging the weapon by applying mods without workbench and proper tools? And then if we wouldn't want that kind of thing to be a part of the game, would it really make sense for this kind of repair penalty to be a thing if any other kind of changes done to your weapon wouldn't really downgrade its quality?

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    ~~~
    Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you're replying to something I wrote to another user, you're replying in ways that show me that you didn't really understand what I meant to say and while I do see that you're quite a writer (congrats on the 1k+ posts), right now I don't feel like going through all of my points again just to explain what I meant to say there, especially when it was actually someone else I was talking to, so I think there's no point in doing that. Thanks for understanding.