Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter Goals Abandoned?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Looking at this list makes me wonder who in their right mind could think this game is abandoned or not following the pathway marked out for it from the very beginning.
    You're right, Roland. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You are absolutely right.

I mean, those words about abandonment and broken promises come from a person who obviously plays the game. This isn't an outside observer depending only on random videos that they happened to find on the internet. Clearly, this person also is familiar with the Kickstarter in some way; so they have the goals in one hand and the game in the other. An easy comparison could be made as they play the game and check off the met promises and the further development. Obviously, even a normie who has no connection with the forum can see that Kickstarter goals have not been abandoned.

The customer who made that post clearly is obtuse or being intentionally misleading out of spite. And that's a fact.

I think you've basically just given way too much credit to someone that posted something on a whim in Steam. It probably went something like this:

*cruising through game list in Steam*
    Holy cow, 7 Days to Die. I wonder if that update came out yet.
    No? Over a year and no update? WOOOOOW They just cut and ran.
    *posts about it being another abandoned kickstarter game*

Quote Originally Posted by Minandreas View Post
    I think you've basically just given way too much credit to someone that posted something on a whim in Steam. It probably went something like this:

Obviously. Thing is, a lot of people will have gotten that idea after seeing the last 2 update dates. All of the people I used to play with included.

@Jedo your train of thought is, unfortunately, wishful thinking. Most act like the above.

Personally, as I explain in my previous post, I don't give a damn whether all kickstarter goals have all been achieved, if, either way, the result leaves things to be desired.
    Last edited by RestInPieces; 10-12-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minandreas View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    Obviously. Thing is, a lot of people will have gotten that idea after seeing the last 2 update dates. All of the people I used to play with included.

@Jedo your train of thought is, unfortunately, wishful thinking. Most act like the above.
    So the customer basically is stupid? Regardless of how they got there, the end result is the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedo View Post
    The customer who made that post clearly is obtuse or being intentionally misleading out of spite. And that's a fact.
    What do you know...

Hunter
    Doooom Doooom, dark clouds, Dooooom

So the customer basically is stupid? Regardless of how they got there, the end result is the same?
    Nah, not always, not exactly. I think it's mostly because nowadays, there are already a lot of choices available and most won't search thoroughly or won't bother to go into detail before judging a game.

Same thing we were saying here...
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...y-Access/page2

Nah, not always, not exactly. I think it's mostly because nowadays, there are already a lot of choices available and most won't search thoroughly or won't bother to go into detail before judging a game.
    First, I didn't say "always" or "exactly." I was referring to a single person's review (as I believe Roland was), then you and Minandreas chimed in with "most."

Second, you haven't indicated anything that doesn't fall under "stupid." Speaking before you think or forming an opinion before you have knowledge are markers of stupidity. These things might be widely accepted in the world, but that doesn't make them not stupid.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Customers are stupid... It's why they need product education.

First, I didn't say "always" or "exactly." I was referring to a single person's review (as I believe Roland was), then you and Minandreas chimed in with "most."

Second, you haven't indicated anything that doesn't fall under "stupid." Speaking before you think or forming an opinion before you have knowledge are markers of stupidity. These things might be widely accepted in the world, but that doesn't make them not stupid.
    When you have hundreds of products in your disposal, you won't and can't thoroughly search every product's details. You will form an opinion, then ignore it/not recommend it etc. Stupid or not, the update rate can be a deterrent, especially in EA for a random customer.

As for the guy who wrote that review, I agree more or less with what Kubikus said in the 1st page.

But as for Roland's post... I think he sugarcoats it a little. I think that what that guy on that review said was overly-dramatic and not really true, but then again I think that Benjiro makes a lot of points. I'm saying it again though - could care less about their kickstarter goal details, when I am not completely satisfied by the core game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post

4) Basic Survival - Scavenge the world for food and water maintaining and boosting health, food, stamina, and hydration levels. Grow and harvest a variety of crops and hunt, track or domesticate a multitude of wildlife to live off the land.

While there will always be controversy between veterans and newbs & hardcore and casuals about whether there is truly any meaningful threat to survival in the game nobody can deny that the elements of managing hunger and thirst and stamina and health are in the game. You can farm a variety of crops and you can hunt. Tracking and domesticating are absent however. C
    I think you are being too hard on this grade of C, I really believe according to what they stated it is at least a B. I wouldn't drop it to a C just because of lack of domestic animals. Other than this one I think your analysis is spot on. Thanks!
    Last edited by GenLeeKildenbattle; 10-12-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: messed up quote---fixed

When you have hundreds of products in your disposal, you won't and can't thoroughly search every product's details. You will form an opinion, then ignore it/not recommend it etc. Stupid or not, the update rate can be a deterrent, especially in EA for a random customer.
    Not "stupid or not." It is stupidity. As Guppy said, customers are stupid. Period. Sometimes customers are stupid because they didn't do enough research. That's on them. Sometimes customers are so stupid that they ignore the information which is readily presented to them and still complain when they form a false expectation even though they should have known better. (Just work at a restaurant. Good Lord.) That's also on them. Most companies will bend over backwards trying to correct this or overcome this. Customers still are going to be stupid.

That's a little far afield of the discussion though. (Well, not of what I was trying to say, but of the thread as a whole.) People will get false impressions, and EA can be particularly difficult for that. Ok. When the game finally goes Gold, those people who had trouble with EA will get over it because they now have access to the final product, a good final product. I mean, their comments at this time have little bearing. TFP continues to work despite negative reviews, and most people have a short memory anyway. Furthermore, the general gaming population that doesn't participate in EA will come to this game without knowledge of all the baggage, so that will make little difference to them.

It's like the New Mutants movie. People who haven't followed its development don't know a thing, and when the trailers finally air and the movie comes out, they will take it at face value. People who have followed its development and are pissed by all the delays...well, their feelings don't affect the development and likely will watch the movie anyway when it comes out because they are totally stoked for a New Mutants movie. Anyway, Roland has said all of this before.

As for the guy who wrote that review, I agree more or less with what Kubikus said in the 1st page.
    Lol. That explains plenty about our conversation, and probably why you didn't pick up on the point of my post at the top of the page.

Not "stupid or not." It is stupidity. As Guppy said, customers are stupid. Period. Sometimes customers are stupid because they didn't do enough research. That's on them. Sometimes customers are so stupid that they ignore the information which is readily presented to them and still complain when they form a false expectation even though they should have known better. (Just work at a restaurant. Good Lord.) That's also on them. Most companies will bend over backwards trying to correct this or overcome this. Customers still are going to be stupid.

That's a little far afield of the discussion though. (Well, not of what I was trying to say, but of the thread as a whole.) People will get false impressions, and EA can be particularly difficult for that. Ok. When the game finally goes Gold, those people who had trouble with EA will get over it because they now have access to the final product, a good final product. I mean, their comments at this time have little bearing. TFP continues to work despite negative reviews, and most people have a short memory anyway. Furthermore, the general gaming population that doesn't participate in EA will come to this game without knowledge of all the baggage, so that will make little difference to them.

It's like the New Mutants movie. People who haven't followed its development don't know a thing, and when the trailers finally air and the movie comes out, they will take it at face value. People who have followed its development and are pissed by all the delays...well, their feelings don't affect the development and likely will watch the movie anyway when it comes out because they are totally stoked for a New Mutants movie. Anyway, Roland has said all of this before.

Lol. That explains plenty about our conversation, and probably why you didn't pick up on the point of my post at the top of the page.
    The "I agree more or less with Kubikus" was a trigger point I presume :P

But seriously now, it seems to me that you do understand how consumers "work". Companies can either take advantage of it or not. Markets are molded by consumers, not the opposite, at least, not in the level that we are examining here. It's more like a force of nature - no real use in blaming them. But like you said let's not get into that, it's too far off-topic.

And yes, depending always on the marketing, it won't matter for a good amount of people who will only see the final product. Which is why I keep saying that I don't care about the stretch goals and I am concerned about the things I said in my first post. Still by cultivating a large fanbase through EA and keeping it happy (within reason), the product will get better traction and sell more in the end, so I can't help but agree with Kubikus when it comes to getting advantage of that traction.

The "I agree more or less with Kubikus" was a trigger point I presume :P
    No trigger; just an amusing contextual marker. It would be like talking with somebody about some subject, then they give you some demographic information like "I'm an only child." Suddenly, that casts their comments in a different light (rightly or wrongly).

<snip>
    I get what you are saying, and I think we generally are focused on different things in this thread. There are plenty of marketing things that could be done, and how important they are is subject to debate. (And we won't get into which way influence flows with regards to markets, companies, and consumers.) *shrug*

Anyone have a link to the original review?

I'd like to read it [any if replies are allowed, maybe give them a piece of my mind.]

No trigger; just an amusing contextual marker. It would be like talking with somebody about some subject, then they give you some demographic information like "I'm an only child." Suddenly, that casts their comments in a different light (rightly or wrongly).
    If the message is legit and stands by itself, imo, you shouldn't see it in a different light because of the messenger.