Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 286 to 300 of 300

Thread: Telltale Update

  1. #286
    Hunter Eihwaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    1
    Do you have any link about it @SylenThunder? Or the post number in this thread? ty in advance

    PS: and what are the next steps?
    Last edited by Eihwaz; 1 Week Ago at 01:09 AM.

  2. #287
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    7,808
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Do you have any link about it @SylenThunder? Or the post number in this thread? ty in advance

    PS: and what are the next steps?
    https://gamedaily.biz/article/385/te...ved-from-steam

    The document in question is at the bottom of that article. I have not been able to dig up anything outside of that though.

  3. #288
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pur3 demon v View Post
    i dont need to i see all pc used consoles money to fix the pc fact where is the xbox and ps4 update that clare says 2 years ago its coming but never did and pc is 2 Alphas ahead fact and the way its looking to lots of angry customers that bought a broken game go give them cheek bet you dont we all wasted money on 7 days to die sad part is there hiding behind telltales what a joke and saying about an upgraded server y do that when 7 days dont have the the rights of or port right or whatever so just a wasteded air but yeah you have a go at people that pumped money to the game cause soon funpumps will die like telltales greed for pc and no need 1000s of xbox and ps4 players are not happy at all get funpumps to give every ps4 and xbox one customers that money back and yous can keep ya game look at Dayz thay keep there word plus that game is far better fck ark is better than 7 days on console anyways am not here to talk to the monkey am here to the horse. P.s and i would not believe anything that comes out of funpimps and now pc is getting Alpha 18 this year that will be 3 Alphas ahead
    Seriously you need to learn how to write. I have a headache after reading your post. Claire has no information because she no longer works for TellTale. TellTale is no longer in business and FunPimps have stated that they're trying to get the console rights back but there's a lot legally that has to be done before that can happen. Things like that could take years to be finalized. Again you need to read more before posting. From what I gather FP was never going to put the game on console until TT came in and asked if they could purchase rights to put it on console. FP never even had anything to do with development of the game on console. It was ported and developed on console by Iron Galaxy. Read and research before you post.

  4. #289
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    As i wait to find out more, i just want to know one thing - as someone who was planning to return to playing 7D (now that i've almost cleared up space on my X1 hard drive again) are at least the multiplayer servers and free updates still available?

    As for the future, i'll wait and see what happens with Tellfail and 7D - to be honest i like this game enough to put up with the issues and just play.
    Last edited by Jadesteele; 1 Week Ago at 07:31 PM.

  5. #290
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadesteele View Post
    As i wait to find out more, i just want to know one thing - as someone who was planning to return to playing 7D (now that i've almost cleared up space on my X1 hard drive again) are at least the multiplayer servers and free updates still available?

    As for the future, i'll wait and see what happens with Tellfail and 7D - to be honest i like this game enough to put up with the issues and just play.
    Not sure when you stopped playing but there hasnt been in update in the past year at least. Game is just as broken with the same server issues, loading issues etc. as you remember more than likely

  6. #291
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    7,808
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    Not sure when you stopped playing but there hasnt been in update in the past year at least. Game is just as broken with the same server issues, loading issues etc. as you remember more than likely
    And even assuming that TFP get control of the assets this month, there are still a lot of other steps that have to take place before another update will happen.

    1. TFP needs to negotiate with Iron Galaxy to continue console development.
    2. TFP needs to either find another publisher for the console, or put forth the effort to publish it themselves.
    3. Iron Galaxy will have to get back up to speed and pick up where they left off in development.

    It's very likely that even if everything goes well, you won't be seeing an update until this fall. That's not because they don't care. That's just because stuff takes time.

  7. #292
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    A place called earth
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    And even assuming that TFP get control of the assets this month, there are still a lot of other steps that have to take place before another update will happen.

    1. TFP needs to negotiate with Iron Galaxy to continue console development.
    2. TFP needs to either find another publisher for the console, or put forth the effort to publish it themselves.
    3. Iron Galaxy will have to get back up to speed and pick up where they left off in development.

    It's very likely that even if everything goes well, you won't be seeing an update until this fall. That's not because they don't care. That's just because stuff takes time.
    Sad but true

  8. #293
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    They obviously had something that allowed them to protect their property (in the future), they did remove the rights of TTG to publish a new version of 7D2D. But it seems they didn't have the right to forbid TTG to sell the current game for example: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/...00000000000000 , with TTG listed as owner (It may be an oversight or TFP not exercising their rights though). This doesn't tell us who owns the code (aka software) written by IG, it just is an indication that not everything might have transfered.

    A contract that would allow TFP to suddenly own software that TTG produced is surely possible, even though I see it as very unlikely because it would seem disadvantageous to TTG, but I have as much information as you about this. But then what is auctioned off now?

    Either there is something at the auction to sell. And the rights to the code really is the thing that makes the most sense. Or TFP is lying and there is nothing for them to get there. But I really don't see what TFP could gain by such a lie because the assets sold off are public, anyone (journalists, lawyers...) can just check pacer or ask the courts for that information.



    So with "7D2D on console in its current state" you mean the rather old version that is sold on the playstation store, right? Not the software that is 3/4 on the way to a new version according to TFP.

    Even if only that asset were sold someone might bid on that in the hope of further sales in the playstation store. When 7D2D goes out of EA and continues to be successful he could hope for more sales on playstation from people who don't check exactly what they are getting or are just interested in seeing what 7D2D is like. They might not pay 30 $ or euros, but if he sells it for 15, he still get a lot of sales. This is not likely but possible.

    Also that someone might bid on it and hope TFP will buy from him for a slighty increased price, say 5% more. This is a common practice on practically all auction platforms,

    But if it is only that old 7D2D version, why would TFP even bid on it? If they already owned the code IG produced they could just put up a version made a few days after the release of the old version and call it 1.1.

    So again, since TFP wants to bid on the auction (if we believe that), then they are after the code parts that IG produced, the parts produced after the current playstation version. I don't see anything else they could need.



    Their code yes, BUT NOT IG's code. What is IG's code? Simply the code that is left after you subtract all of TFP's lines. Unusable on its own, sure (so TFP surely is protected even if someone else gets it), but payed for with TTG's money and very probably owned by them. Otherwise TFP would have no reason to bid in that auction.



    Please google the term "long tail". The old 7D2D version on the playstation store is NOT worthless. And the new code is worth as much as TFP is willing to pay for it.
    meganoth,
    I get what you are saying, and thank you for not being hateful about your point of view. Bottom line and I hope I am wrong, but I don't see anything going forward with 7D2D on console.

    Going to wait back in the dark closet hoping to hear something "new" but certainly not holding my breath that we will hear anything. Would be nice to hear TFP say they made an offer or anything at all, even we don't have any new news.

  9. #294
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Appreciated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog44 View Post
    I don't claim to know much of anything but allow me to divulge what I think in regards to your complaints.

    The game is abandoned for the time being. Best to consider it dead. If we get any updates, YAY, but seems unlikely. I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

    Funpimps could, heck if you have the resources and contacts then I reckon you could create 7 days to die 2. They ( from my limited understanding ) are just now having the lawyers fling poo at each other and we all know how quickly that gets resolved. I think Claire is no longer involved in any aspect of it so you might be barking up the wrong tree on that. Now she may know some stuff we don't and just can't share it. Play the game as is or don't, but for the time being accept that it is a done deal with no new additions or repairs. If you don't expect anything new added your disappointment is greatly adminished and if on the unlikely even something is, imagine your surprise.
    Im much more disappointed on missing out on the new engine rather than new content! So yes, I still play but not half as often, and with such an amasing premise Its gutting this has gone the way it has.

    As for megamonolith or whatever the name was, plug that hole in your head because if you couldnt work out I was after a more up to date message from someone with a bit of weight rather than your useless comments you need to go regress that conditioned mind. Much love.
    Last edited by Wysh; 5 Days Ago at 09:38 AM.

  10. #295
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
    Im much more disappointed on missing out on the new engine rather than new content! So yes, I still play but not half as often, and with such an amasing premise Its gutting this has gone the way it has.

    As for megamonolith or whatever the name was, plug that hole in your head because if you couldnt work out I was after a more up to date message from someone with a bit of weight rather than your useless comments you need to go regress that conditioned mind. Much love.
    Oh I am with you. I wish the engine had been brought in as well before the collapse. I remember a friend of mine who I got hooked on this game was telling me all about the new engine and what was going to be available etc... Like a kid before Christmas excitement. Your disappointment is related and understandable. Hey who knows, we may get lucky. But I am still satisfied with my purchase. Play on!

  11. #296
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
    As for megamonolith or whatever the name was, plug that hole in your head because if you couldnt work out I was after a more up to date message from someone with a bit of weight rather than your useless comments you need to go regress that conditioned mind. Much love.
    Well, I first had a more elaborate answer prepared but then dropped it. I figured either you really didn't see that first message (yes, a very slim chance) or you might get the hint that this is the only news you will get until the auction is over. Or it is a waste of time telling you anyway. Peace
    Last edited by meganoth; 5 Days Ago at 02:46 PM.

  12. #297
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Has there been any news on the results of the Telltale auction? Haven't been able to find anything yet.

  13. #298
    Nomad ZombieHoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    The deepest wallow in HoGland
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    1
    Afaik this was the begin of the auction. These things can take a long time. I'm pretty sure someone of TFP will make a post if they got reliable answers.
    I'm curious too, btw

  14. #299
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0
    The only thing that might have been done is the people who are owed money by TTG were to file as creditor and what was owed. That had to be done by last week I believe. I have not seen the assets TTG has listed for sale, so it is possible that hasn't even happened yet. The fact we don't hear from anyone about any kind of status leads me to believe that console is done, but no one wants to say anything about it. The amount of variables in this deal are more then likely too much for anything positive to happen. I hope I am wrong but the lack of communication to me seems to be the writing on the wall. Man, I hope I am wrong.

  15. #300
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,420
    Rep Power
    1
    2 people recently has made announcements of some kind. (Maybe not about where console stand at the moment but they have explained things). Not sure what more needs to be said. I mean do we really need one of TFP themselves to come in here and say sorry no new news? I mean like some has said because this stuff is so public knowledge try and look it up and see. Oh wait it isn't that easy huh so must not be so public. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

    On the bright side of things Sony has announced a little teaser on the ps5 😁😁😁

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •