Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 415

Thread: Telltale Update

  1. #121
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hugojheredia View Post
    I really think it's very good news for those of us who are waiting for the console version. if I do not understand bad Telltale (or what is left) will be forced to fix all your legal problems, which, I imagine, will include the publication rights in console. Waiting for an official word in this forum.
    Should be good news, but likely the fact there is no money left on the console side, I am willing to give 2-1 odds that no one will pickup the pieces. I am hopeful like you but the sad reality is I just don't see it happening. Was really looking forward to the "really cool stuff" they said they were working on for the last update. Once again, I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.

  2. #122
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    0
    Why is this still open?

  3. #123
    Inventor PoppaTot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    894
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoringmywife1 View Post
    Why is this still open?
    Because it hasn't been closed?....

  4. #124
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    0
    Lol thank goodness for captain obvious. W/e would we do without him.

  5. #125
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Provence, France
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    Should be good news, but likely the fact there is no money left on the console side.
    100% agree.
    TellTales is going liquidated, they will ask for money in exchange of the console 7DTD IP licence.
    They won't care about Iron Galaxy getting not paid or a free mandatory update being required in order to fix remaining bugs.
    If you were a company CEO, would you be interested in buying an old IP requiring additional money in debugging and only a few new sales possible as there are many competitors now in the market, including huge ones ?

  6. #126
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    100% agree.
    TellTales is going liquidated, they will ask for money in exchange of the console 7DTD IP licence.
    They won't care about Iron Galaxy getting not paid or a free mandatory update being required in order to fix remaining bugs.
    If you were a company CEO, would you be interested in buying an old IP requiring additional money in debugging and only a few new sales possible as there are many competitors now in the market, including huge ones ?
    -DLC... I play on PC and Console and I am willing to pay for a Vehicle DLC Bundle for PS4. $19.99 sounds great for a Motorcycle to a Gyro-Copter unlock (As in craft-able when you get the skills). For those that find that price to high, they can wait for 1/2 price sales.

    -Personal note, I believe TFP deserve recompense for this great game, and I play Fallout 76 among other big names and I keep coming back to 7dtd because it offers many aspects that those corporate run titles charge far too much money for or are not interested in satisfying because it's not lucrative enough for them to be bothered. TFP don't get enough credit for their efforts. Just an observation.

    -Krow
    Last edited by krow; 01-29-2019 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Specifying craft-able

  7. #127
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Iím sure Iím way out of date here, But does alpha 17 update only come for pc players?

  8. #128
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,777
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrx1979 View Post
    I’m sure I’m way out of date here, But does alpha 17 update only come for pc players?
    Totally.

    Once TFP can pull the rights out of the cold dead hands of TellTale, work can begin on finishing the next update that Iron Galaxy was getting close to completing. That will give the console a good chunk of a16 changes.

  9. #129
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm still pouring a shed load of hours into this game, there's just nothing like it on console, it runs great and the md5 error is no longer a problem when using the 'workaround fix' so no more lost progress.

    Here's hoping things can be worked out soon, seeing the update 17 on pc has me green with envy.

  10. #130
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Totally.

    Once TFP can pull the rights out of the cold dead hands of TellTale, work can begin on finishing the next update that Iron Galaxy was getting close to completing. That will give the console a good chunk of a16 changes.
    Do you have any proof that this is going to happen? Did you work for TTG or IG? Not sure how you would know any of this is going to happen. Let alone that IG "was getting close to completing" the update we were told was being worked on. Please post where you got your info, as I would love to be wrong and what you posted is going to happen. But I live in Missouri so Show Me.

    I know TFP said they want to support console, but it certainly doesn't look like anyone will do anything with the current status of the game, on the console side. If there isn't new money for the console side, I don't see anyone paying for rights to a game that have no new revenue coming in for it.

    TFP didn't even mention on console side about the merch for sale on Amazon. If it would help get that last update I would buy a T-shirt, but we didn't get that announcement for a reason. IMHO.

  11. #131
    Colony Founder meganoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,024
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    Do you have any proof that this is going to happen? Did you work for TTG or IG? Not sure how you would know any of this is going to happen. Let alone that IG "was getting close to completing" the update we were told was being worked on. Please post where you got your info, as I would love to be wrong and what you posted is going to happen. But I live in Missouri so Show Me.

    I know TFP said they want to support console, but it certainly doesn't look like anyone will do anything with the current status of the game, on the console side. If there isn't new money for the console side, I don't see anyone paying for rights to a game that have no new revenue coming in for it.

    TFP didn't even mention on console side about the merch for sale on Amazon. If it would help get that last update I would buy a T-shirt, but we didn't get that announcement for a reason. IMHO.
    Speaking with just as much information as you have: The console port is encased in 20 meters of steel blocks as long as the legal stuff isn't finished, with the auction somewhere in the future. Until that date there is no sense in doing anything, TFP probably don't even have any rights to access the code at all. What did you have in mind with "look like anyone will do anything with"?

    What SylenThunder is probably refering to is the public statement of TFP that they want to get the rights for the console port and continue it's development (as far as I remember). Please read the original statement to find out exactly what TFP said though, I'm just rephrasing from memory and don't want to misrepresent their statement.

    So it is a reasonable expectation that they will make a bid at the auction. It is also reasonable that they can't guarantee to be the highest bidder, but it follows there should be at least one bidder, i.e. TFP themselves.

    As long as TFP can't guarantee their success in aquiring the rights I would consider it a really really bad idea to advertise merchandise on the console side ! That would be a recipe for a ♥♥♥♥ storm, don't you think?

  12. #132
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Speaking with just as much information as you have: The console port is encased in 20 meters of steel blocks as long as the legal stuff isn't finished, with the auction somewhere in the future. Until that date there is no sense in doing anything, TFP probably don't even have any rights to access the code at all. What did you have in mind with "look like anyone will do anything with"?

    What SylenThunder is probably refering to is the public statement of TFP that they want to get the rights for the console port and continue it's development (as far as I remember). Please read the original statement to find out exactly what TFP said though, I'm just rephrasing from memory and don't want to misrepresent their statement.

    So it is a reasonable expectation that they will make a bid at the auction. It is also reasonable that they can't guarantee to be the highest bidder, but it follows there should be at least one bidder, i.e. TFP themselves.

    As long as TFP can't guarantee their success in aquiring the rights I would consider it a really really bad idea to advertise merchandise on the console side ! That would be a recipe for a ♥♥♥♥ storm, don't you think?
    Yes, I would agree it could be a crap storm. Of course if TFP do purchase back the rights, how do you think they will re-coup their money? It isn’t like you can sell more copies to console users. Those that wanted it bought it, so the revenue for your ROI of buying the rights back would be minimal to nothing. I will admit I don’t know the ins and outs of selling publishing rights to a game that TFP own. I would also consider buying a t-shirt if I thought that it would help get that last update with those really cool features that TTG said would be in the update. It is also possible that the update won’t work and TTG and IG found out the hard way, but no one wants to just tell the truth about it.

    I agree this is a pickle and all I am asking for is honest information. I asked Sylen where this information posted came from. Once they get the rights back and finish up the update that “was getting close to completing”. Come April 14th or so as I forgot the exact date in the legal document posted earlier we should know who is buying what from TTG. My fear is that is when we will hear the update isn’t going to happen. Just like my post back in June or so of last year asking about the update and any info on it, because I was pretty sure by the lack of communication that the update wasn’t going to happen.

    While I won’t be thrilled if it doesn’t happen, I am a big boy and understand sometimes things just don’t go the way we want them to. I would just like to know where we stand. I know TFP said in some way the would support console, but I also understand a business needs to make money and the console might be where it is because of limitations beyond their control. I also understand there is a legal aspect of it. That said most legal stuff is public record, so it might not be a lack of communication from a legal point.

    I hope that makes sense, and you understand my point of view.

  13. #133
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0
    A new game come to consoles...



    REALLY!?


  14. #134
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,777
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hugojheredia View Post
    A new game come to consoles...



    REALLY!?

    That was released on consoles a month before the shutdown. How exactly is it relevant to this thread?

    I mean really the only relation is that Telltale released the port before the shutdown.
    It was released on console as a finished game, while the PC version is still in Alpha development.

    I'm sure the people who bought that game are in the same boat we are.

  15. #135
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    1
    Please stop with the "Finished Product" quote, no matter how many times you say it, it just isn't true. Finished product would mean the game works as intended, and that has never been true. The constant crashes, md5 errors, inability to connect errors, and on and on are prima facia proof this game was not finished on console. Also, no matter how you say it, you cannot market a product as finished based on an unfinished model, the logic just doesn't hold.

    The game may have been "Sold as finished" but definitely was not finished. Telltale may be the prime player in the mishandling of the console game but Iron Galaxy and yes, TFP hold some liability as well. Own up to your screw up and move on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •