Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Telltale Update

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet-HITMAN View Post
    Can we get an update for once on this? Have you made any progress in getting the rights back from Telltale? Anything?
    I wouldnt count on any update to be honest. The only time anything of value was posted here was when Claire was still an employee and even then it happened rarely. TFP have not given any consideration to consol players since day 1 so i doubt they will now

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    "The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

In re-reading the original statement from TFP. If the termination also severed TTG rights to any future updates or sequels then what exactly would TFP have to buy at the bankruptcy auction??? What value would be in a game that most people agree still has some issues and would require another update that in theory would not be possible with TFP issuing a new agreement.

Most of the legal stuff should be public knowledge. I agree with a previous post that console is likely dead, and no one want to just say it. I would love to be wrong or even have some acknowledgment that it is dead. Rip that band-aid off and then some of us an move on. Just ignore the flamers.
    I would guess they need the rights to the sources of the console port. Otherwise they would have to start at zero with porting it. And THAT would be absolutely killing it as they would have to pour a sizable fraction of the porting costs into it again but without any hope of getting a similar fraction of the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet-HITMAN View Post
    Can we get an update for once on this? Have you made any progress in getting the rights back from Telltale? Anything?
    The info is out that there will be a bankruptcy auction for whatever rights Telltale still has in a few months. As usual in legal proceedings there is a date set and before that date everyone just sits around and waits. Courts are busy and each simple step takes weeks and months.

To my (limited) knowledge there is also no way for an out-of-court agreement once the bankruptcy court has taken over and set a date for an auction. So not even a miracle will produce new facts. There is a date. Period.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    The info is out that there will be a bankruptcy auction for whatever rights Telltale still has in a few months. As usual in legal proceedings there is a date set and before that date everyone just sits around and waits. Courts are busy and each simple step takes weeks and months.

To my (limited) knowledge there is also no way for an out-of-court agreement once the bankruptcy court has taken over and set a date for an auction. So not even a miracle will produce new facts. There is a date. Period.
    This was posted a while ago. Just putting it here again....

Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    Hello.
    Just a quick summary as you have missed the Telltales horror movie xD

TellTales is currently liquidating it's assets and liabilities, including IPs, and Sherwood Partners is in charge of this task.
    Sherwood Partners has apparently set a deadline on April 9, 2019 to register claims, so don't expect anything new until this date unless a miracle.
    Source : https://gamedaily.biz/article/385/te...ved-from-steam
    Even with that information you can probably bet that it's not likely going to be until at least May or June before there's any new news about it.