Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Telltale Update

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    I am sure that TFP could confirm if they bought the rights, if they did buy the rights. Would have been nice to hear from TFP after the auction with any info they did have, assuming they did put a bid in for the asset. For all we know they didn't bid on it, and have no intention of doing anything with 7D2D for console. But hey, this silence is golden.
    I just dont see anyone but TFP being interested in getting the rights to a 3 yearish old game. that doesn't mean they want to invest more money into it, so no acknowledgement. whoever got it would have to work with TFP to do anything with it so.....

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    I just dont see anyone but TFP being interested in getting the rights to a 3 yearish old game. that doesn't mean they want to invest more money into it, so no acknowledgement. whoever got it would have to work with TFP to do anything with it so.....
    I agree, but as someone else posted about the long tail, there might be some willing to gamble that they will make money for any additional games sold via the online console stores from now until it is removed from the console stores. You can still buy 7D2D on the PS store for $29.99. Which I assume would go to the new owner of the code.

I agree if you wanted to do anything else you would need to contact TFP. Of course we will see what Sony says about future sales of the game. Not sure how long I will need to email them, but I have started that communication.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    There are no absolutes when money is involved.

TFP might be willing to invest for example $300.000 into a console version, but not $3 million (somewhere inbetween those two values might be a line TFP doesn't want to cross). And most of that money needs to go into finishing that version, not all can be used for the auction.

Someone else might be interested to buy a 3 yearish old game for $30.000, but not for $300.000, because he still expects the game to sell copies for more than that amount over the next decade (EDIT: or as Freestyle604 says until it is removed from the console stores. That very much depends on what Telltale and TFP agreed upon in their contract, all bidders would have had the information available before the auction starts whether they have the rights to sell it indefinitely or if it hangs on TFP's approval)

We can only surmise with some certainty that TFP has the biggest interest of all potential bidders and therefore might see more value in it than anyone else (i.e. the sum of sales projection PLUS what the source code is worth to them for further development). But long term sales projection of a game is anything but an exact number. So if TFP undervalued the long term sales and some other company overvalued them that company might still have made a higher bid than TFP. TFP is just the most probable winner of the auction.
    Last edited by meganoth; 05-14-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Survivor
    Just stopping in to say heya to everyone and let you all know im still here either way

Refugee

Documentary on Telltale closure

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystrike2778 View Post
    Just stopping in to say heya to everyone and let you all know im still here either way
    https://youtu.be/s-2nNksMBpg

Here's a new documentary on the circumstances surrounding the collapse of Telltale games. There's a lot of information in this.

Refugee
    Telltale Bros I know your condition but just can you tell me that is there will be any update on PS4.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankalp View Post
    Telltale Bros I know your condition but just can you tell me that is there will be any update on PS4.
    If you knew the condition, you wouldn't be asking this question.

Refugee
    I'm just staying hopefully and biding my time. If the update comes, it comes and the community and I are happy. If not, then we just have to accept that not everything can be perfect. While I do have an intense hunger for new information regarding what will happen to the console editions, I don't find it necessary to hound the developers for information they don't have. I probably check on this forum once a week, just in case, but never really think of posting. But the overwhelming amount of people begging for answers is absurd, if you want my honest opinion. When they have information, that little number next to 'News & Announcements' will change from 56, to 57. Until then, we should give TFP the room they need to try and get the rights, and focus on doing what they have to. They are a developer above all else, a company. And since they have a platform that can currently get updates, they are going to work on that.

Long story short, when they have information to give us, they will give it to us. They're not going to hide it from their consumers that they got what we've been wanting.
    Sorry Sylen, I just had to state that, for anyone that's constantly asking for information. It bothers me seeing everyone hounding them after it's been explained multiple times that when they have info, they will share.
    Last edited by ZachTotaline; 05-16-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Refugee
    It's just another payday 2 mess. But instead of overkill it's the fun pimps.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Octavious View Post
    It's just another payday 2 mess. But instead of overkill it's Telltale Games.
    Fixed that for you.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachTotaline View Post
    Long story short, when they have information to give us, they will give it to us. They're not going to hide it from their consumers that they got what we've been wanting.
    Sorry Sylen, I just had to state that, for anyone that's constantly asking for information. It bothers me seeing everyone hounding them after it's been explained multiple times that when they have info, they will share.
    I am going to slightly disagree with you here. There is information right now and that is who owns the console code from the auction of assets from TTG. Either TFP own it or someone else owns it. That nugget of info would be huge IMHO since it would at least give us a vague idea of who is thinking what. I do agree with everything else you posted as we will have to wait and see, but TFP know if they got the asset from the auction or not, and if they did they using your words “they’re not going to hide it from their consumers that they got what we’ve been wanting”. So why not say yes we own it or no we didn’t win it. If they don’t own it, then I can have my own opinions as to what is going to happen after that. If they do own it then maybe give some insight on what TFP would like to do, with the understanding that it still might not happen. TFP are a for profit business and I think the console port might not be in their business plan. PC hardware vs PS4 hardware issues. The post about the long tail, and I apologize I forget who posted it, could be TFP idea as well. Just get any future sales on the ps4/xbox.

Refugee
    Just keeping the dream alive baby!

sigh i hope this mess gets sorted out someday.. + i hope 7D2D has a future with next gen consoles which are on the horizon...

Quote Originally Posted by XxUnkn0wnxX View Post
    sigh i hope this mess gets sorted out someday.. + i hope 7D2D has a future with next gen consoles which are on the horizon...
    the second wish will come true (says sony):
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...-gen_says_sony

Refugee
    so in light of recent events...

Telltale games are being delisted off of GOG, https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...d_from_GOG.php steam and other store fronts if they haven't already, the GOG delisting is new news,
    Epic games store have had telltale games up for a while and it's safe to assume they have full publishing rights now since they also published the last walking dead episode
    Stranded deep, telltale's publishing other game that was due to release in october on consoles but was cancelled last minute due to collapse has just given confirmation that it has won the rights back and has now struck a deal with a new publisher https://twitter.com/BeamTeamGames/st...16084967845888
    Fingers crossed this means an update for consoles from funpimps on weather they bought the rights or whoever did? by no means an game update but some news, hopefully more soon