Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Update

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    That was released on consoles a month before the shutdown. How exactly is it relevant to this thread?

I mean really the only relation is that Telltale released the port before the shutdown.
    It was released on console as a finished game, while the PC version is still in Alpha development.

I'm sure the people who bought that game are in the same boat we are.
    I think you misunderstood it. so I understand the game does not end up coming out. I was just surprised to discover that another game had fallen out of favor like 7 Day to die.

Scavenger
    That was released on consoles a month before the shutdown. How exactly is it relevant to this thread?

I mean really the only relation is that Telltale released the port before the shutdown.
    It was released on console as a finished game, while the PC version is still in Alpha development.

I'm sure the people who bought that game are in the same boat we are.
    Really not sure where you get your info, but this game never was released for console.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n34...further-notice

What I'm understanding from this is that TFP has the rights to the IP, however due to them contracting TTG to make source code, in turn they contracted IG to make the source code, is that IG refuses to give the source code to TFP...

I'm just hoping if they have to make a new port that people with the TTG disk dont have to buy a new copy or can atleast get a new copy free.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    Really not sure where you get your info, but this game never was released for console.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n34...further-notice
    Hahaa thank you Google.

I looked up the release date, and all I got was a bunch of stuff saying it came out in October.

I stand corrected.

snip
    Quote Originally Posted by abuezz View Post
    I'm just hoping if they have to make a new port that people with the TTG disk dont have to buy a new copy or can atleast get a new copy free.
    Wouldn't mind. Got my Disc for 25 bugs and put (still putting) more than 1000 hours into the game. This game is (for me) the best bargain i ever made for PS4. I would be glad to do this again .

Quote Originally Posted by sandman2838 View Post
    Please stop with the "Finished Product" quote, no matter how many times you say it, it just isn't true. Finished product would mean the game works as intended, and that has never been true. The constant crashes, md5 errors, inability to connect errors, and on and on are prima facia proof this game was not finished on console. Also, no matter how you say it, you cannot market a product as finished based on an unfinished model, the logic just doesn't hold.

The game may have been "Sold as finished" but definitely was not finished. Telltale may be the prime player in the mishandling of the console game but Iron Galaxy and yes, TFP hold some liability as well. Own up to your screw up and move on.
    Pimps never said it was finished. Post a link to prove otherwise.

This entire thread should just be deleted. Because half the people posting are clueless and donít understand business arrangements, law, or PRERELEASE GAMES
    Last edited by stasis78; 02-15-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Tracker
    The CONSOLE version was sold as a finished product. You don't know what you're talking about.

Refugee
    Yeah, it was sold as a finished product on xbox, i remember it clearly and boy was it a mess, in runs fine now though and i still return to it regularly because there's nothing else like it on console.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoringmywife1 View Post
    The CONSOLE version was sold as a finished product. You don't know what you're talking about.
    "Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing with the upgrade to Unity 2017. We are still on track and currently working on ensuring the menus are behaving as they should with the new upgrade. After that we'll be moving onto getting the core single player game working on the new engine having already gotten a first bootable build with functional front-end UI.

We're eager to tackle the more persistent bugs in the game once the upgrade is complete, and excited to start to add some of the new features from A15 and A16 including new map locations for you to explore.

Thank you all once again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch again soon with more details on the progress of the upgrade and Patch 14.

Until then, happy surviving!
    The 7DTD Console Team"

This post is from TTG. Doesn't sound like it was a "finished product". If you could post your link where it says it was a finished product then I stand corrected. IMHO, they were not finished and they appeared to be still working on it, until things went sideways.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by stasis78 View Post
    Pimps never said it was finished. Post a link to prove otherwise.

This entire thread should just be deleted. Because half the people posting are clueless and don’t understand business arrangements, law, or PRERELEASE GAMES
    While your argument may hold water on the PC side which is still in Alpha, the console side has always been considered a finished product based on A14. Now that does not mean it hasn't been upgraded to more recent alphas as far as content is concerned, nor has it been treated as finished as they continued to work out the bugs. The problem is, the work on the bugs came to a crawl as everyone applauded the added content. It's been a bit of flash and sleight of hand as they upgrade some stuff and shelf that which they can't handle. Then they closed up, leaving us in the mess we are in now.

- - - Updated - - -

This post is referring to the update they were working on.

Tracker
    Ask a moderater. That's all you have to do. I've been told many times very condescendingly that the console version was sold as a finished product. Sylen? Where you at on this one?

Scavenger
    Ask a moderater. That's all you have to do. I've been told many times very condescendingly that the console version was sold as a finished product. Sylen? Where you at on this one?
    a quote from TFP for this thread.

"Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltaleís actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future."

Not sure why they would post this if this game was a finished product. I get polishing up a game by fixing bugs at the end. But if you are talking about adding new (for the console) content then I am going to say it isn't finished. If the game was finished then I don't see why TFP would spend any time/money getting their "rights" back. Let alone make the statment of efforts to aid console players in the future.

Tracker
    Lol. I read the forums every day man. I've read this and almost every post for the last two years. You still don't know what you're talking about. Link some more old threads... like I said, ask Sylen if it was sold as a finished product. They promised to keep updating, doesn't mean it was sold as a finished product on CONSOLE. I'm done talking about this. You obviously don't read the forums every day or you would know that. It's common knowledge.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Lol. I read the forums every day man. I've read this and almost every post for the last two years. You still don't know what you're talking about. Link some more old threads... like I said, ask Sylen if it was sold as a finished product. They promised to keep updating, doesn't mean it was sold as a finished product on CONSOLE. I'm done talking about this. You obviously don't read the forums every day or you would know that. It's common knowledge.
    It's literally in a Sticky thread even!

Why is this sold as a finished product?

TFP is still developing the PC game, but Telltale/IG took a14.7 and worked on porting it to the consoles. It's sold as a finished product of the a14.7 version of the game. What you have, is what was in the PC version at that time. New PC content may or may not be added to the Console version.

"Madmole created a video explaining the PC to console porting process and what to expect going forward in regards to current and future PC features making it over to console." ~Roland
    Console Development Video
    (Source)

Tracker
    I think what freestyle is trying to say is, regardless of the constant statements of the console being sold as a finished game, it was not a finished game and has been treated as such. A finished game is just that, finished! IF this product had ben sold and left as released with only updates being bug fixes, you might get away with the "Finished Game" statement. I say might because although a finished game may have some minor bugs, this game has major flaws that still exist that loudly declare "NOT FINISHED". Add to that the game has received way too many updates to be considered finished, (not to mention that the most recent update that never happened included a change to a Unity engine that didn't exist when the game was released, so once again..."Not Finished."

I can stand on the street corner shouting as loud as I can that the world is flat, but that doesn't make it true! Now, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. The console is not deserving of any future updates except those required to make it a finished game. Unfortunately, those updates, (Fixing the multiplayer, especially on PS4, and fixing the MD5, especially on XBox1) will probably never happen.

Of course, if you live in an alternate universe where "Finished Product" has some other meaning, your opinion may differ, but in this universe, finished means finished. A bowl of batter is not a finished cake, and a frame, handlebars, tires, motor and a battery is not a finished mini bike.