Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 415

Thread: Telltale Update

  1. #16
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for keeping us informed, I’m checking back every few weeks for any new news, so frustrating knowing that the update was so near to being finished, still love the game! Thanks fun pimps!

  2. #17
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0
    Is it possible to update the first post when more news comes?

  3. #18
    Survivor Gutterputty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Man i wish i could go back in time
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    0
    Looks like the news is pretty grim for the console edition. I play the PC version but also own it on PS4. My 10 year old son and i play it on console together all the time. I have been following this since the news was released and waiting for the new update.

    I just do not see this ending well for the console edition. My son keeps asking when the new update is coming. I broke the news to him after i read TFP update on it. After reading this update, in my gut i really think the consloe version is pretty much done. I hope i am wrong, but the news is not good.

  4. #19
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterputty View Post
    Looks like the news is pretty grim for the console edition. I play the PC version but also own it on PS4. My 10 year old son and i play it on console together all the time. I have been following this since the news was released and waiting for the new update.

    I just do not see this ending well for the console edition. My son keeps asking when the new update is coming. I broke the news to him after i read TFP update on it. After reading this update, in my gut i really think the consloe version is pretty much done. I hope i am wrong, but the news is not good.
    It's iffy at best but it's not TFP's fault and it looks like they are trying everything they can to remedy it. Just going to have to be patient and wait and see.

  5. #20
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    1
    I keep reading how "The Console Version is done" because Telltale went under but still control the rights to the game. As far as I can tell, my current version of the game seems to be pretty good. So, I have to deal with the crashes and the potential terrain rewrites, but from what I have seen over the past two years, Tell Tale's updates wouldn't have fixed them anyway. Those problems seem ingrained into the core of the game, and unless there's a major rewrite (hint hint) I believe those problem will remain. Any update Tell Tale had in the works was little more than window dressing. Neat window dressing at times, but just that.

    If TFP is serious about the console version then find a real publisher interested in releasing a part two, where you add things like a story line, NPC's, real online multi-player capabilities, etc. And don't try and tell me the current consoles can't handle it because that's just plain rubbish. There are way to many games out there with more capabilities, better graphics and better optimization. The console may not be able to handle it as written, but then who says it can't be rewritten? The real question is, will there be a payoff in sales, and unless you really do something different, the history of this game on console makes that unlikely.

    For now I'll just continue as is and not worry about those dang crows and feral hogs.

  6. #21
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,693
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman2838 View Post
    ... And don't try and tell me the current consoles can't handle it because that's just plain rubbish. There are way to many games out there with more capabilities, better graphics and better optimization.
    ...
    Name one other console game that has a fully destructible 3D world with SI calculation and a randomly generated map.

    Just one.

  7. #22
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0
    I already suggested this a few times: Ask on PSN and XB Marketplace for donations to rebuy the rights as soon as TTG lets you know what they want to hand them over.

    After this you guys can continue updating what makes it way easier to regain financial support covered by rising popularity.

  8. #23
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Is there anything we can do as players or do we just have to sit and wait?

  9. #24
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    24hr rgen (seed name)
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    to me its just sad that a game like this, which is unlike any other game most of us have played, with what seems to be a rather strong fanbase, is now going to be lost because a drowning TT ceo wants to drink as much blood as he can on his way out the door because of his own companies failings, and his empty pockets. ultimately this is hurting the titles they supported (i have a feeling its not just 7d2d). but it seems the timing is right. its time you guys listened to some of these comments for once (lol)^ and rebrand this game or something. id honestly buy it all over again (and it seems alot of fans would-so milk this cow) for twice as much and deal with constant glitches and a melting xbox simply to enjoy some of the new content that is now exclusive to op pcs. really-we dont mind. we understand the limitations. pushing the envelope and such and ya. sylen has been constantly keeping us aware i see weekly posts on him reminding the community of the insufficient xbox and broken saving methods. people are simply gunna complain dude its broken, and has little to no support. especially now.

    this isnt a going away speech so try not to get triggered you mods ,

    but since i wont be back for a while i will say, in conclusion, that if you guys cant get this update out soon, consider not doing it. Finish that PC version were all jealous of, drop a REAL version on a later console...or an optimized rebrand on consoles today, miles away from telltales dying hands. something that we can call complete so you never have to deal with these issues and constant dramas again. and i hope that you guys make less bad decisions as a company.

    big examples:

    your communication methods:
    just wow lol been here 2 years and you have no idea how far we have been strung along hahahaha. better to have stayed quiet, or keep people on a weekly update of info or something. anything in between makes people ragequit or troll. a message about an update from devs every 2 months to me is like..."wow i need to find a new game with more support." also these people on the forums who are in control but know very little or give constant vague answers prolly hurt your reoccuring fanbase lol. they have alot of info on why content isnt here, rather than info on how its all coming along, and even i have been told to go away and that noone cares. this gives the whole "train running with no conductor" feeling.

    staff choices (obviously):
    i know theres no way devs could have been able to tell that TT was gunna dissolve. hopefully in the future you guys can find something both affordable and effecient, because this has a really good concept-poorly excecuted lol. This entire time, i feel like i was lucky to have even heard of this game. i see it nowhere on any of the digital stores main pages. i never even saw the console hard copy once in stores (i go often and im in a densly populated area where it should be offered). it also CLEARLY released way too early for consoles, likely because you guys needed pocket money. all of this hurt the game. to this day, it should be considered early acess beta type stuff...and xbox has a section for stuff like this.

    broken release:
    been watching things for a while now, and i feel like this game has been a labor of love for you guys, that was rushed to aid its development and pay its devs, and prolly wouldnt have come this far for PC players if you guys had not leeched the console community with a broken game. but i say to that-cheers. sometimes you gotta break some eggs to make an omelet. and we all should be glad that it came this far. my best guess is the half life of this game on pc is quite limited as well now, due to that money source stopping. im guessing you guys will be mid update too lol, but will prolly get a few more updates at least while they justify a few paychecks. or they might put a fork in this game soon
    and call it done before they collapse inwards. likely after an update or two. and for that i hope everyone is ok, and the minds that put this together remain intact.

    good luck to all and i hope for the best and i hope you can still sell the game to your majority audience and hopefully rebrand or sequel your amazing content. despite all of negative opinions and constant issues with this game and EVEN WITH 1 UPDATE A YEAR AND FAILED PROMISES, i would still totally buy anything you guys release. this has been groundbreaking and we will all remember the first REAL voxel game .

  10. #25
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Honestly i feel bad for TFP they pretty much got stabbed in the back by TT. This isnt like ark where the company is making all of the versions. This is them contracting another company to port their game. Any communication issues fell on TT/ Iron Galaxy as well as the slow pace of updates. They have repeatedly said they are working on the issue of rights etc for the console version. Its not abandoned simply delayed due to unforseen circumstances. As a side note the persistent issue of md5 on consoles is more of issue with how xbox live deals with backup save data. Who in their right mind overwrites their backup with corrupted data? Then you can simply delete your consoles save data after a crash, and only the corrupted data on your console and then when you start it back up it downloads the most recent correct save data and no md5 ever again.

  11. #26
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman2838 View Post
    I keep reading how "The Console Version is done" because Telltale went under but still control the rights to the game. As far as I can tell, my current version of the game seems to be pretty good. So, I have to deal with the crashes and the potential terrain rewrites, but from what I have seen over the past two years, Tell Tale's updates wouldn't have fixed them anyway. Those problems seem ingrained into the core of the game, and unless there's a major rewrite (hint hint) I believe those problem will remain. Any update Tell Tale had in the works was little more than window dressing. Neat window dressing at times, but just that.
    They were supposedly creating a whole new game engine. So the update was going to be massive and should have fixed some of the major glitches.

  12. #27
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0
    I hope that when everything is solved and also can make a great update to the console version ... relaunch the game with all the included diffusion. because the game is great, it deserves to do very well and does not have much competition in consoles.

  13. #28
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    1
    Okay Sylen I understand how you see it, you've made that abundantly clear. The point isn't that this game does things no other game does, the point is, this game, regardless of what amazing things it does, has major flaws. You can try and blame xbox, playstation, microsoft, heck you can try and blame global warming but the fact is, the game was written/ported to a known entity. The dev's knew the capabilities of the systems they were porting it to, and if the systems can't handle it then don't write it. That would be like selling the PC game saying it would work on 1 gig of ram when you know full well it won't work properly with less than 4.

    You can try and blame the problem on the shortcomings of the console systems, but your argument just doesn't hold up to the BS test. If the game won't run properly on the console systems currently available then don't port it. The, if the game you port doesn't run properly, fix it! Don't appease the crowd with BS window dressing while ignoring the core issue that you screwed the pooch!

  14. #29
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,693
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman2838 View Post
    Okay Sylen I understand how you see it, you've made that abundantly clear. The point isn't that this game does things no other game does, the point is, this game, regardless of what amazing things it does, has major flaws. You can try and blame xbox, playstation, microsoft, heck you can try and blame global warming but the fact is, the game was written/ported to a known entity. The dev's knew the capabilities of the systems they were porting it to, and if the systems can't handle it then don't write it. That would be like selling the PC game saying it would work on 1 gig of ram when you know full well it won't work properly with less than 4.

    You can try and blame the problem on the shortcomings of the console systems, but your argument just doesn't hold up to the BS test. If the game won't run properly on the console systems currently available then don't port it. The, if the game you port doesn't run properly, fix it! Don't appease the crowd with BS window dressing while ignoring the core issue that you screwed the pooch!
    Which is exactly what I said when I first heard TellTale approached TFP with the idea of a console port.

    What's really painful, is that the next update with the updated version of Unity should greatly alleviate the limitations of the client on the consoles lack of hardware. Now everything is unsure.
    I play on the PS4, so I don't have to deal with the constant issue on the X-Box. That has been shown to be directly attributed to the way the OS handles the file system though. I really miss a lot of the features from the PC version, and the ability to play larger maps. Plus the lack of Zeds is pretty boring once you're in the higher levels. I restart a lot.

    They took a very CPU and RAM intensive game and tried to make it work on console hardware that was already obsolete when it came out in 2013. (Incidentally, that's near the time the PC Alpha first went public.) For what they attempted, they actually did a pretty good job. Sure it's got issues. You would have issues with your car if you constantly drove it at the speed limiter and never let off the gas. This isn't much different. It's running your console full throttle in order to do what it needs to run the client.

    You can't sit back and say "well all these other games don't have an issue", because no other game is attempting to pull off what this one is. That's what doesn't hold up to the BS test.

    If you want my honest opinion, TFP should have held off from allowing the console port until after the game was more stabilized with completed features.

  15. #30
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    Many are speculating as to the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles and The Fun Pimps wanted to give the community an update. The news of Telltale’s demise and insolvency was both a saddening and shocking event. With no warning, we learned the news the same day as the gaming public.

    Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.

    In the weeks following, we've been working in good faith with the remaining management at Telltale to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.

    Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltale’s actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

    The Fun Pimps will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

    I have said already that this game is one of a kind, I love it, with or without the update, crashes or not. I was stoked about another possible update happening, but regardless, I will continue to play this game. There isn't another one like it.

    Will some continue to complain about the status update shared and about not getting the update quick enough, I got stuck on the word "sequels" and am even more excited.

    This game brings a whole new level to console gaming. And just thinking about the possible sequels, and the Fun Pimps already knowing what they know because of this game, well, all I can say is BRING ON THE SEQUELS!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •