Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Update

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Name one other console game that has a fully destructible 3D world with SI calculation and a randomly generated map.

Just one.
    You know, you can copy and paste that all you want but it still doesn't excuse the poor job that crew did on the port. They could have optimized it a bit to run better on the consoles. If my HP laptop can run the PC version way better than either console version, that's sad.

Nomad
    I read it all twice and the part that sticks in my head is ''continuing efforts to aid console players in the future''. Well that says it all,consoles dead.
    Even if this future comes they will aid us. I guess thats fix some more MD5 triggers not sure. Nowhere does it say new publisher with the update still coming. The console version is done. Its been fun but my old ass is moving on. Take care and go outside.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    You know, you can copy and paste that all you want but it still doesn't excuse the poor job that crew did on the port. They could have optimized it a bit to run better on the consoles. If my HP laptop can run the PC version way better than either console version, that's sad.
    That depends on the HP laptop you have, mine has an Intel i6 processor. My Xbox one x runs games better then it and it half the prices.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    I read it all twice and the part that sticks in my head is ''continuing efforts to aid console players in the future''. Well that says it all,consoles dead.
    Even if this future comes they will aid us. I guess thats fix some more MD5 triggers not sure. Nowhere does it say new publisher with the update still coming. The console version is done. Its been fun but my old ass is moving on. Take care and go outside.
    Then why post that your moving on. your just trying to get a rise out of them. If you are really done with the game then don't post it just go, me my friends love playing this after a BS filled day at work getting ready for next horde we are on days 475 on our 10th world.

Desert, wasteland or in small burnt village
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 117561 View Post
    That depends on the HP laptop you have, mine has an Intel i6 processor. My Xbox one x runs games better then it and it half the prices.
    Intel i6 why not i8? ... XBOX ... two missed hits in one reply...

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanPatriot View Post
    I already suggested this a few times: Ask on PSN and XB Marketplace for donations to rebuy the rights as soon as TTG lets you know what they want to hand them over.

After this you guys can continue updating what makes it way easier to regain financial support covered by rising popularity.
    Funds from the console version would go to Telltale.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    Funds from the console version would go to Telltale.
    You could do this after getting back the rights to cover costs. In any case they could need support by us cause I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.

Inventor
    You could do this after getting back the rights to cover costs. In any case they could need support by us cause I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.
    There are two problems with this plan. 1st, they cannot do anything toward the console version until they get the rights back. 2nd. There is no longer a large enough fan following to fund it. The state of the game gas burned too many to quickly.

Tracker
    ...I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.
    100% agree with nootcase, and I should add, as one can expect, "3rd : developing on consoles is NOT the same thing as developing on PC, even if technically modern consoles are no more than a laptop PC, consoles holders (Sony and Microsoft) have requirements that need skills not needed on a PC release.
    That's why companies like Iron Galaxy exists.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    100% agree with nootcase, and I should add, as one can expect, "3rd : developing on consoles is NOT the same thing as developing on PC, even if technically modern consoles are no more than a laptop PC, consoles holders (Sony and Microsoft) have requirements that need skills not needed on a PC release.
    That's why companies like Iron Galaxy exists.
    It is only about economics, nothing more. And TFP is not prepared and was never founded for developing for consoles. Sooner or later they need to hire more employees in case they get the rights to do so as long as there is no new publisher.

Refugee
    Anyway we can help? GoFund me? Petition? Anything?

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Batpig93 View Post
    Anyway we can help? GoFund me? Petition? Anything?
    Like I said...I made that offers a million times but nobody ever replied. Maybe they are gonna make use of that opportunity as soon as the legal situation has been cleared up to continue the development.

Ranger
    with the next, next gen consoles due out in two years, it might be more realistic to hope TFP haven't been jaded and can have a fresh start then. of course we dont know the specs of these consoles yet and talk of streaming version may or may not make this possible.

I'd love to see the update come but speculation about how far along IG are is just that, speculation. who know how long they knew about TT's problems or when they stopped getting paid.

just got hit with another MD5 yesterday, at least I was only 39 days in but it devastated my base and I wasnt even near it. makes it so much worse when you play one and done.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    with the next, next gen consoles due out in two years, it might be more realistic to hope TFP haven't been jaded and can have a fresh start then. of course we dont know the specs of these consoles yet and talk of streaming version may or may not make this possible.

I'd love to see the update come but speculation about how far along IG are is just that, speculation. who know how long they knew about TT's problems or when they stopped getting paid.

just got hit with another MD5 yesterday, at least I was only 39 days in but it devastated my base and I wasnt even near it. makes it so much worse when you play one and done.
    It is possible to re-release 7 Days for the next gen consoles due to their massive hardware power which should be way powerful enough to handle the game properly. But this depends on estimations how popular 7DTD could become on the next gen consoles.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    It is possible to re-release 7 Days for the next gen consoles due to their massive hardware power which should be way powerful enough to handle the game properly. But this depends on estimations how popular 7DTD could become on the next gen consoles.
    If they (Sony/Microsoft) go down the streaming path like they have been implying, the hardware on the next gen consoles is going to be nearly as pathetic as the current gen.