Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A17 Bigger Backpack Mod!

Scavenger
    i do not know how XPath style work,,,there is no folder in 7 days to die called mods and if i make new folder and named it ,it does not work.
    edit it will be awesome if i can use that 90 backpack
    Last edited by mhwaso; 12-07-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by mhwaso View Post
    i do not know how XPath style work,,,there is no folder in 7 days to die called mods and if i make new folder and named it ,it does not work.
    edit it will be awesome if i can use that 90 backpack
    You make a mod folder in root directory. Then copy the mod into the folder.

Before anyone asks...

Xpath versions tested and working with the latest experimental build (B221).

Non-Xpath versions SHOULD work but untested atm.

Scavenger
    so to use Xpath i should make new folder called < mods > inside 7dtd folder and put ModInfo file and Config folder inside it..am i right or wrong?

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by mhwaso View Post
    so to use Xpath i should make new folder called < mods > inside 7dtd folder and put ModInfo file and Config folder inside it..am i right or wrong?
    A modder puts the config file and modinfo into a folder for you all you do is drag that folder into the mods folder that you created and wallah done

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    A modder puts the config file and modinfo into a folder for you all you do is drag that folder into the mods folder that you created and wallah done
    thanks ,,finally it works

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    Something I threw together in a few mins tonight.

Currently this is only a 60 slot Bigger Backpack (32 unlocked, 28 locked via perk). There are now two versions available, the traditional version where you overwrite your files, and an xpath version that uses the mod folder. This is not a DLL mod, and thus does not break EAC. It DOES save all items in all slots in single player. I have not tested multiplayer as I did not have access to a dedicated build at the time, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Enjoy!

"Original" style mod. (unzip to your 7 days to die/Data folder)

A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod.
    A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod, with Food and Water indicators on the UI.

"XPath" style mod. (unzip to your 7 days to die/Mods folder)

A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod (Using XPath)
    A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod, with Food and Water indicators on the UI. (Using XPath)

A17 - 96 Slot Backpack Mod (Using XPath)
    A17 - 96 Slot Backpack Mod, with Food and Water indicators on the UI. (Using XPath)
    you say... do this...: traditional version where you overwrite your files, and an xpath version that uses the mod folder.
    but i dont have a Mod folder to the xpath version.. so where to find the mod folder ?

and i have 2 data folder..:
    7DaysToDie_Data
    and
    Data
    with of them do i unzip to ?
    Last edited by Døller; 12-26-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Hunter
    Make the "Mods" folder in the same folder as the data folder. The traditional version requires you to put the files in Data\Config folder. NOT the 7DaysToDie_Data folder

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeW74 View Post
    Make the "Mods" folder in the same folder as the data folder. The traditional version requires you to put the files in Data\Config folder. NOT the 7DaysToDie_Data folder

so that mean.. that i go to...: 7 Days To Die/Data and make a Folder Named Mods
    in the Mods folder I unzip the the file i Downloade here from this site?
    and then it work ?
    Last edited by Døller; 12-26-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Hunter
    I open the 7 Days to day folder and go to Data open that and in there i make a new folder named mods.
    I download the file from here..: 96 Slot Backpack Mod, with Food and Water indicators on the UI. (Using XPath)
    Then I unzip it in the Mods folder.
    Maked a new game but still the same as before... No bigger backpack..
    wht do i do wrong ?

Hunter
    just tryed it on the traditional version where you overwrite your files, but when i start a game it says this...:
    ERR XML Loader and Persing 'loot.xml' failed
    Exception: Item with Name 'magazinePerkWreckingCrew' not found!

so what to do now ?

Refugee
    verify your game files to fix your overwrite of files. make the mod folder in 7 days to die folder same folder as exe is in not in data folder. to use xpath
    Last edited by jk958; 12-26-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Please make the mods folder in the 7 Days to Die folder as below, if you have no folder called Mods then create one yourself.

mods.JPG

Unzip the mod and put into the Mods folder

- - - Updated - - -

This example is for the 90 slot version
    Mods 2.JPG

Does this help ?

Any other modlets you want to use can also be put into the mods folder

My Mods folder at present looks like this and all work fine so you just put the mods you want to use in the folder to create the perfect experience for your personal tastes
    mods 3.jpg

There is a modlet in there called 'Manux Custom vehicles' that would need to be on your pc and your friend if they join your local games as some of the files do not push to other clients when joining.
    Last edited by Ragsy 2145; 12-26-2018 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Doubled info added more info

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragsy 2145 View Post
    Please make the mods folder in the 7 Days to Die folder as below, if you have no folder called Mods then create one yourself.

mods.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Mods 2.JPG

Does this help ?

My Mods folder at present looks like this and all work fine so you just put the mods you want to use in the folder to create the perfect experience for your personal tastes
    mods 3.jpg

There is a modlet in there called 'Manux Custom vehicles' that would need to be on your pc and your friend if they join your local games as some of the files do not push to other clients when joining.
    This is the correct way of doing it. Do not put mods folder in data or anywhere else lol.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragsy 2145 View Post

mods.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Mods 2.JPG

Does this help ?

mods 3.jpg

It worked Nice... a BIG thx for the help..