Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Tips for Improved Performance on a17 Experimental

  1. #16
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewchief90 View Post
    When is the update planned to be released for download.
    This post was about alpha 17, and we're already on 17.1 ...

  2. #17
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks! It works

  3. #18
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LordyHun View Post
    So... what resolution would be the recommended for a PC with the following specs?
    - i5 4690k @ 4 GHz
    - RX 470 4GB
    - 16 GB DDR3 @1866

    I've bought the game a few days ago.

    A16 was "fine" at fullHD, medium/high settings (I've used the "high" preset but diabled SSAO, AA, Motion blur, DoF and god rays), mostly 60-ish FPS with small hiccups

    A17 is basically unplayable (below 20 FPS with occasional lag spikes) anywhere near buildings or zombs even after I've lowered the settings to 1600*900 with settings between medium and low.

    I feel like I "have" to use V-Sync, since AMD's framerate limiter feature does not seem to work and my GPU is trying to melt while dishing out 90+ frames when there are no zombies nearby. Anyways, I still get 30-40 FPS when inside buildings even when it's off, so it does not seem to improve things for me.

    This is starting to feel a bit ridiculous, as the game's starting to look like something from 10 years ago, and I still can't fight during horde events because it's awfully hard to hit anything with a jumpy 20-ish framerate.

    Edit:
    If I'm not a host but delegate this fine role to my friend who has a newer i7 CPU with a 1070 then my framerate problems are gone. My guess as an ex-graphics engine developer that the new A* pathfinding of the zombies is what increases the load so much that my old 4-core-4-threads CPU cannot handle it anymore. Makes sense, as there are lots of possibilities there to be calculated, so the load should be indeed very high.
    (which is why most games with large mobs use extremely dumb AI-s) Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

    Conclusion for other players with old'n'♥♥♥♥ty machines: don't be the host, find one!
    V-Sync, car la fonction de limitation du nombre d'images par seconde d'AMD ne semble pas fonctionner et mon GPU
    Last edited by rossi; 05-28-2019 at 08:07 AM.

  4. #19
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LordyHun View Post
    So... what resolution would be the recommended for a PC with the following specs?
    - i5 4690k @ 4 GHz
    - RX 470 4GB
    - 16 GB DDR3 @1866

    I've bought the game a few days ago.

    A16 was "fine" at fullHD, medium/high settings (I've used the "high" preset but diabled SSAO, AA, Motion blur, DoF and god rays), mostly 60-ish FPS with small hiccups

    A17 is basically unplayable (below 20 FPS with occasional lag spikes) anywhere near buildings or zombs even after I've lowered the settings to 1600*900 with settings between medium and low.

    I feel like I "have" to use V-Sync, since AMD's framerate limiter feature does not seem to work and my GPU is trying to melt while dishing out 90+ frames when there are no zombies nearby. Anyways, I still get 30-40 FPS when inside buildings even when it's off, so it does not seem to improve things for me.

    This is starting to feel a bit ridiculous, as the game's starting to look like something from 10 years ago, and I still can't fight during horde events because it's awfully hard to hit anything with a jumpy 20-ish framerate.

    Edit:
    If I'm not a host but delegate this fine role to my friend who has a newer i7 CPU with a 1070 then my framerate problems are gone. My guess as an ex-graphics engine developer that the new A* pathfinding of the zombies is what increases the load so much that my old 4-core-4-threads CPU cannot handle it anymore. Makes sense, as there are lots of possibilities there to be calculated, so the load should be indeed very high.
    (which is why most games with large mobs use extremely dumb AI-s)

    Conclusion for other players with old'n'♥♥♥♥ty machines: don't be the host, find one!
    Thanks for taking your time out and helping the community.

    Thanks and Regards

  5. #20
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    So I have a potato that ran alpha 16 fine graphically. With alpha 17 everything looks blobby. Does anyone have any suggestions?

  6. #21
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,618
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CRU TANG View Post
    So I have a potato that ran alpha 16 fine graphically. With alpha 17 everything looks blobby. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    turn up the tree quality.

  7. #22
    Tracker mr.natural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CRU TANG View Post
    So I have a potato that ran alpha 16 fine graphically. With alpha 17 everything looks blobby. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    disable texture streaming

  8. #23
    Reconstructionist layarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    U.S.A. East Coast
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    0
    use

    gfx pp enable 0
    to disable post processing on the command-line in-game

  9. #24
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    I have an
    i7 3.5GHz processor
    32GB RAM
    NVIDIA GTX 1080

    and I'm getting around 35-45fps while standing still in the middle of an open field. During horde nights, I change my settings to the lowest possible settings across the board, and I range between 3fps to 25 fps. If pathfinding is the reason why the framerate drops that drastically for an $800 video card, then there's wildly extreme problems with the way the pathfinding is written. It would have to be on the level of trying to run the entirety of Crysis with each zombie.

  10. #25
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,618
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by murlocdummy View Post
    I have an
    i7 3.5GHz processor
    32GB RAM
    NVIDIA GTX 1080

    and I'm getting around 35-45fps while standing still in the middle of an open field. During horde nights, I change my settings to the lowest possible settings across the board, and I range between 3fps to 25 fps. If pathfinding is the reason why the framerate drops that drastically for an $800 video card, then there's wildly extreme problems with the way the pathfinding is written. It would have to be on the level of trying to run the entirety of Crysis with each zombie.
    That's exactly why my i73930k is overclocked from 3.2/3.8GHz to 4.2/4.8GHz. OC'ing that and my RAM made a huge difference in FPS. The game doesn't care about your GPU. This is covered in the Sticky FAQ.

  11. #26
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    The FAQ you wrote is great. The only nitpick I have is that it doesn't actually mention that the game doesn't care about your GPU. Just a mention that it requires a minimum amount of RAM on your graphics card. Still, it's good to know that the game is this poorly optimized so I know to not expect much in the way of graphical quality.

  12. #27
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    *work in pc amd apu 10 fps more alpha 17.4 (windows 7 ultimate 64x)
    *NOT WORK on PC intel gpu 550 and 650 (win 10 64x pro) It just goes crazy, changes the resolution approximately 3 times (while charging), resets the default graphic settings according to my requirements. And the fps are lower, I disable it but it still works I will have to reinstall XD
    (maybe the problem is windows 10 it's known that it sucks)
    thanks to share :-D
    Last edited by TomSavini; 1 Week Ago at 09:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •