Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Xyth's A17 Modlet Collection

Scavenger
    Thanks. i installed the Modlet Yesterday but sadly we cant use it on the 2. Gaming Pc since it just have 12gb Ram and when i try to log into Server it crashes and the Logfile says the PC runs out of Ram while loading these Mods (Radio, Video Player, Theater Screens and Billboards).
    So i had to remove them until we got more Ram for the 2. Gaming PC. On Server and the 1. Gaming Pc there was no Problem.

The issue is the size of the video files. Each of those mods load the same video files as they are just placeholder videos. The intention is that the host will replace those with new .mp4 files. In your case Id start with just one mod, then see if that loads. Then change the .mp4 files to one of your liking. if that works, you might try adding a second mod. Its unlikely all 4 will run on a server at once unless you have lots of memory. One the billboard, try the basic one that doesn't use video.

Scavenger
    Ok i will try, thank you

Refugee
    Hi Xyth! First - amazing mods!! I'm running Ravenhearst and really love the addition of your video players. The issue I'm running in to is with the Theater Screen. I cannot for the life of me get it to play the mp4 I loaded. I've deleted all other videoxx.mp4 files in the Resource folders both on the server and my client and only have the video00.mp4 I loaded (renamed to match the default). However, when I set up a TheaterScreen, it still only plays the three default. I don't even know where it is pulling the files from at this point. Any ideas would be extremely appreciated .

I don't know if RavenH might change things (it shouldn't) but the Theater Screen is configured in Unity to read files from a fixed directory path, specifically for video00 it is:

file://../Mods/TheaterScreens/Resources/video00.mp4

So if your seeing a video, it has to be coming from that directory.

Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    I don't know if RavenH might change things (it shouldn't) but the Theater Screen is configured in Unity to read files from a fixed directory path, specifically for video00 it is:

file://../Mods/TheaterScreens/Resources/video00.mp4

So if your seeing a video, it has to be coming from that directory.
    Correct, we kept the pathing the exact same as what you find in Xyths download. I have noticed that the encoding can be slightly tricky depending on what you use to convert your videos? I use an online converter, that i believe i linked somewhere in this thread and the videos i have made run fine with it.

Added a modlet called Patch_Entity that removes the error caused when entities die with a bleeding buff on them. It "should" also remove the bleeding effect left on the player on respawn, but that was not tested, just should be a nice side effect. That modlet is on my repo and in the mod launcher. I'm not adding it to the index yet until its used a while.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Added a modlet called Patch_Entity that removes the error caused when entities die with a bleeding buff on them. It "should" also remove the bleeding effect left on the player on respawn, but that was not tested, just should be a nice side effect. That modlet is on my repo and in the mod launcher.

I'm completely new to the installation of a mod that handles more than an XML, and when I attempt to install it by putting the 'Radio' folder into my friends and I's dedicated server, it gives off this message in the live console, after restarting once I upload it via FTP
    Code:
    2019-07-24T09:28:15 5.556 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved
    2019-07-24T09:28:15 5.633 INF StartAsServer
    Unable to open archive file: C:/TCAFiles/Users/----/67950/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../Mods/Radios/Resources/Radios.unity3d
    2019-07-24T09:28:23 13.976 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/TCAFiles/Users/-----/67950/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../Mods\Radios/Resources/Radios.unity3d" failed!
    2019-07-24T09:28:23 13.976 ERR Model '#@modfolder(Radios):Resources/Radios.unity3d?Jukebox_X' not found on block with name JukeBox
    2019-07-24T09:28:23 13.976 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
    Exception: Model '#@modfolder(Radios):Resources/Radios.unity3d?Jukebox_X' not found on block with name JukeBox
    2019-07-24T09:28:24 14.987 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed
    This followed by a server spam that references an unknown color or something along those lines. Im new at this kind of thing but I'd like to learn how to install the Radios mod, and can't seem to be able to get it to work. Its obvious that its nothing to do with things being clientside, so I have not a clue.

Refugee
    What is the proper way to install the "Radio" mod? I come up with an error that actually prevents my dedi server from running and it attempts a restart after it callsback errors trying to read the .xmls, and the , once restarting it after I upload it into my /Mods directory. Fairly new to it modding up dedis. Get a callback in the live console as it starts about errors pertaining to loading the .xmls, and the unity3d file, then an error spams the console with a reference to an 'unknown color'. (Im probably posting twice because my posts are taking forever to be approved, sorry. The first one had my copypaste server log.)

I can no longer recreate the server log, the only thing I receive instead of the aforementioned errors is this:
    Code:
    ~
    2019-07-24T11:29:01 6.256 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved
    2019-07-24T11:29:01 6.333 INF StartAsServer
    Initializing Microsoft Media Foundation failed. It seems that the Microsoft Media Foundation is not installed on this machine or a newer version of Microsoft Media Foundation is required. To install the necessary libraries please install the Media Feature Pack from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/result.aspx?q=Media+Feature+Pack for your version of Windows. 
    Initializing Microsoft Media Foundation failed. It seems that the Microsoft Media Foundation is not installed on this machine or a newer version of Microsoft Media Foundation is required. To install the necessary libraries please install the Media Feature Pack from 
    ~
    I can assume that this is due to the server provider's machines (HostHavoc) , which actually sucks if windows media is required to make this work. Or is there some alternative to getting this to work outside of just this method?
    Last edited by Trist; 07-24-2019 at 06:33 PM.

No special install tricks needed. Radios Mod is vanilla compatible so no code or scripts load. The dedi should have a folder named "Mods" in the same directory as the game executable. The radio mod goes into the Mods folder. By looking at your log file it seems likely there is a pathing error as it can seem to find the mod to load it.

As to the windows media foundation, if you want to play .mp4 files on a windows server I think that option is standard on the install, but perhaps your provider chose not to load it.
    Last edited by xyth; 07-25-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Hey Xyth. Love the mods man. I was thinking about how cool it would be to be able to switch the TV's on with a remote control, switch the video to next video etc. Not sure if its possible to do this but man would it kick butt. Keep up the good work and keep the mods coming. More content=more fun. Thanks!

There are hard limits what can be done without using code. I have not tested this but you can try adding this property to the blocks.xml in the mod to see if you can change the channel from a greater distance: <property name="ActivationDistance" value="20"/> where 20 is the max distance in blocks that you can activate the TV. Change the number to more or less as suits. This might replace the need for a remote.

Refugee
    Is it possible/how do we push custom videos through a dedicated server without sending the video file to each player? I've gotten custom videos to play but I was only able to do it through the client theaterscreens/resources folder rather than the server folder.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Nope. Only XML's push from the server, nothing else.