Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A17 Mining

Here is a spot on navezgane (on stable) next to bobs boars with coal and iron.

Here

Im cheating a to find mining locations for my legit play through . turned off spawn, turned cheat mode off , block durability 25% . Load up an auger , some tnt, and a shotgun ( or whatever firearm you choose) . Dig a hole 2 spaces wide down to bedrock with auger . Back to the wall, fly up placing tnt as you go , shoot it at top, and see if any veins show up. So far best results come from groups of 3 or more small boulders , right in the middle. If i find stuff, i screenshot it for referance . if not, move to new location.

If anyones interested, id be happy to share more locations as i find them. Or , you could just check my screenshots on steam .
    Last edited by DrTeath; 01-17-2019 at 04:35 PM.

If you're going to "cheat", just uncomment the "ore visualisation section in blocks.xml. Much quicker. =P

Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    If you're going to "cheat", just uncomment the "ore visualisation section in blocks.xml. Much quicker. =P
    Didnt even know there were console commands . Well, at least in the version we have, i assumed they were locked for everything but the developer version. good to know.

and im still a dummy, cause thats an xml edit. Im derping hard today.

Huh, thats an interesting way of doing that . When the crosshairs mouse over the gravel , you get a tooltip telling you what it contains. And the ore shows up as a block of the item.
    Last edited by DrTeath; 01-17-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Nomad
    I am a little confused about mining in A17.

#1 – When they say that the veins are found under boulders, does that mean the BIG boulders or the small boulder?

#2 – Madmole recently said, “If you sample the gravel (watch the harvest) that is what you will find underneath. So if you get gravel/rock/iron when you dig the surface gravel spots you've hit an iron mine. If it doesn't produce a special ore, its a dud, move on.” Does this mean the gravel that is pretty close to the surface? And how close to the boulders is this gravel normally?

#3 – Are all types of ore found in all biomes again or are they spread out in different biomes like they used to be?

Thanks.

Found what i believe is a bug though. The white blocks labeled Potassium nitrate are dropping stone instead of nitrate powder.

screenshot

edit : Switched my blocks.xml file back to the original and it drops nitrate again. seems to be an issue with uncommenting the file
    Last edited by DrTeath; 01-17-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor9 View Post
    Does this mean the gravel that is pretty close to the surface? And how close to the boulders is this gravel normally?
    He meant theses gravel spots on the surface
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...8050644DBBA76/
    You see they're right next to a couple of small boulders, I dug up a block and got a one iron so there's most likely an iron vein underneath

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by crossed View Post
    He meant theses gravel spots on the surface
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...8050644DBBA76/
    You see they're right next to a couple of small boulders, I dug up a block and got a one iron so there's most likely an iron vein underneath
    So the non-grass looking areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Armor9 View Post
    So the non-grass looking areas?
    yep, like right to the left and above the spot I dug up

Refugee
    I'm a bit lost here. I'd like to see how the ores are distributed. But what means "uncomment ore viz..." ? English ain't my native language so i'm a bit confused here �� What i need to change?

Edit: Nevermind. i found it out myself. Just deleting that part did the trick.

Also, my first comment here but been playing for c20190120120834_1.jpgouple of years. Hi!
    Last edited by Kipster; 01-20-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    I tried that and the game will not load with the visualization added.

Scavenger
    We were on day 49 and still no nitrate found from mining. Dug 5 different mines in a snow biome near and in the middle of boulders (the small things) and in gravel patches. Nothing. I do have really horrible "game dice" so take that into account.

Finally gave up and enabled node visualization and flew underground with the editor. There was nitrate sort of close to some of my snow mines but not under boulders or gravel... Even marking the location it took 2 more vertical shafts to find the nodes even knowing where they were.

It would be great if there was a better in game mechanic for finding ore, something like an ore detector tool we could craft.